Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Here are the superstars that are worthy of building around (just my opinion, of course).

LeBron
    Durant
    Curry
    Harden
    Westbook
    Davis
    George
    Paul
    Leonard

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few, but the point remains. These respective teams all have the requisite foundation to build a championship roster. The fact that some have not won a ring yet, is not evidence against tanking. There are obviously other factors that need to be addressed (proper coaching, scouting, FA recruiting, willing ownership, etc.).
    That list is 7 players too long. Only Lebron and Curry and getting their teams championships. Maybe Leonard does it this year, but he's a 15th overall pick that the Spurs traded up for, so he's the poster argument against tanking.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      -style of play has to change
      -culture has to change,
      -not going to just curl up in a ball and wait out lebron and the warriors, have to improve and goal is championship still
      -wants to resign Lowry, doesn't seem overly thrilled with him however so don't expect them to bend over backwards
      -all free agents won't be back, but we will be in the tax
      -wants to promote and develop young guys, need to find winners in the draft and the current team

Missed the 2nd half of it
      He definitely didn't say they would be in the tax. He said they had approval from ownership to go into the tax, but would be presenting ownership several options, including the tear down option, in terms of plans to go forward from here.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Demar better be ready to catch and shoot or swing the ball next year. The days of slow archaic iso are finally ending around here, casey or no casey.
        I'll have to wait to see it before I believe it. It would be a total change to what made DeMar and max contract player. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• So 2pat sold his condo and moved in to a hotel. I don't know if he is cashing out the RE market or he knows he's not back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            That list is 7 players too long. Only Lebron and Curry and getting their teams championships. Maybe Leonard does it this year, but he's a 15th overall pick that the Spurs traded up for, so he's the poster argument against tanking.
            The fact that 14 teams passed on Leonard means very little. That just shows you how easy it is for life-long pros in the business to miss talent. Again, not a reason against tanking.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
              So 2pat sold his condo and moved in to a hotel. I don't know if he is cashing out the RE market or he knows he's not back.

I'd be shocked if Pat came back. It was going to be touch and go bringing him back even if the Raps played well against the Cavs and justified a big tax bill. Now that the team will probably look to avoid the tax, or at most pay a small amount of tax, he's almost certainly gone.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                He definitely didn't say they would be in the tax. He said they had approval from ownership to go into the tax, but would be presenting ownership several options, including the tear down option, in terms of plans to go forward from here.
                I think it hinges on lowry. I think he gets a take it or leave it offer, and it decides quickly which route we take.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                  So 2pat sold his condo and moved in to a hotel. I don't know if he is cashing out the RE market or he knows he's not back.

Or he got a big raise and is buying a house. Nah, what you suggested makes more sense.

Comment

• There is a role for ISO...I'd like to see about 13 seconds of various offensive sets and then flip the ball to DeMar or Kyle if it collapses. Those ISO skills are still valuable. But you can't expect Carroll, Powell, Tucker and Patterson to thrive in the current setup
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I hate to see Patterson go. You just know he is going to end up somewhere with a great offense and make us pay
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Pat is gone forsure. He's part of that choking culture. Carroll and cojo should be as well, maybe jv is the sweetener for a carroll deal, send them both to a young team for dead eye shooter and 2nd round pick

Comment

True, but if I'm philly I'm still betting on him for at least another year. Plus they haven't seen simmons yet. Nothing is close to a guarantee there but they are definitely content pushing all in at this time.
                          For Philly it makes tons of sense. And if you had their pick it made sense to draft him even with injury red flags. I mostly meant there's no way I would, for instance, trade for him or even sign him (unless a bargain) to build around him. He really needs to prove he can get his health right, and so far there are literally no encouraging signs of that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I think it hinges on lowry. I think he gets a take it or leave it offer, and it decides quickly which route we take.
                            I really don't think a tear down is in the plans. It's an end of year presser and Masai is in full politician mode. He's saying almost everything the fans want to hear and insinuating the rest. We probably should not hang on everything he says like it's solid.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              I really don't think a tear down is in the plans. It's an end of year presser and Masai is in full politician mode. He's saying almost everything the fans want to hear and insinuating the rest. We probably should not hang on everything he says like it's solid.
                              No I also don't think a complete tear down is in the cards. But if Lowry isn't back you're forced to retool.

Comment

• Whenever the side of us say we need to tank, I think some of us get it misconstrued. This isn't the 76ers selling the entire team for 2nd round picks and putting in YMCA worthy ball players in the starting line-up. It is more of gutting the necessary assets for the right price and giving our young players a chance.

To me this is a win-win situation. You can start Delon, Powell, Siakam, Poetl etc. in a NEW system/coach while acquiring draft picks and shedding salary of the likes of Carroll, JV, Joseph, Demar(highly unlikely) etc. It can work out 2 ways, either the young guns step up and blow past their potential or at least show good growth... OR it doesn't work out and we get a high draft pick with a better chance of landing that superstar talent and have future salary cap space. In the end I don't see this as a TANK job, more so giving the young guys a chance. We got to remember we are still one of the younger teams in the league with some promising talent.

To me banging our heads against the wall until Lebron gets an injury or retires, and even if that happens, playing a stacked Warriors team is nothing more than a good business move for Masai and ownership. However as a sports fan of this city I want to see championships, it's baffling to think this core could get us there.

Comment

Working...
                                X