No announcement yet.

Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have not heard anything surrounding 2Pat, what's the chance we can get him back cheap?
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
      Have not heard anything surrounding 2Pat, what's the chance we can get him back cheap?
      He had a meeting with kings. I think he's a backup if we can't make a bigger move

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        We're sitting around$100m with Ibaka. Lowry is somewhere shy of $30m (?). Cory and Jv are roughly $22m+. Tax is $119m

No to OG!
        OG looks great but if we're getting Millsap I'd be willing

Though it is a S&T so Atlanta wouldn't have too much leverage. Maybe JV+picks does get it done

Comment

Fuck that! There's no a huge market for Millsap atm. Maybe Denver. Wolves are out. Rox don't have pieces/flex
          Wolves out because of the Taj signing?

Have there been any reports of Millsap meeting with Masai? We're not landing him unless he wants to come here

Comment

• What's Millsap's reasonable price? 28-30?

If him and Lowry sign for a combined 58, and we dump JV and CoJo to make it happen, we'd be at 136M. Add in our 8M mid-level since we wouldn't be using any cap space and we're up to 144 before any vet min deals come into play.

Getting Millsap probably means we need to dump JV, CoJo and Carroll for nothing.

We'd have to add a ton of picks to make that happen

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
              OG looks great but if we're getting Millsap I'd be willing

Though it is a S&T so Atlanta wouldn't have too much leverage. Maybe JV+picks does get it done
              I think it's too much. We also don't have to deal with ATL, we just have to clear cap. We can get to $25m but depends how much Millsap can command? I don't think he's worth max but $25m is a little low too. Also doesn't look good to our FA is Millsap gets more money and term.

Comment

• have we even been linked to Millsap at all?

Comment

I think it's too much. We also don't have to deal with ATL, we just have to clear cap. We can get to $25m but depends how much Millsap can command? I don't think he's worth max but $25m is a little low too. Also doesn't look good to our FA is Millsap gets more money and term.
                  Almost certain we can't clear 25M in cap space.

We're at ~100M right now not including Lowry's cap hold I believe.

Give me a minute to actually do the math.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                    have we even been linked to Millsap at all?
                    That's the point

Comment

• Because we don't leak? Maybe we are getting Hayward then. Hey everyone we are getting Hayward!!!

Comment

• I know everyone wants to dump Carrol, but if we S&T something like JV+cojo for Millsap, I'd be interested to see how they play on the floor together.

Comment

• What's the point of paying out so much salary if we're just going to get spanked by the cavs.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Really like the short term window Masai's giving this core. Don't forget a 3 year contracts really mean a 2 year window if things aren't working out, some of them can be unloaded in the 3rd year as expirings or just to get some value back before players walk.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Yeah no its not possible to clear 25M in cap room to sign Millsap outright.

We're at 81M + 18M Ibaka cap hold (I'm assuming we haven't officially completed the signing yet) + 18M Lowry cap hold + 11M PPat cap hold

Even if dump JV+Cojo+Carroll and renounce PPat, we'd be left at ~20M in cap room.

You're looking at dumping two of Bebe/Bruno/Jakob on top of the first 3.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                                What's Millsap's reasonable price? 28-30?

If him and Lowry sign for a combined 58, and we dump JV and CoJo to make it happen, we'd be at 136M. Add in our 8M mid-level since we wouldn't be using any cap space and we're up to 144 before any vet min deals come into play.

Getting Millsap probably means we need to dump JV, CoJo and Carroll for nothing.

We'd have to add a ton of picks to make that happen
                                There's restrictions around what mid-level we qualify for and going into the tax to sign FAs that we don't have bird rights like millsap

Comment

Working...
                                X