• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now if you trade Derozan for Kyrie
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
      I don't think Kyrie that great of a fit for us. It's debatable whether he's a better talent then Lowry, but the fit definitely isn't there in my eyes. He's not that great of a playmaker, is ball-dominant, and scores mostly off isolations. Lowry can play off-ball to complement someone like Derozan. Not to mention Lowry can play great defense (when he wants to), but Kyrie can't.
      While I agree that Kyrie isn't a great fit, his age and playoffs performance makes him more valuable to have then Lowry who's health and playoff performance have dipped the last 3 seasons and at age 31 it isn't going to get better.

Having said that I wouldn't make that trade straight up either. Maybe if they give the option of swapping picks in the summer of 2019 with the Cavs it would be worth it .

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Irving is a MUCH better scorer. Also, unlike Lowry and DeRozan, Irving has a playoff gear. He actually elevates his output in the postseason. His 26 ppg this spring is better than any scoring DD and Lowry have managed in the playoffs. I think Lowry is very guardable given his size and (relative) lack of athleticism. Guys give you a bit more space in the regular season, but that evaporates in the playoffs. Irving can score more when that happens, Lowry scores a lot less.

But yeah, that's just scoring. I don't think Irving makes his team better at all. Lowry is a winner. I'd keep Lowry, but I wouldn't be too quick to knock what Irving can do.
        Irving gives us a true number one option. He can actually break down a defence.

I love Kyle Lowry but in terms of age and what Irving gives us I would swap them straight up every day of the week. Bird rights for Irving at 27 are still valuable, assuming you can tweak the roster around him.
        Last edited by Scraptor; Thu Jul 27, 2017, 04:08 AM.

Comment

• People are only interested in the points a player puts up individually not how well he helps the team as a whole on both sides of the ball. Kyrie doesn't make this team any better at all if you swap him for Lowry. In fact, we probably top out at 45 wins.

That's not to say Kyrie wouldn't absolutely kick Lowry's ass in a one on one pick up game; because for sure he would. But that's not what NBA basketball is all about.

Comment

• LOL too much saltiness from Raptors fans after witnessing Kyrie destroy Lowry, CoJo, and Delon Wright in the 2nd round!

Comment

• The big difference between Lowry and Irving is on the defensive end. In theory Irving who has 3 inches and is 6 years younger should be a better defender, but he isn't by a long shot. Kyle may not always give max effort but he's a smart team defender. Kyrie is far more often disinterested on the defensive end and gets lost there far too often. His effort does seem to ramp up in the playoffs, but he doesn't get any smarter.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Kyrie in terms of function is more comparable to DeRozan. Can handle ridiculously high usage and give you average-above average efficiency while pouring in a ton of points. However doesn't look too great in impact stats and there's a noticeable dropoff when he's on the floor alone without the team's top player.

I'd trade Lowry for Kyrie because of age, but if the goal is purely to do as well as possible next year then that wouldn't be a good trade. I'd rather pair a high impact player like Lowry with DeRozan than pair him with someone else who basically does the same things he does.

Comment

• I think Kyrie/Deebo would compliment each quite well. You would just have to surround them with +defenders. They would be able to handle all the scoring. Also Kyrie is going to get better can't say that about Lowry. Kyrie out plays Lowry when it matters.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• never mind.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      Kyrie in terms of function is more comparable to DeRozan. Can handle ridiculously high usage and give you average-above average efficiency while pouring in a ton of points. However doesn't look too great in impact stats and there's a noticeable dropoff when he's on the floor alone without the team's top player.

I'd trade Lowry for Kyrie because of age, but if the goal is purely to do as well as possible next year then that wouldn't be a good trade. I'd rather pair a high impact player like Lowry with DeRozan than pair him with someone else who basically does the same things he does.
                      The Cavaliers are 4-23 over the last three seasons when LeBron James doesn't play.

Comment

• Geez, guys, you do know that for all of Lowry's shooting struggles the past couple seasons in the playoffs, he's still been basically the only reason we've won any games at all (besides JV in the early portion of last year's playoffs)?

The Raptors' system is a death knell for guards in the playoffs because teams scheme for it and it's really freaking easy to scheme for. It's no coincidence that Lowry AND DeMar have struggled in the playoffs. We didn't just luck into two non-playoff performers. Let Lowry play off of LeBron and he'd look way better than Kyrie even in the playoffs. And in the meantime, while Lowry has struggled with all the traps and stuff that teams can throw his way with abandon because of the system the Raps use, he's still managed to carry this team on his back. Whenever he sits, the Raptors turn into a flaming pile of garbage instantly. Kyrie has never even dreamed of having that sort of impact on a team.

If you want to build a team that scores a bunch of points and loses more often than not, trading Lowry for Kyrie is the right move.

I really don't understand the youth argument for Kyrie - he'll be an UFA before Kyle is, and would bolt ASAP since his whole point is to get to run his own offence and that's tough to envision with DeRozan eating up a third of all possessions. It would be all about the next two years - and Kyrie would have to post an incredible improvement to actually help the team win more than Lowry does right now.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I actually think Irving is one the most overrated players in the league.

#1 draft pick after a whopping 8 game college career. Did shit all before LeBron arrived. Did shit all while LeBron sat. He only plays on one side of the court, but he hit a big shot over Curry in June 2016, so now he's a god.

Give me Paul, Wall, Conley over Kyrie.
                          Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Jul 27, 2017, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I actually think Irving is one the most overrated players in the league.

#1 draft pick after a whopping 8 game college career. Did shit all before LeBron arrived. Did shit all while LeBron sat. He only plays on one side of the court, but he hit a big shot over Curry in June 2016, so now he's a god.

Give me Paul, Wall, Conley over Kyrie.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              Ahahaha! Well played.

Comment

• I know it's out there in the media that Irving wants to leave the Cav's so he can be the man on his own team, but I think there is a lot more going on that what is being reported. He's actually a pretty smart player and I have a hard time believing that he isn't fully aware that he can't carry a team on his own.

As far as a trading Lowry for Kyrie, I'd be fine with it. I agree Lowry gives us more in terms of an overall game and winning now, but we've reached that ceiling already. I'd like to see how we do in the playoffs with a new look. Kyrie is much better in those one on one situations which playoff defences tend to force. He's much more creative with the ball, and hopefully that can translate to getting others involved. Yeah, I'm advocating change for the sake of change, but this look has gotten stale. We aren't playing for anything this season or in the immediate future so I'd be okay with getting younger and taking a chance. At worst he is a better asset to trade than the older Lowry.

Comment

Working...
                                X