Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Still they will have a better ball movement then the Raptors XD.

Comment

• I wonder if Melo is willing to play 3rd fiddle to PG and Westbrook at this stage of his career? OKC should be entertaining to watch though this year!

Comment

• I'm a little confused how the trade helps the Knicks. A 2nd round pick, Kanter only plays on one half of the court and he plays the same spot as their star player, and McBuckets hasn't shown anything. How is this better than what Houston offered? They still have that Joakim contract too. What am I missing here?

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          I'm a little confused how the trade helps the Knicks. A 2nd round pick, Kanter only plays on one half of the court and he plays the same spot as their star player, and McBuckets hasn't shown anything. How is this better than what Houston offered? They still have that Joakim contract too. What am I missing here?
          You're not missing anything it was a really bad trade.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            You're not missing anything it was a really bad trade.
            This is a highly redundant statement. The poster already mentioned it was a trade involving the Knocks. :-)

Comment

• So many loaded teams out west. But hey we got Andy Rautins.

Comment

• So Patterson may never start lmao
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  So Patterson may never start lmao
                  Even if he does start, he'll be lucky to get 2 shots per game.

Comment

I'm a little confused how the trade helps the Knicks. A 2nd round pick, Kanter only plays on one half of the court and he plays the same spot as their star player, and McBuckets hasn't shown anything. How is this better than what Houston offered? They still have that Joakim contract too. What am I missing here?
                    Kanter makes 17M$ for two more years where Anderson is at 21M$ for 3 years.
                    Houston didn't seem to have a younger guy like McBuckets to put into the deal and the Knicks do get a pick somewhere between 31 and 35. Not great but not bad for a 33 year old guy whose knees are bad and whose best days are behind him.

The Thunder who are pushing all their chips in on a bid to win right now just took on a 26M$ third option behind Westbrook and George. It's a marquee third option for sure...but wow..that's one damn expensive third option. The Thunder also are going to pay luxury tax of 27 M$ on top of that. Anthony can also opt out at the end of this year.

OKC will see if it's worth it if they are playing in June and Westbrook and George stay on in OkeCity
                    The Knicks do OK as they move on from Anthony and get a young player and a pick to continue the build around Porzingis.

Knicks Get a B...Thunder get a B as well.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      Kanter makes 17M$ for two more years where Anderson is at 21M$ for 3 years.
                      Houston didn't seem to have a younger guy like McBuckets to put into the deal and the Knicks do get a pick somewhere between 31 and 35. Not great but not bad for a 33 year old guy whose knees are bad and whose best days are behind him.

The Thunder who are pushing all their chips in on a bid to win right now just took on a 26M$ third option behind Westbrook and George. It's a marquee third option for sure...but wow..that's one damn expensive third option. The Thunder also are going to pay luxury tax of 27 M$ on top of that. Anthony can also opt out at the end of this year.

OKC will see if it's worth it if they are playing in June and Westbrook and George stay on in OkeCity
                      The Knicks do OK as they move on from Anthony and get a young player and a pick to continue the build around Porzingis.

Knicks Get a B...Thunder get a B as well.
                      I respectfully disagree. Every point you make is correct. However, if the Knicks want to keep their star they can't wait that long to build their team. They're also one of the most valuable teams in the league. Money shouldn't be the issue. Building a team around Porzingis should be the only goal.

That said, what type of players should surround him?

Personally, I would want a dynamic point guard who could play a strong two man game.

I would want a big who could stretch the floor by camping in the corner. Finally, I would want wings who could either stretch the floor or defend multiple positions.

Yes, Anderson is older, but he would create space for Porzingis to post up, or run the pick and roll/ pick and pop sets. Hardaway would have an outlet pass when his drives failed. I would rather have a vet who fits and draft picks over a player who doesn't fit, a player whose shown nothing and a 2nd rounder. The best player on the NY side of the trade might be the 2nd rounder!

It's not like McBuckets, or Kanter are dramatically better defenders. You know what you get with Anderson. He probably would be their 3rd or 4th top scorer. There's no guarantee Kanter or McBuckets can do that. Meanwhile, hoodie Carmelo is significantly better than "get off my lawn if you won't play the triangle" Jackson would have people believe. Don't get me wrong, the team would still suck if they took the Houston trade. But they would at least be a fun offensive team with Porzingis, Hardaway and Anderson in the corner + the promise of future 1st round picks. What are they selling now? Porzingis, Hardaway and ...Beasley? Willy? ...the broken husk of Yannick Noah's son?

