Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Eh am i crazy for thinking Kyrie is like Melo or Demar? In that by themselves will never be the best player on a contender, but really good at scoring and if you properly design a team around them they could be deadly, and they aren't great "Robins". I don't even mean that as a bad thing, I just think that these guys have a skillset fit for leading a middle of the pack playoff team tailored around them. All flawed players, not much defense, not great playmakers but fantastic scorers. Am I crazy to think that if Melo wanted to stay in Denver with Masai his career would have ended up much better?
    Funny, this came out a few days ago on Nylon Calculus where players were separated into 10 types. Type 5:

Offensively Skewed Playmakers (or Defensively Liable if you are pessimistic)
    DeMar Derozan, Kyrie Irving, Carmelo Anthony, etc.
    http://fansided.com/2017/07/24/nba-3...ockets-lebron/
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Comment

• Kyrie is like Melo/DeMar. Although I think he's quite a bit better than both.

I'd still trade Lowry for him. Team would still be hovering around 50 wins with no chance of beating Cleveland, but it's a lot younger with more options going forward.

If the plan is to "go young" as Masai says, then let's really go young and get a younger crop of stars in here.

Obviously Cleveland wouldn't actually offer Kyrie for Lowry though and it couldn't be done till December even if they did.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          Kyrie is like Melo/DeMar. Although I think he's quite a bit better than both.

I'd still trade Lowry for him. Team would still be hovering around 50 wins with no chance of beating Cleveland, but it's a lot younger with more options going forward.

If the plan is to "go young" as Masai says, then let's really go young and get a younger crop of stars in here.
          I'm 100% certain that when Masai says to go young, the implication is young, cheap and controllable. It's kind of the whole point of going young.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I'm 100% certain that when Masai says to go young, the implication is young, cheap and controllable. It's kind of the whole point of going young.
            I don't really care what you're certain of. I care about the best moves for the team.

Rejecting a Kyrie for Kyle offer would be insanity unless Irving makes it clear he does not want to be here.

Comment

I don't really care what you're certain of. I care about the best moves for the team.

Rejecting a Kyrie for Kyle offer would be insanity unless Irving makes it clear he does not want to be here.
              I'm still not clear on why not trading the better player for a worse player would be insanity, but alright.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                Eh am i crazy for thinking Kyrie is like Melo or Demar? In that by themselves will never be the best player on a contender, but really good at scoring and if you properly design a team around them they could be deadly, and they aren't great "Robins". I don't even mean that as a bad thing, I just think that these guys have a skillset fit for leading a middle of the pack playoff team tailored around them. All flawed players, not much defense, not great playmakers but fantastic scorers. Am I crazy to think that if Melo wanted to stay in Denver with Masai his career would have ended up much better?
                Nice post.

Comment

I'm still not clear on why not trading the better player for a worse player would be insanity, but alright.
                  Because there's a 6 year age gap, and Lowry doesn't elevate us to anywhere near championship contention.

If this was a 31 y/o Curry we were talking about I'd reject that offer but it isn't. Not only is he not a championship caliber player in the regular season, but his game also drops off significantly in the playoffs.

Comment

• Fuck I hope he gets traded soon.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Some serious homerism going on here. The fact that people would actually reject a trade of a 25 year old who's averaged roughly 28-5-5 on nearly 50/40/90 in 2 finals trips for a 31 year old who scored 14ppg and shot 28% from 3 against Malcolm Brogdon in the first round is so insane.

Comment

Some serious homerism going on here. The fact that people would actually reject a trade of a 25 year old who's averaged roughly 28-5-5 on nearly 50/40/90 in 2 finals trips for a 31 year old who scored 14ppg and shot 28% from 3 against Malcolm Brogdon in the first round is so insane.
                        Fair point. Kyle did seem to have a much, much easier time scoring in the second round.
                        Last edited by Mess; Fri Jul 28, 2017, 09:07 AM.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Were the playoff ratings for Kyle without DD and Kyrie without Lebron posted already?
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Were the playoff ratings for Kyle without DD and Kyrie without Lebron posted already?
                            Probably. But just for posterity's sake:

Lowry without DeRozan, 2017 playoffs: +8.6 net rating
                            Kyrie without LeBron, 2017 playoffs: -18.9 net rating

Wee!
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Probably. But just for posterity's sake:

Lowry without DeRozan, 2017 playoffs: +8.6 net rating
                              Kyrie without LeBron, 2017 playoffs: -18.9 net rating

Wee!
                              lol

What's even crazier is that for the Cavs 3/4 of the playoffs is a creampuff schedule, they don't even run into a challenge until the 4th round.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Damn what if Irving ended up in Boston, hard to imagine those two teams trading:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...iers-value-him
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X