Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    He's an RFA. If the Raps want to keep him, there's little he can do about it, at least about the 2018-19 season.
    True, but if someone gives him a Harrison Barnes type offer then do or should Raptors match? Might be best for the sake of this 3 year window we are locked into, to trade Norm. If we can package him with JV for someone who gives us a shot at getting to the Finals then I'd do it. As it stands we are not close. It's move forward or backward, but staying in the same spot wasn't part of Masai's plans if you take his word for it.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      Nobody can guard Lebron James.....That's the truth. Lebron is going to get his. I think the smarter plan is to contain the others.
      I think Norm will do a better job than Carroll on most SF anyways.

Hopefully OG Anunoby grows into the stopper that we hope he can be.
      I agree. Even GS couldn't stop LeBron from averaging a triple double in the finals (or close to it I think). You have to outscore LeBron to beat him and make it difficult as possible for him to do the same. Norm will do a better job than Carroll, but so far it doesn't look like that will make nearly a difference.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        True, but if someone gives him a Harrison Barnes type offer then do or should Raptors match? Might be best for the sake of this 3 year window we are locked into, to trade Norm. If we can package him with JV for someone who gives us a shot at getting to the Finals then I'd do it. As it stands we are not close. It's move forward or backward, but staying in the same spot wasn't part of Masai's plans if you take his word for it.
        I don't think such a trade exists. Maybe if we had picks to trade, but we won't be able to trade picks (effectively) until next summer.

I think the Raps keep Powell, match any reasonable offer, and are looking at a hard decision if a max offer comes in (which I doubt) - whether to match and shed salary elsewhere, or let him go.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          You make it seems like CJ is a better match up against LBJ/Giannis. Id rather have Norm guarding those guys that Miles.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          I'd rather have the option of CJ making them pay for clogging the lanes to guard DD/Lowry or the size of OG in front of them. You can't defend LBJ, you have to outscore him while making things as difficult as possible.

Comment

I'd rather have the option of CJ making them pay for clogging the lanes to guard DD/Lowry or the size of OG in front of them. You can't defend LBJ, you have to outscore him while making things as difficult as possible.
            That's part of why Powell starting can help compared to previous years, especially if he can hit the three at a half decent clip. That third ball handler really unlocks the potential of the Raptors' offence - something we've seen since 2013-14 with the two-PG lineups Casey has run out with DeMar to close many games.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              That's part of why Powell starting can help compared to previous years, especially if he can hit the three at a half decent clip. That third ball handler really unlocks the potential of the Raptors' offence - something we've seen since 2013-14 with the two-PG lineups Casey has run out with DeMar to close many games.
              Agree about the 3rd ball handler and agree Norm helps there. But I think you may want the more potent offence in that specific scenario against the Cav's, in the playoffs. Move Lowry off ball, put Delon as the primary ball handler. You now have Lowry and Miles on the wings as the knock down 3pt shooters, Derozan has max room to work in the middle and it's debatable who you may want as your C. Ibaka can stretch the floor, but you might out of need have to play JV so you don't get killed on the boards.

Comment

• Today somebody in some thread mentioned Biyombo, so I feel it's ok to post this here.

Last edited by Mess; Fri Sep 15, 2017, 08:03 PM.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Agree about the 3rd ball handler and agree Norm helps there. But I think you may want the more potent offence in that specific scenario against the Cav's, in the playoffs. Move Lowry off ball, put Delon as the primary ball handler. You now have Lowry and Miles on the wings as the knock down 3pt shooters, Derozan has max room to work in the middle and it's debatable who you may want as your C. Ibaka can stretch the floor, but you might out of need have to play JV so you don't get killed on the boards.
                  I like this idea actually. I also like the idea of Demar sitting with Miles+Norm on the floor with Lowry

Comment

The thing is when Powell starts he shoots the 3 at very good clip. I'm all for putting players in a role where thier use to having success in. So far in Powell 2 year career he has shown to be very effective as a starter and underwhelming as a bench player. CJ Miles just had a career year coming off the bench. I think Casey see's Miles as a better Ross and will use him in the same way.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Sep 15, 2017, 02:55 PM.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                      Today somebody in some thread mentioned Biyombo, so I feet it's ok to post this here.

This is the African equivalent of Don Cherry petting a moose with a double double
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        This is the African equivalent of Don Cherry petting a moose with a double double
                        You mean like how most Canadian live in cities and have never seen a moose in the wild? I agree.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• NBA talking about draft lottery reform again. After a steady diet of the Hinkies making a mockery of competitiveness and the perpetually lousy Suns getting competition from the Bulls, Hawks and Pacers this year the commish wants to tweak the rules by lowering the odds for being the tallest midget getting the best odds to get the first lottery pick.

Thinking is this sets up a fight between the big market and small market ownership groups. With no real way to attract primo talent via FA small market teams only have the draft.

Another way to address the uneven playing field would be to either bring in a hard cap or end bird rights or both.

Could be a helluva fight when the next CBA window comes up between big and small market owners.
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Sep 16, 2017, 09:39 AM.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• I still love the idea of the wheel: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...-to-the-wheel/

It would be fantastic to see all incentives for failure removed from the game. Imagine how much more interesting the league would be if every team in the league was always doing everything it possibly could to get a better team on the floor.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                              Today somebody in some thread mentioned Biyombo, so I feel it's ok to post this here.

Damn. What is that? a leopard?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Damn. What is that? a leopard?
                                According to that guy "it's the biggest pussy you're ever gonna stroke"

Comment

Working...
                                X