No announcement yet.

Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HERE ME OUT... we resign everyone to good contracts...then trade the fuck out of them

Resign everyone, extend everyone, EVERYONE GETS A CAR
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      HERE ME OUT... we resign everyone to good contracts...then trade the fuck out of them

Resign everyone, extend everyone, EVERYONE GETS A CAR
      Timing matters. Put yourself in cap hell, and you'll have to pay through the nose to get out of it.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        Huh?!

In what world is an older Lowry and Ibaka more valuable?!

Lowry is already breaking down pretty much on a yearly basis by the time Playoffs come and Ibaka has the best fake ID in the league because there is absolutely no way he is any younger than 30 and I actually believe he is same age as Lowry at best (go watch his decline athletically, that doesn't happen to a player ENTERING his prime ie/ DeMar and Ross). In a year teams will know they only have a couple more good years at best out of these guys. These guys are win NOW moves, not long term. Also if they fail in what we're trying to acheive that would mean they have disappointed and their values would also decrease from that.
        Given the way player salaries are going, quite frankly I don't think I want anything to do with Ibaka. Seems likeable and is talented, but as the article on the front page stated, he is in decline.

Comment

• Were in this weeks Game of Zones episode:

Had no idea where else to post this up, just want it to get views.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            What's the point of waiting, if a rebuild is the ultimate strategy?

First of all, the value of the outgoing assets will be diminished, since they'll be older and controllable for a shorter period of time. Plus there's the inherent risk of injury.

Second, if a rebuild implies getting younger, why not start accumulating assets (ie: prospects & picks) now so they can not only start learning the Raptors playbook/culture sooner, but also begin developing a chemistry (on and off the court) with their teammates more quickly?

Unless you see this team competing for the championship in the next couple seasons, I fail to see a benefit to postponing the inevitable.
            We don't get any return on our assets unless we resign them.
            I don't expect us to win a chip in the next two yrs, let alone in 5 yrs. No idea what the roster/league will look like. As I said in the beginning of my post, I don't mind to be competitive but not elite, given our history of losing.
            Yes, our current FA assets will have less value but they will still have some. I see our guys as solid #2/3 options on a good/elite team. In two yrs, I think they will still be there. If DeMar is worth a top 10 pick right now, I think he's still a bubble lottery or so in two yrs (adjust your expectations up or down relative to how much you value DeMar). Similar with kyle and Ibaka.
            If a good deal comes a long earlier, say deadline or next summer, sure, take it.
            Basically, I don't feel the urge to tear everything down in one summer.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
              Were in this weeks Game of Zones episode:

That was hilarious. Probably the best episode of this batch.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                What's the point of waiting, if a rebuild is the ultimate strategy?

First of all, the value of the outgoing assets will be diminished, since they'll be older and controllable for a shorter period of time. Plus there's the inherent risk of injury.

Second, if a rebuild implies getting younger, why not start accumulating assets (ie: prospects & picks) now so they can not only start learning the Raptors playbook/culture sooner, but also begin developing a chemistry (on and off the court) with their teammates more quickly?

Unless you see this team competing for the championship in the next couple seasons, I fail to see a benefit to postponing the inevitable.
                You fail to see any benefit to winning 50 games a year and making the playoffs for 2-3 more years as the probable second best team in the conference? Okay, then.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  Were in this weeks Game of Zones episode:

Really well done. I think I would actually like to have hezonja but still hilarious nonetheless.

Comment

• What about getting Bledsoe?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                      What about getting Bledsoe?
                      I really like Bledsoe but his fit on the roster isn't great and he's pretty injury prone. I don't know what we could offer either.

Comment

• Now this is the kind of system/culture the Raptors need. Without Leonard or Parker, Spurs are up 22 at half time on the Rockets with basically Aldridge + bench players. Offence and defense remain incredibly disciplined.

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                          Now this is the kind of system/culture the Raptors need. Without Leonard or Parker, Spurs are up 22 at half time on the Rockets with basically Aldridge + bench players. Offence and defense remain incredibly disciplined.
                          Exactly. And the game is in Houston. On the road. The Spurs just have this mental toughness that is so admirable.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                            Exactly. And the game is in Houston. On the road. The Spurs just have this mental toughness that is so admirable.
                            So if Rudy Gay and Andrea Bargnani were combined into one player... would that player be the worst player in NBA history? A volume shooter who can't shoot, rebound, pass, and is absolutely atrocious on defense. Topped off with a shitty, lazy attitude. Extraordinarily low basketball IQ... and loves pasta.

I'm just analyzing your name btw lol.
                            Last edited by Ball; Thu May 11, 2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• There was a poster who was saying that the NBA had basically evolved into a 3-pt shooting contest. Uh.... no.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                There was a poster who was saying that the NBA had basically evolved into a 3-pt shooting contest. Uh.... no.
                                Was his name Matt Devlin?

Comment

Working...
                                X