No announcement yet.

Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm Woj said that Paul George told the Pacers he will leave next off season, likely for the Lakers. Any chance Masai trades for him now?

Thought process: nobody wants to trade for a one year rental, so the cost drops significantly. Assuming Masai wants to bring back Lowry and Ibaka (likely Tucker as well), Raps want to win now. That core would peak this season, no doubt in my mind. Raps can afford to trade some of their young assets for a superstar and go all in this year. George is a difference maker too, so maybe they click in the playoffs and run the table and get to the finals. At that point he may want to stay, if he leaves Raps are kind of screwed, in that they no longer have depth or much young talent. If Masai is planing on giving this core with Casey one more year this is the best possible roster for the raps.

Comment

• Add a pick for them taking Carroll.

Shore up the bench, get a big who can switch... Championship time. Or at least maybe we can beat Cleveland and hope the basketball gods smite Golden State.

Comment

• Norm Powell/JV/ Cojo for PG. Time to make up for letting both Carter/TMAC go. Deebo and PG on the wing would be crazy good. Compliment eachother perfectly.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Norm Powell/JV/ Cojo for PG. Time to make up for letting both Carter/TMAC go. Deebo and PG on the wing would be crazy good. Compliment eachother perfectly.

Yeah it would be and honestly you know they could make it work too... especially if they could keep ibaka and do it. MAN that team would make the finals.

Comment

Norm Powell/JV/ Cojo for PG. Time to make up for letting both Carter/TMAC go. Deebo and PG on the wing would be crazy good. Compliment eachother perfectly.

Not to be a debby downer, but if Paul George becomes available I'm pretty sure Boston makes an offer we could never match. They have too many assets at their disposal right now. The future looks bright in Bean Town

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
              Not to be a debby downer, but if Paul George becomes available I'm pretty sure Boston makes an offer we could never match. They have too many assets at their disposal right now. The future looks bright in Bean Town
              Boston is not willing to give up anything for a rental. They are more focused on Jimmy Butler. The market for PG is rather small right now. Only a few teams willing to take a chance at a PG rental. Teams like Cavs, Raps and Clippers.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Boston is not willing to give up anything for a rental. They are more focused on Jimmy Butler. The market for PG is rather small right now. Only a few teams willing to take a chance at a PG rental. Teams like Cavs, Raps and Clippers.

Just to add, sounds like Boston is after Anthony Davis, but same reasoning you suggested.

Difference between raps and the rest of the potential parties is Raps have all their picks and young talent at every position.

Comment

• I don't believe we have a chance at PG. I think Bird won't deal him because he will think he can resign him with a huge max contract, but if he were to trade him, we can assuredly offer a better package then the Clips or Cleveland. Who else would take a rental on him? Honestly I'd be down to empty the cupboards on a PG rental, gives us a shot at being the best we can be. Yah, it might hamstring us for a year or two, but then we can do a true rebuild. As long as we don't send really far off futures like the nets did I'm okay with depleting our assets for one year of PG basically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
                    I think boston is going after jimmy butler because of his contract. Much better asset to get but it costs more. Thats who they will target. They will trade crowder and smart to get butler if they have to or avery bradley and smart and a pick for butler then sign either blake or hayward.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      I don't believe we have a chance at PG. I think Bird won't deal him because he will think he can resign him with a huge max contract, but if he were to trade him, we can assuredly offer a better package then the Clips or Cleveland. Who else would take a rental on him? Honestly I'd be down to empty the cupboards on a PG rental, gives us a shot at being the best we can be. Yah, it might hamstring us for a year or two, but then we can do a true rebuild. As long as we don't send really far off futures like the nets did I'm okay with depleting our assets for one year of PG basically.

PG informed Bird/Pritchard that he will not resign with Pacers. They have to trade him.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Per Rotoworld

The Pacers are reportedly angling for two first-round picks and a starting-caliber player in any trade talks for Paul George.

Comment

• I'd offer JV, any non-Norm prospect and our 1st this year for George.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            I'd offer JV, any non-Norm prospect and our 1st this year for George.
                            1. Why would they want JV when they have Turner?
                            2. Only a Raps fan would make Powell off-limits in a trade for Paul George. I mean come on now.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                              I don't believe we have a chance at PG. I think Bird won't deal him because he will think he can resign him with a huge max contract, but if he were to trade him, we can assuredly offer a better package then the Clips or Cleveland. Who else would take a rental on him? Honestly I'd be down to empty the cupboards on a PG rental, gives us a shot at being the best we can be. Yah, it might hamstring us for a year or two, but then we can do a true rebuild. As long as we don't send really far off futures like the nets did I'm okay with depleting our assets for one year of PG basically.

Cleveland would have to dig deep into depleted cupboards to make it worth Indy's while. Like, they could do futures a la Brooklyn, as mentioned above, but do they really wanna get into that kind of situation long term? Maybe since now is the time for them they would but I doubt it. Would they unload Love? For a rental Paul George? JR? They have ZERO youth to ship off. And Clippers aren't set up any better. Besides Boston, who'll hopefully target a longer term Jimmy Butler, we could totally squeeze out the best youth package of these teams and I think from our "culture reset" and "rebuild" conversations, it makes a heck of a lot of sense to shoot for the moon this year, and if it fails, we truly start from scratch. Boston and Philly are clearly gonna be so good going forward. IMO, it makes a lot of sense to pull the trigger on something and make it happen. Go all the way OR burn it to the ground; or stay the.... course?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                1. Why would they want JV when they have Turner?
                                2. Only a Raps fan would make Powell off-limits in a trade for Paul George. I mean come on now.
                                He's a free agent to be. You never got all in on a free agent

Comment

Working...
                                X