No announcement yet.

Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone cares, I did a write-up on Reddit on whose The Best PG In The East:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...g_in_the_east/

Hope you guys enjoy!
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Masai is going to try to extend him. With OG on the team I don't see Masai matching a large RFA offer. Unless Norms an all-star or something this year.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Positions don't really mean anything anymore in this era of positionless basketball.

Maybe in the regular season, but I think they'll matter when Powell has to defend forwards with legit size over a seven-game playoff series. Eventually he'll have to face LeBron, Giannis, or other forwards with not just height (offset by Norm's wingspan) but weight advantages. And giving up that sheer size makes a difference, not only in the post, but when it comes to rebounding.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Maybe in the regular season, but I think they'll matter when Powell has to defend forwards with legit size over a seven-game playoff series. Eventually he'll have to face LeBron, Giannis, or other forwards with not just height (offset by Norm's wingspan) but weight advantages. And giving up that sheer size makes a difference, not only in the post, but when it comes to rebounding.
          LBJ/Guannis are the only big 3s that will be in the playoffs. Also the only ones that will deploy a post up game. Middlenton, Hayward, Batum all play a perimeter game.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

LBJ/Guannis are the only big 3s that will be in the playoffs. Also the only ones that will deploy a post up game. Middlenton, Hayward, Batum all play a perimeter game.

And we've shown we can crush the Bucks even while Giannis goes off. And LBJ is a whole other thing.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Watching Powell lock up Middleton in the playoffs (who's 6'8) was so damn fun. Carroll got torched by all of the same guys that people are worried about Powell guarding. We're not giving up much in our starting lineup compared to last season.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                Watching Powell lock up Middleton in the playoffs (who's 6'8) was so damn fun. Carroll got torched by all of the same guys that people are worried about Powell guarding. We're not giving up much in our starting lineup compared to last season.
                Yeah, this is the other big thing. We had Tucker for all of two months. We've been fine with a broken Carroll and Terrence Ross at that position for years - Powell is better than either of them, and if you consider wingspan (you should), bigger than either player.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Positions don't really mean anything anymore in this era of positionless basketball.

On offense think that positionless basketball is the leagues mantra...
                  BUT
                  On defense ....still believe positions still matter ....relying on a stretch 6'6" centre who can hit 3's to clean the defensive glass is a tough call..
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Sep 14, 2017, 02:25 PM.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    On offense think that positionless basketball is the leagues mantra...
                    BUT
                    On defense ....still believe positions still matter ....relying on a stretch 6'6" centre who can hit 3's to clean the defensive glass is a tough call..
                    Draymond Green would disagree

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      I think the risk/reward isn't on the Raptors' side holding out. You have to think someone will at least throw the MLE at Powell (4/37). So the team probably saves a couple million bucks a season, best case (unless Powell completely fails this season, which would already be bad news for the team). On the high side, the team saves a huge amount of money - and more importantly, taxes, which go up exponentially the higher over the threshold you go. So, 10M over the tax is a heck of a lot less expensive than 20M over the tax - and the difference between 10 and 20M over the tax is far greater than the difference between 10 and 0 over the tax.
                      If TimHardaway JR got 4 and 70... you can bet theres another team out there that sees Powell in that range as well.

Its the agents call to make with Norm. I think the Raps would be ecstatic to get him for 4 and 42.

So .. does the agent look at what could be a drier market for lower tier FA's and take 4 and 42 or does he take a chance that somewhere out there there is another team that will go more. The Nets, Hawks, Lakers, Bulls, Kings will all have room next year.
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Sep 14, 2017, 03:14 PM.
                      - TGO

Comment

• I'd be shocked if Miles isn't starting on opening day.

Casey's always gonna Case.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          I'd be shocked if Miles isn't starting on opening day.

Quiet you.

You're right, but still.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I'd be shocked if Miles isn't starting on opening day.

What does that even mean? Casey will start who ever has the better training camp. Unlike 2pat, Norm isn't going to be outplayed by a 30 year old in a contract year. Every interview with Casey/Masai this offseason has hinded to Norm starting. You guys really dont know Casey that well.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Draymond Green would disagree

Draymond has near 7 foot and likely HOF KD along with potential HOF Andre Igudola on the floor when he is playing C ... without those two guys I suspect Draymond looks a little less effective ... ?
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Sep 14, 2017, 05:14 PM.
                              - TGO

Comment

What does that even mean? Casey will start who ever has the better training camp. Unlike 2pat, Norm isn't going to be outplayed by a 30 year old in a contract year. Every interview with Casey/Masai this offseason has hinded to Norm starting. You guys really dont know Casey that well.

Nobody knows him like you do that's forsure
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X