The Knicks lineup doesn't make sense, and by saving money it's going to take longer for their lineup too be watchable.

Comment

I respectfully disagree. Every point you make is correct. However, if the Knicks want to keep their star they can't wait that long to build their team. They're also one of the most valuable teams in the league. Money shouldn't be the issue. Building a team around Porzingis should be the only goal.

Personally, I would want a dynamic point guard who could play a strong two man game.

I would want a big who could stretch the floor by camping in the corner. Finally, I would want wings who could either stretch the floor or defend multiple positions.

Yes, Anderson is older, but he would create space for Porzingis to post up, or run the pick and roll/ pick and pop sets. Hardaway would have an outlet pass when his drives failed. I would rather have a vet who fits and draft picks over a player who doesn't fit, a player whose shown nothing and a 2nd rounder. The best player on the NY side of the trade might be the 2nd rounder!

It's not like McBuckets, or Kanter are dramatically better defenders. You know what you get with Anderson. He probably would be their 3rd or 4th top scorer. There's no guarantee Kanter or McBuckets can do that. Meanwhile, hoodie Carmelo is significantly better than "get off my lawn if you won't play the triangle" Jackson would have people believe. Don't get me wrong, the team would still suck if they took the Houston trade. But they would at least be a fun offensive team with Porzingis, Hardaway and Anderson in the corner + the promise of future 1st round picks. What are they selling now? Porzingis, Hardaway and ...Beasley? Willy? ...the broken husk of Yannick Noah's son?

The Knicks lineup doesn't make sense, and by saving money it's going to take longer for their lineup too be watchable.
                        They have 6-7 years to build around Porzingis. He's not going to take the qualifying offer with his size and injury-history/risk.

Melo was unhappy and a distraction. Knicks fans probably hoped for a little more from dealing Melo, but with that no-trade clause their options were limited. So it's addition by subtraction. By moving him and forcing the ball into Porzingis's hands, you accelerate his development by letting him work through mistakes. You also get more opportunities to see what Ntilikina and Hernangomez can give you. Those three are the only pieces that really matter long-term.

Now they tank in earnest and start adding pieces through the draft. It doesn't matter that they aren't watchable, the Garden will fill up even if they suck. But at least they are sucking with the long-term future in mind.

Getting a piece like Porzingis is the hardest part of building an NBA team imo. The Knicks are in good shape now, as long as his health holds up and he can reach his sky-high ceiling.

Comment

I really do think that they want Kanter to help rebound though... anderson doesn't rebound. The idea is for Porzingis to play stretch 5

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=483418

how will the new continuation rules affect lowry, and demar?
                            They'll have an effect on every top tier guard I'd say. IT, CP3 more than others.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I like your points... and for sure the Knicks are not better defensively than they were pre trade...But the Knicks over the past decade and especially with Phil "get off my lawn" Jackson have dug themselves a hole so deep they have to reach up to touch bottom. This trade is a start over trade. Just moving on from Melo gets them to a C grade.

You have to start somewhere and for the first time in a long time the Knicks have in a trade received a pick instead of sending one out AND they got younger players in exchange for older ones. Its a good start. Anderson would be fun but he is older(29) and the Knicks are looking out 3 years from now when Ryan would be past his best years. Houston couldn't send them a first rounder till 2020 and thats just a bit to far out for the Porzingis time line.

The French kid.. Frank Ntilikina may be the dynamic guard the Knicks haven't had.. since.. well .....forever. Maybe he is not but at least he is young and has promise.

They have a really unbalanced and lets face it, lousy roster courtesy of that idiot the Zen Master. Noah is a buyout waiting to happen.

For the first time in a long time the Knicks have all their first rounders going forward and look to be prepared to build through the draft for a change. So they are selling stable vision and futures. Which the fan base may see as a better path than the craziness of buying past it stars (Stoudamire, Rose, Noah) in attempts to win now.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Sep 24, 2017, 03:17 PM.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                For the first time in a long time the Knicks have all their first rounders going forward and look to be prepared to build through the draft for a change. So they are selling stable vision and futures. Which the fan base may see as a better path than the craziness of buying past it stars (Stoudamire, Rose, Noah) in attempts to win now.
                                Nah Knicks will always Knicks. As soon as they start to be a little bit better they will sale the farm and go back to their old ways. Dolan is impatient owner surrounded by yes men, they ain't going to wait 4 or 5 years but will take shortcuts by throwing big money at free agents. The recent contracts given to Ron Baker and Hardaway Jr, seem like a bad start.

Comment

Working...
                                X