• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    woj bombs
    got more for you lol

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      got more for you lol

Welcome aboard!
      Last edited by Mess; Fri Sep 8, 2017, 10:35 PM.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        A difference of 3.5% (Irving vs Jack) in TS% is significant, but more importantly, it's on volume. Heavy usage is going to mean decreased efficiency when other teams are keying on you and you have limited options beside you. If you think Deng would have made the all star team on 14/5 and 41.7% shooting for a team that was 15-25 I'm not sure what to tell you.

I am not saying Kyrie was an amazing two-way superstar at that point in time, but people using his early years to say he doesn't contribute to winning is just really myopic. It's like looking at DeMar's third season and saying welp, that's who he is.

Sure but when Irving himself wasn't very efficient, it's hard to really try and point blame elsewhere.

Deng was averaging 19 points, 7 rebounds and just under 4 assists a night on 45.7% shooting for the Bulls before the trade. He made the AS team with less in all of those categories just the year before. So yeah, he was probably on his way to another appearance.

Which goes to my original point towards Shaolin; the Cavs were absolutely NOT trying to tank that season. They traded multiple picks and players midseason to acquire two players that they felt would compliment Kyrie and give him the help that he needed.

Which goes to my next point of why I stopped having such fascination for Kyrie. The Cavs GM made plenty of risks to try and get him help meanwhile Lowry was able to lead a team that was (by our own GM's accord) actually TRYING to tank. It completely changed the way I viewed the two players.

DeMar in his 3rd season wasn't a winner, and you wouldn't be "myopic" to make a prediction that in his 4th the trend wouldn't just abruptly end. You would end up being completely wrong but it would be a fair prediction, not knowing he would transform into a very different player. Kyrie hasn't shown that he has changed who he is or how he plays. That's why plenty of critics are still on his ass until he DOES show that he is different.

Anyway, this is going to be a very good NBA season. Cannot wait.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Yeah baby!! time to retire #15! GOAT!
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Yeah baby!! time to retire #15! GOAT!
              Yep.

Comment

• Maybe were working on a deal with the Kings for Vince?
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  Maybe were working on a deal with the Kings for Vince?
                  Didn't he just sign there though?
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                    Didn't he just sign there though?
                    It's either:
                    a) a reference to the Vince doc at TIFF today
                    b) a future jersey retirement
                    c) a one-day contract to end his career here
                    d) Vince is buying a condo next to Bruno and OG so we can have a funny reality show

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Yep.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Just in time to trade away our picks to dump Carroll.

I'm teasing (kinda but not really) but it is good to add some with that kind of extensive knowledge of college basketball just would have been a bit more exciting if we actually had any picks next year or if we had been in a rebuild. Either way though obviously doesn't hurt to add great personnel.
                        Last edited by JamesNaismith; Sat Sep 9, 2017, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• If you're into basketball podcasts Zac Lowe is a guest on Woj's podcast today. A good listen. Two of my fave's together on one podcast.

Comment

• Is there any chance we could go after DWade for MLE?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              Is there any chance we could go after DWade for MLE?
                              Why would he want to come here?
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                Is there any chance we could go after DWade for MLE?
                                Don't think we have the MLE left, we spent it on Miles.

Comment

Working...
                                X