Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    Welp with Millsap gone we couldn't tank even if we wanted to. The East is BAD! Like maybe the worst it's been in a while.
    Which is a great reason NOT to tank.
    Heck, why are we even talking (or pining) of/for tanking?

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
      Which is a great reason NOT to tank.
      Heck, why are we even talking (or pining) of/for tanking?
      Maybe you missed the PA announcement that trip has sailed.

Waiting room is just nearby if you care to join us

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        So we are relying on a sprain ankle. Ownership paid top dollars plus tax penalties on a hope that a sprain ankle can win us the East and another THREE sprain ankles to hoist Larry, great.

Giannis and co., Wall and co. could also be hoping for these too.

Unfortunately we didn't include PJ Tucker and possibly Patterson in this laughable discussion.
        F*&k sprained ankle. We are legit top 2-4 team in the east WITH A CHANCE (and that is good enough for me).

BTW, you realize that there is a conspiracy in Raps land?
        Masai is purposefully staying away from tanking just to PISS YOU OFF (if Raps were shitty team, you would have more reason to bitch about how lousy they are).

Comment

F*&k sprained ankle. We are legit top 2-4 team in the east WITH A CHANCE (and that is good enough for me).

BTW, you realize that there is a conspiracy in Raps land?
          Masai is purposefully staying away from tanking just to PISS YOU OFF (if Raps were shitty team, you would have more reason to bitch about how lousy they are).
          Then you run out of rain checks for a meaningful discussion. You just consumed it the moment you said that we are a sprained ankle away in winning the East.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            Then you run out of rain checks for a meaningful discussion. You just consumed it the moment you said that we are a sprained ankle away in winning the East.
            OK, I'll bite & continue this silly discussion:
            Sprained ankle or not: we have a better chance of going to the final (with good Lord willing, afforementioned sprained ankle) than tanking our way to a No 1 pick.
            This year & next & next.

Comment

Sprained ankle or not: we have a better chance of going to the final (with good Lord willing, afforementioned sprained ankle) than tanking our way to a No 1 pick.
              This year & next & next.
              hit the nail on the head

Comment

• @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• So...we hung on to our two biggest free agents. The sky is not falling. Deal with it.

Comment

• It's funny that the detractors on this forum will shout for a rebuild, but cry about not having a star-studded starting lineup.

I'm really at a loss. Do you want to see rookies step up or do you just want to see Toronto lose?

I'll put real money on the fact that these "tank" advocates don't go to games and wait around all year for the draft.

That's fine, but no one cares that you want to watch the Raptors lose from home.

Also, name the player you want. I'm sick of hearing, "tank for picks", like who's your guy godammit, who's your secret weapon?

Cry baby 30+ yr olds, who sit at home and whine about us not being the golden state warriors. sic

Comment

• Realistically what can we get for JV? and who are the top shooters available??

Biggest area we need to address this offseason = shooting. And we haven't addressed it.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

This year & next & next.
                        this is the truth, old lebron getting injured is honestly more probable than us landing the mystery man who makes the raptors unbeatable.

Comment

• 3 years, not 5. If you're not happy, there might be something wrong with you

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            3 years, not 5. If you're not happy, there might be something wrong with you
                            will Lebron even be in the league in 3 years?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Here's my prediction from here on out. Cory gets dumped to Indiana for a limited future asset and cap room (say, a protected 1st or a couple of 2nds). Tucker gets turned into a sign and trade to Houston to allow them to keep their MLE and we get a 2nd rounder for our trouble (say the MEM/CHA/MIA 2018 2nd rounder). The deal would be for a bunch of non-guaranteed contracts to match salary, which the Raptors would waive. Carroll is packaged with those 2nd rounders from those deals and all the cash we can offer to Brooklyn in exchange for no salary return. Raptors then use the full MLE to sign CJ Miles as an extra wing shooter.

Alternatively, they dump JV instead and use the MLE cash (though without having to use the MLE) to sign Patterson. I'd prefer they dump Carroll, but either way works.
                              Okay but if we get CJ Miles we still have no PF with Ibaka playing C. Or are we getting CJ AND Patterson?
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                                will Lebron even be in the league in 3 years?
                                Lebron miggt not be in the EAST next year.
                                Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Jul 3, 2017, 08:27 AM.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X