Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Nobody knows him like you do that's forsure
    Exactly, so like I said Powell will start.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I'd be shocked if Miles isn't starting on opening day.

Casey's always gonna Case.
      Nah, not this time. Norman will start and save Casey's job for the 3rd straight season.

Comment

• when does training camp start?

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
          when does training camp start?
          Sept 26. First preseason game vs Clips on Oct 1.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            I think I would actually prefer not giving him an extension and see what the market does.. it's a gamble but I think it can pay off. How many teams will actually have cap space to make a good RFA offer to Norm? I know you only need one team, but I can't really even see which team that would be.

Masai isn't much of a gambler though. My guess is that Norm and his agent will agree to an extension.. similar to how Masai was able to get Ross and JV to sign extensions.
            Hopefully that is the case, but I think Norm see's himself as a starter. Unless he likes the idea of defending guys bigger and taller than him full time he may see better opportunities for himself elsewhere.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Positions don't really mean anything anymore in this era of positionless basketball.

They don't when you have lights out shooters on your roster because you can hang your hat on your offence winning games for your. When you don't have the type of scoring power GS or Houton have then you have be wary of not giving up too much on D. Norm will be fine for the most part in the regular season, but I don't think the Rap's are playing for the regular season as much. It's the match up against LBJ they need to think about when put this roster together.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                Hopefully that is the case, but I think Norm see's himself as a starter. Unless he likes the idea of defending guys bigger and taller than him full time he may see better opportunities for himself elsewhere.
                He's an RFA. If the Raps want to keep him, there's little he can do about it, at least about the 2018-19 season.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

They don't when you have lights out shooters on your roster because you can hang your hat on your offence winning games for your. When you don't have the type of scoring power GS or Houton have then you have be wary of not giving up too much on D. Norm will be fine for the most part in the regular season, but I don't think the Rap's are playing for the regular season as much. It's the match up against LBJ they need to think about when put this roster together.
                  Nobody can guard Lebron James.....That's the truth. Lebron is going to get his. I think the smarter plan is to contain the others.
                  I think Norm will do a better job than Carroll on most SF anyways.

Hopefully OG Anunoby grows into the stopper that we hope he can be.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                    Nobody can guard Lebron James.....That's the truth. Lebron is going to get his. I think the smarter plan is to contain the others.
                    I think Norm will do a better job than Carroll on most SF anyways.

Hopefully OG Anunoby grows into the stopper that we hope he can be.
                    Yep, I think this is the plan, short term and long term respectively.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                      when does training camp start?
                      Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Sept 26. First preseason game vs Clips on Oct 1.
                      Is it me or does camp seem to be more condensed this year than years past...Start time is roughly the same in late September...but season openers are mid October give ot take rather than Halloween...

CBA change?
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        Is it me or does camp seem to be more condensed this year than years past...Start time is roughly the same in late September...but season openers are mid October give ot take rather than Halloween...

CBA change?
                        Camp started on Sept 27th last year. First preseason game was Oct 1st.

Sept 29th in 2015. First preseason game was Oct 4.

Fewer # of preseason games so they can start the season earlier.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

CBA change?
                          Exactly that. Players wanted more rest throughout the season, as well as a longer offseason. Only feasible way to accomplish both.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

CBA change?
                            Funnily enough, it was not a CBA change. Just the NBA modifying its schedule within the limits already outlined in the CBA, to allow for more rest during the season.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Was thinking which team is in a better position to keep the ship afloat if they sustained a major injury to one of their top two players ?

The Cavs have Lebron and Love...thinking here that only if Lebron gets hurt do the Cavs miss a beat....and if it is Lebron that gets hurt ...it's not a beat they miss ...but the whole damn symphony.

The Raps have Kyle and Demar....Raps don't implode if DD goes down but it will be pretty tough if Kyle goes out. They have depth to throw into the breach but it's Kyle..it's a real "awww f*ck" situation.

The Wizards have Beal and Wall.....losing Wall would be as bad or worse than the Raps losing Kyle, losing Beal costs them less than the Raps losing DD. The Wiz have no bench so they are in tough if an injury occurs.

The Celtics have Irving and Hayward.....losing either puts the Chowderheads at risk. Without Hayward the Celtics have but one scoring option, Irving. Kyries history pre Lebron, is a 31 win season in his 3rd year. He is better than a 30 win season now but could he get to 50 wins on his own ? If Irving goes down the Celts are like the Raps and Wiz without their primary ball handler..in tough. The Celts may be in the toughest as they have few vets who could steady the ship.

Cleveland will be fine as long as it's not James in this hypothetical. Assuming it's not LBJ then to me it's the Wiz and Raps who could muddle through the best in this hypothetical and the Celts need to wrap Hayward and Irving in bubble wrap.

Thoughts ?
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

You make it seems like CJ is a better match up against LBJ/Giannis. Id rather have Norm guarding those guys that Miles.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X