• Show
Clear All

• mixxaor wrote: View Post

mixxaor wrote: View Post

woj bombs
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Dude the 2013-14 Cavs was led by Thompson (22), Irving (21), Jarett Jack (30), Waiters (22), and Varejao (31) in minutes. Jack and Waiters were both sub-51% TS, which is abysmal. Deng was sixth in minutes and was also sub 51%. Frankly it's a miracle they got to 33 wins imo.
      1) So why was Irving's impact negligible to bad? If that team was so incapable, shouldn't they have fallen apart when Irving was off?

2) Why make the cutoff 51%? Irving was merely at 53% himself. Is a 2-3% gap the difference between abysmal and fantastic?

Hawes and Verajao were very productive bigs at the time. Waiters was putting up 21+ ppg in the games Kyrie wasn't playing and leading the team to a .500 record. CJ Miles was a very good bench shooter. And Deng was on his way to his 3rd straight Allstar appearance before getting traded to the Cavs. The roster wasn't all doom and gloom like Kyrie supporters want to make it seem.

Comment

• Interesting hire by Webster/Masai in Winn. Essentially he was a reporter for SI for 15 years.. interesting because it's an oustide the box type of hire.. similar to Memphis going after Hollinger.

Winn's spent a lot of time covering college hoops so this is a good get.

Need to go back and read some of his older articles now to see what types of guys he liked in the draft... and if he was more right or wrong with his assessments.

Comment

• At the Jays game.

Bruno and OG just walked up the stairs in my aisle. OG showed no signs of difficulty taking the stairs, looked one hundred percent. Perhaps this is already known, I haven't seen him shooting around or anything. Anyway, from the Skydome stairway eyetest - he's looking good

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            1) So why was Irving's impact negligible to bad? If that team was so incapable, shouldn't they have fallen apart when Irving was off?

2) Why make the cutoff 51%? Irving was merely at 53% himself. Is a 2-3% gap the difference between abysmal and fantastic?

Hawes and Verajao were very productive bigs at the time. Waiters was putting up 21+ ppg in the games Kyrie wasn't playing and leading the team to a .500 record. CJ Miles was a very good bench shooter. And Deng was on his way to his 3rd straight Allstar appearance before getting traded to the Cavs. The roster wasn't all doom and gloom like Kyrie supporters want to make it seem.
            I agree that his impact on winning that year was limited, but very few 21-year-olds can drag a team that bad to the playoffs. The Pelicans won 34 games this season with Anthony Davis, who is probably universally accepted as the better player.

The on/off stats may be as simple as having a bench unit led by a pesky defender in Dellavedova, who had the best on-court DRatg of any regular.

A difference of 3.5% (Irving vs Jack) in TS% is significant, but more importantly, it's on volume. Heavy usage is going to mean decreased efficiency when other teams are keying on you and you have limited options beside you. If you think Deng would have made the all star team on 14/5 and 41.7% shooting for a team that was 15-25 I'm not sure what to tell you.

I am not saying Kyrie was an amazing two-way superstar at that point in time, but people using his early years to say he doesn't contribute to winning is just really myopic. It's like looking at DeMar's third season and saying welp, that's who he is.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
              At the Jays game.

Bruno and OG just walked up the stairs in my aisle. OG showed no signs of difficulty taking the stairs, looked one hundred percent. Perhaps this is already known, I haven't seen him shooting around or anything. Anyway, from the Skydome stairway eyetest - he's looking good
              Go slap OG and run away, making sure to record video of him chasing you so we can analyze his stride.

Do it for the Republic!

Comment

• lol

Comment

I agree that his impact on winning that year was limited, but very few 21-year-olds can drag a team that bad to the playoffs. The Pelicans won 34 games this season with Anthony Davis, who is probably universally accepted as the better player.

The on/off stats may be as simple as having a bench unit led by a pesky defender in Dellavedova, who had the best on-court DRatg of any regular.

A difference of 3.5% (Irving vs Jack) in TS% is significant, but more importantly, it's on volume. Heavy usage is going to mean decreased efficiency when other teams are keying on you and you have limited options beside you. If you think Deng would have made the all star team on 14/5 and 41.7% shooting for a team that was 15-25 I'm not sure what to tell you.

I am not saying Kyrie was an amazing two-way superstar at that point in time, but people using his early years to say he doesn't contribute to winning is just really myopic. It's like looking at DeMar's third season and saying welp, that's who he is.
                  Great points man.

Comment

• So when does preseason starts?
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      So when does preseason starts?
                      Oct 1 vs Clippers in Hawaii

Comment

• 3 more weeks? damn.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          3 more weeks? damn.

Comment

• This is totally random. I'm currently reading some NFL news. And I finally figured out who Ezekiel Elliott reminds me of - Amir Johnson. Dude looks exactly like Amir.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Go slap OG and run away, making sure to record video of him chasing you so we can analyze his stride.

Do it for the Republic!
                              GOLDBLUM, slap Bruno while you're at it..just for the hell of it. Try to knock some sense into him.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Dude the 2013-14 Cavs was led by Thompson (22), Irving (21), Jarett Jack (30), Waiters (22), and Varejao (31) in minutes. Jack and Waiters were both sub-51% TS, which is abysmal. Deng was sixth in minutes and was also sub 51%. Frankly it's a miracle they got to 33 wins imo.
                                Don't forget Andrew Bynum.

Anyway, a year before in 2012-23 I was at this game. I was so pissed that the Raptors just let Kyrie walk up the court and step into an uncontested 3 when he was the only weapon they had. The Cavs crunch time lineup was rookie Dion Waiters, Livingston, Speights and Wayne Ellington. Thank you Alan fucking Anderson.

(though to be fair, these were dire times for both franchises and looking at the +/- it appears Waiters and Speights kept the Cavs in the game by brutalizing the Raps bench)

https://www.basketball-reference.com...301260TOR.html
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X