Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    He only took 3 shots in a friendly, I don't think we should make anything of it, even if he had made all 3.
    Yup, if anything the (quick) turnovers are more of a concern. His lazy passes to the wing that have a propensity for being picked off are probably my least favourite of his foibles. Then, I'd like if he could exert his talent and earn a starting spot on this Brazilian squad, but one step at a time.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Gasol is 33 years old and declining. He only grabbed 6.3 rebounds in 34.2 mpg last year. He's also the exact opposite of small ball push the pace center that everyone seems to want these days. Excellent chance JV has a better season than Gasol this year. The only area Gasol is clearly better than JV is passing.
      Gasol's about a year older than Lowry, but he didn't come to the NBA until he was 24, so he only has 9 seasons under his belt prior to this one (Lowry has played about 300 more minutes than him in his career). Yeah he's not an elite rebounder but he is elite on the defensive end of the floor. And it's not about having a push the pace center, we play at nearly the slowest pace in the league. We need players who can score and create in the half court and Gasol is excellent for that. Gasol is better than JV at every aspect of the game, not just passing. You're insane if you think he's only better than him at passing.

This is the kind of move that could really add something special to our team and actually give us a shot at getting past Cleveland in this three year window.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        So Marc Gasol is possibly available, he said this:

https://sports.yahoo.com/marc-gasol-...210021776.html

Lots of other places reporting it as well. This is yet another reason why I railed against the Carroll trade. We cannot move 1st round picks in a package to get Gasol because we gave up our 2018 one just to save money and gave up a very early 2nd as well. As a result we can't move our 2019 pick and moving 2020 is too risky because that's the last year of Lowry/DeMar/Ibaka's deals and we may be looking to start a rebuild then.

Just poor asset management to be honest. If Memphis does trade Gasol they're definitely going to want draft picks, and we don't have any to trade now. This is a player who could've really elevated us (I'd argue he's better than every player we have atm) and fits the 3 year window as well. Also Cleveland has no answer for him offensively, and he's an excellent anchor on the defensive end.
        Saving money was part of the Carroll trade for sure, but I wouldn't say it was just to save money. It also put the team in a position to use the MLE or do a sign/trade for Miles. If we keep Carroll and the picks, then the Miles move doesn't happen and we are back struggling with shooting again.

Comment

• Oh shit. Pacers filled tampering charges against the Lakers

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Oh shit. Pacers filled tampering charges against the Lakers
            Bird vs Magic.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Yup, if anything the (quick) turnovers are more of a concern. His lazy passes to the wing that have a propensity for being picked off are probably my least favourite of his foibles. Then, I'd like if he could exert his talent and earn a starting spot on this Brazilian squad, but one step at a time.
              TBH, Bruno does needs tweaking on his shot mechanics as at times, he rushes his shot. It's something that 100% annoys me about him as when he actually takes the extra second to shoot it right, he's pretty good at banging threes at will.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Alex91 wrote: View Post
                I'd say he lacks more of a NBA brain rather then a heart.
                If he had the heart, he would take time to study the game and work at it. The two go hand-in-hand.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  If he had the heart, he would take time to study the game and work at it. The two go hand-in-hand.
                  Exactly
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Perhaps it's time to cut hair m loose.

Comment

You guys are asking too much of Bruno. Trying to turn him into an NBA player was akin to trying to get a high school bandmate to be first chair violin for the New York Philharmonic. Possible, but very, very difficult.

I know people like to compare him to Giannis but the Bucks invested lots of losses into Giannis's development. We weren't willing to do the same.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        You guys are asking too much of Bruno. Trying to turn him into an NBA player was akin to trying to get a high school bandmate to be first chair violin for the New York Philharmonic. Possible, but very, very difficult.

I know people like to compare him to Giannis but the Bucks invested lots of losses into Giannis's development. We weren't willing to do the same.
                        Except Giannis actually has the TALENT and the SKILL.

I've been saying this since Bruno was drafted - the only similarities Giannis and Bruno have is they both have long arms and they're both 6'10 or 6'11. THAT'S IT. Just because Bruno has long arms and is as tall as Giannis doesn't mean he's the next Giannis. People needs to wake up lol. It's like when people see a tall, white Euro who can shoot. People would immediately compare that guy to Dirk. It's absurd.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• But why expectation even went there? No shit he's not Giannis. How many people in the league are of Giannis's level. He doesn't need to be Giannis to be a successful player.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I'm just hoping whatever Masai saw in him gets realized. Mostly because I'm a fan of Masai
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Except Giannis actually has the TALENT and the SKILL.

I've been saying this since Bruno was drafted - the only similarities Giannis and Bruno have is they both have long arms and they're both 6'10 or 6'11. THAT'S IT. Just because Bruno has long arms and is as tall as Giannis doesn't mean he's the next Giannis. People needs to wake up lol. It's like when people see a tall, white Euro who can shoot. People would immediately compare that guy to Dirk. It's absurd.
                              Thanks for saying this man. Bruno just simply does not have any of the attributes that Giannis does besides his length. Nowhere near as fast or quick, doesn't have the vertical leap or strength, and is miles behind when it comes to basketball IQ. At this point it's the equivalent of comparing Perry Jones III or Quincy Miller to Durant.

Comment

• The thing with Bruno is that he doesn't have the toughness nor the confidence to make it in the league.
                                Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Aug 21, 2017, 06:13 AM.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X