No announcement yet.

Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know everyone is concerned about the holes in the roster, but does anyone want to see Masai pickup another minimum vet guy? Miss me with the Scola round two.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      If Millsap isn't an option, I'd offer JV, Carroll and the Magic 2nd to the Knicks for Melo. Sell them on a Porz-JV future frontcourt. Also saves us about $6M next year. Then with the CoJo dump that's nearly $14M saved, which would have us under the tax threshold as well.

Idk if Melo would waive his NTC to come to Toronto though.
      Knicks can get better value for Melo if they wanted but Melo has no trade clause and unlikely to depart New York unless it is for a championship contender where he only needs to worry about offence and not defence. Being a player in T.O is harder cause they want you to play both.

Comment

• Are there any solid defensive players at the 4 that could be had for the minimum? I'm glad Ibaka is back.... maybe we play Siakam next to him if JV is truly gone.....

But who would want JV right now with the way the league is going?
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
          The signal so far is that we want to keep strong for the next 3 years. If that's the case, we need a upgrade on the PF to keep knocking at the door. JV & Cojo are valuable pieces imo, the reason we're trying to move them is salary constraints and positional roster balancing. We should be able to get assets on their trades, and we could use these assets to acquire a quality PF that can shoot.

Millsap would be great, but any above average frontcourt shooter here would be awesome given the how team is shaping up.

Word is that Denver wants to retain Gallo & Jokic AND purse Millsap. Deeeyymn. I see that as a heck of a frontcourt, I wish we could have at least one of those guys. The irony is that even with that, they'll still be a middle of the road low playoff seed team in the west. You'd think that would be incentive for one of these guys to come here and have a shot a conference/NBA finals.
          They need to just focus on their youth and take short deals like the Sixers so they have flexibility when the young guys are up for extension.
          It is a great front court but their not ready to take that step vs the west.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            I know everyone is concerned about the holes in the roster, but does anyone want to see Masai pickup another minimum vet guy? Miss me with the Scola round two.
            Yes short term plug in's are neccessary until OG matures or we find a better solution.Someone like Casspi or Miles should do it for MLE.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              I know everyone is concerned about the holes in the roster, but does anyone want to see Masai pickup another minimum vet guy? Miss me with the Scola round two.
              Agreed. I gotta believe Lowry is in a holding pattern while Masai tries to orchestrate a move here. Millsap is a homerun imo.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                Yes short term plug in's are neccessary until OG matures or we find a better solution.Someone like Casspi or Miles should do it for MLE.
                We can plug some scraps at the end. If we're going in on this core, let's max it!

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                  They need to just focus on their youth and take short deals like the Sixers so they have flexibility when the young guys are up for extension.
                  It is a great front court but their not ready to take that step vs the west.
                  Exactly. They're trying to land massive deals for Millsap & Gallo when they will be a 6th-7th seed at best either way, getting shredded on the first round while still not moving up on future drafts. Go figure.

Imo, plan A should be try to get a cut-above forward like these two above. Failing that, use the MLE/Vet plan and get someone like Vice Carter, Casspi or CJ Miles, like it's been suggested here. I like that.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    I think we might see a lot of Poeltl at the 4 in a reverse 5/4. Not sure how I am with that.
                    Jak is a five. You neutralize the benefits of Ibaka at the 5 by playing Jak at the 4.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Knicks can get better value for Melo if they wanted but Melo has no trade clause and unlikely to depart New York unless it is for a championship contender where he only needs to worry about offence and not defence. Being a player in T.O is harder cause they want you to play both.
                      To your point I read where the Knicks are trying to off load Melo to Houston. He is more likely to waive his ntc with that move...but does Hou have the bodies to go the other way.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                        Exactly. They're trying to land massive deals for Millsap & Gallo when they will be a 6th-7th seed at best either way, getting shredded on the first round while still not moving up on future drafts. Go figure.

Imo, plan A should be try to get a cut-above forward like these two above. Failing that, use the MLE/Vet plan and get someone like Vice Carter, Casspi or CJ Miles, like it's been suggested here. I like that.
                        Just listening to Vince do the commentary in summer league. He'd be so great to dump leo.

Comment

• Need someone to check numbers out, Dan help out if possible

If we end up trading CoJo for a package of picks with no money coming back (whether it's a first or 2 seconds), then would it be possible for a Millsap trade to even happen?

Millsap for JV/insane amount of picks/Siakam or OG

Would leave us with
                          Lowry/Delon/FVV
                          Demar/???
                          Norm/Carroll/Bruno
                          Millsap/Siakam
                          Ibaka/Poeltl/Bebe

Comment

• Is that really our best offer for Millsap?

JV+Siakam/OG/Bebe+a couple 1sts?

But I guess it wouldn't matter too much if we convinced Millsap to come here. Atlanta wouldn't get any better deals

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              Need someone to check numbers out, Dan help out if possible

If we end up trading CoJo for a package of picks with no money coming back (whether it's a first or 2 seconds), then would it be possible for a Millsap trade to even happen?

Millsap for JV/insane amount of picks/Siakam or OG

Would leave us with
                              Lowry/Delon/FVV
                              Demar/???
                              Norm/Carroll/Bruno
                              Millsap/Siakam
                              Ibaka/Poeltl/Bebe
                              We're sitting around$100m with Ibaka. Lowry is somewhere shy of $30m (?). Cory and Jv are roughly $22m+. Tax is $119m

No to OG!

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                                Is that really our best offer for Millsap?

JV+Siakam/OG/Bebe+a couple 1sts?

But I guess it wouldn't matter too much if we convinced Millsap to come here. Atlanta wouldn't get any better deals
                                Fuck that! There's no a huge market for Millsap atm. Maybe Denver. Wolves are out. Rox don't have pieces/flex

Comment

Working...
                                X