No announcement yet.

Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idk if starting and running more offense through Valanciunas would result in the Spurs.

It seems like Christian just wants to do whatever the coach's system is. So if you had a good coach and good players you'd be fine, if not, not so much.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Which problem wouldn't we have with Noel? He's small too, and do we know that Noel is not better coming off the bench? For his career, he has a significantly higher TS% off the bench, a net positive individual rating (bball-ref) off the bench, and basically identical assist and rebound rates versus starting.

Noel and Biyombo are very similar style players, if Noel has a higher ceiling in terms of his passing game if nothing else, except Noel is a worse rebounder. I'd be very hesitant to recreate any facet of that dynamic that served Ibaka so poorly.
      I had to laugh when I saw the bold, as you were notorious for claiming 2Pat should start all these years despite being excellent off the bench.

I wouldn't say Noel is small, he has legit height and length to be a C, and his strength and weight will fall into place with time. Not a lot of big bodies he needs to bang around with anyway. Was his TS% as a starter so bad he couldn't be a 5th option for us on our starting unit? It's really the defence we're after anyway.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        I had to laugh when I saw the bold, as you were notorious for claiming 2Pat should start all these years despite being excellent off the bench.

I wouldn't say Noel is small, he has legit height and length to be a C, and his strength and weight will fall into place with time. Not a lot of big bodies he needs to bang around with anyway. Was his TS% as a starter so bad he couldn't be a 5th option for us on our starting unit? It's really the defence we're after anyway.
        What? I don't care about the off the bench thing, it was your logic. I think it's silly, just wanted to present the reality that there's no evidence to support that argument if it was made.

His TS% is fine. I never claimed otherwise. But he has limitations like Biyombo in his game (who also posts a good TS%) on offence. As for size, he's a twig like Biyombo, and although he's slightly taller he's got a shorter wingspan, so ultimately they are pretty comparable.

I'm not saying any of these things are actually issues for Noel. I was just responding to your comment that the issues Biyombo has (size, bench) don't apply to Noel. I think the issues with fitting Biyombo beside Ibaka probably has more to do with skill overlap and lack of range, both of which would apply to Noel.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            I'd like to see Dan and Christian construct their own teams and play styles.. Dan would wind up with the spurs and Christian would end up with the Knicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            harsh lol

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

This is why I'm starting to think that this is about starting JV at all costs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                What? I don't care about the off the bench thing, it was your logic. I think it's silly, just wanted to present the reality that there's no evidence to support that argument if it was made.

His TS% is fine. I never claimed otherwise. But he has limitations like Biyombo in his game (who also posts a good TS%) on offence. As for size, he's a twig like Biyombo, and although he's slightly taller he's got a shorter wingspan, so ultimately they are pretty comparable.

I'm not saying any of these things are actually issues for Noel. I was just responding to your comment that the issues Biyombo has (size, bench) don't apply to Noel. I think the issues with fitting Biyombo beside Ibaka probably has more to do with skill overlap and lack of range, both of which would apply to Noel.
                Wait what? Biyombo is a twig? He has almost the same measurements as Ben Wallace. He's short for a center, yeah, but certainly not skinny or weak.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  This is why I'm starting to think that this is about starting JV at all costs.
                  Always has been. Only reason I can think of is unwillingness to budge from a long established and long defended position. And an unwillingness to look past numbers alone and consider other variables.
                  Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    I'd like to see Dan and Christian construct their own teams and play styles.. Dan would wind up with the spurs and Christian would end up with the Knicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Let's use the Knicks as a segue

Does anyone here just find it almost beyond comical that the Knicks raided the Excremento Kings, yes those perennial " I can't believe they just did that Kings" for front office help.

Maybe most will be proven wrong and they get it turned around but the Knicks are just reeling. I get Perry was only 3 months in Sacto but he comes from a long stint with the Magic who also have to reach up to touch bottom

Cripes if they wind up sending draft picks to Houston with Anthony the Mecca crowd will implode.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Real players understand. Lowry/Deebo going to have the Nets circled on the calender. At least 2pat was smart. When you play like shit you can't talk shit.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Everything 2017 Off-Season

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        Let's use the Knicks as a segue

Does anyone here just find it almost beyond comical that the Knicks raided the Excremento Kings, yes those perennial " I can't believe they just did that Kings" for front office help.

Maybe most will be proven wrong and they get it turned around but the Knicks are just reeling. I get Perry was only 3 months in Sacto but he comes from a long stint with the Magic who also have to reach up to touch bottom

Cripes if they wind up sending draft picks to Houston with Anthony the Mecca crowd will implode.
                        I feel like the kings is a case where nothing went right for them and they had a collection of people who for some reason or another kept making bad decisions, but they were in a bad situation with a superstar who really can't help his team and is a detriment to the team. If you take most of these guys who work in the front office of the kings and spread them around the league they would all be fine. Sacramento was a bad place to be the last 6 years or so but they seemed to have turned the corner and kings fans should feel pretty happy with the way things are going for them.

No the Knicks are just as if not more dysfunctional as the kings were just because it's almost as if it's systemic, but we will have to see how the shedding of Melo affects their fortunes. Maybe the same thing as the kings will happen to them.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Real players understand. Lowry/Deebo going to have the Nets circled on the calender. At least 2pat was smart. When you play like shit you can't talk shit.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Stephen Jack just destroyed Carroll.Lmao. He's bang on tho.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Amazing.

Comment

• If Carroll has no right for an opinion then we too have no right. People talking about teamwork but if you're role player you should shut the fuck up and be happy? Shit is stupid
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X