X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or worm your way in there to grab Teletovic:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Any chance we could give up JV and get ryan anderson in this deal?

Comment

• Any trade that sends JV out better get you back a vet PF/C that can help anchor the D. Last year we started the year with JV and the kids, and that spiralled out of control soon enough. Now it will be an undersized C in Ibaka with still young, inexperienced bigs. Anderson seems to be so injury prone I wouldn't trust him to be a significant help on D.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I agree - I think if they move away from JV at C they want to chase the Ibaka at C golden goose, and have floor spacers at both big positions.
          K. Love would be the perfect fit. Helps on the boards, spaces floor, and if I'm not mistaken was pretty good defensively for the Cav's last season. Not sure what the numbers say though.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
            Any chance we could give up JV and get ryan anderson in this deal?
            yes, but the catch is we would get Ryan Anderson

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
              yes, but the catch is we would get Ryan Anderson
              A player that we would use properly on offense. Neither of them are great or terrible on defense.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Spurs still don't have a starting Center....

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                If the Raps send JV packing...an already undersized front court is a little smaller again....where is the rebounding going to come from? Especially on the offensive end..

Bebe ? 😃
                Serge ?
                Pascal?
                Jakob over time but he may still not strong enough this season?
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  If the Raps send JV packing...an already undersized front court is a little smaller again....where is the rebounding going to come from? Especially on the offensive end..

Bebe ? 😃
                  Serge ?
                  Pascal?
                  Jakob over time but he may still not strong enough this season?
                  Yak is already good on the offensive glass.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• My 4 team Melo trade:
                    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8gm4szv

JV, Portis, and Houston pick goes to NY
                    Anderson goes to Chicago
                    Ariza goes to Toronto
                    Melo goes to Houston

Raptors cut about $8M in salary and get an expiring who can be our 3/4 vet shooter. Bulls have cap space to take Anderson in exchange for Portis. NY gets younger. Houston gets Melo.

Downside is we lose rebounding. Although Ariza can get you 5-6 boards a game.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Yak is already good on the offensive glass.

And if yak gets hurt or perhaps isn't strong enough...then what?
                      FWIW..think JV is here for a while longer...hoping his stay is worthwhile for him and fellow Mesozoic era teammates
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jul 12, 2017, 01:18 PM.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        If Toronto is involved in that 4 team Melo trade I would hope it's Ariza coming back to Toronto and not Anderson. I can't see Masai willing to give that guy $60M over 3 years.
                        FWIW Chris Paul and Ariza are said to be close and he was part of Paul's decision to go to Houston.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          My 4 team Melo trade:
                          http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8gm4szv

JV, Portis, and Houston pick goes to NY
                          Anderson goes to Chicago
                          Ariza goes to Toronto
                          Melo goes to Houston

Raptors cut about $8M in salary and get an expiring who can be our 3/4 vet shooter. Bulls have cap space to take Anderson in exchange for Portis. NY gets younger. Houston gets Melo.

Downside is we lose rebounding. Although Ariza can get you 5-6 boards a game.
                          I'd be kind of sad to lose JV to a 1 year Ariza rental although it does make us better this year. However he's getting old and we want to resign Norm so Ariza would likely move on after this season.

Reason I don't see this happening is NY has Noah,O'Quinn and Hernangomez at C already ... not sure why they'd want to add another one at 15 million per. I think JV would have to go to another team in the trade.

Comment

• rapaholic wrote: View Post
                            I'd be kind of sad to lose JV to a 1 year Ariza rental although it does make us better this year. However he's getting old and we want to resign Norm so Ariza would likely move on after this season.

Reason I don't see this happening is NY has Noah,O'Quinn and Hernangomez at C already ... not sure why they'd want to add another one at 15 million per. I think JV would have to go to another team in the trade.
                            And why would Chicago do it? I know they've done a bunch of questionable things but trading a 2nd yr player for someone who makes roughly twice as much as they're willing to pay Mirotic makes no sense - even for them.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• If the Raptors are going all in on this core, Norm could be the centre piece in a trade. He's a SG that is never going to start over DD unless the team blows it up. He's not going to accept being a back up. Might be in everyone's best interest to move him. I don't see a trade happening prior to the start of the season, but perhaps mid season?

Comment

• Here is my 4 team trade I think makes sense for all teams:

Toronto gets: Ryan Anderson
                                Houston gets: Carmelo Anthony
                                New York gets: Lamarcus Aldridge, Trevor Ariza
                                San Antonio gets: JV, Bebe

I don't know if Ryan Anderson for JV really makes us much better though. Would definately be a huge change with Ryan Anderson and Serge being our starting frontcourt. We could shoot 3's from every position except SG LOL.
                                Last edited by rapaholic; Wed Jul 12, 2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X