Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mess wrote: View Post
    So less drama/excitement/strategy for a shorter gametime, more turnovers and crazy, mostly unmakeable shots? I disagree.
    Nooooooo, the opposite of most of your objections would be true. More drama and excitement when it doesn't take 12-15 minutes to play the last 120 seconds of a game with 4-6 commercial breaks. Good teams don't turn over the ball, but everybody can intentionally foul and call timeouts, leading to a bevvy of game interruptions at what should be its most exciting point. And unmakeable shots come against set defences, not during regular uninterrupted play. How about the last 2 minutes of the game play out like the first 46? The end of a tight game should be the peak of flow + excitement, in the NBA it's the opposite. Coaches love the current format, I don't know why fans would defend it.
    Last edited by S.R.; Wed Jul 12, 2017, 05:29 PM.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
      So less drama/excitement/strategy for a shorter gametime, more turnovers and crazy, mostly unmakeable shots? I disagree.
      I disagree. There would be way more drama and excitement with no live timeouts, particularly at EOG. Action would be more constant. Players would be under more stress and pressure having to execute on the fly. Skill and preparation (including tactical preparation) would be even more important if players didn't have the chance to give up mid-play. The live ball timeout is one of the reasons the end of NBA games are not only interminable but often poor entertainment filled up with beer commercials, silly sideline reports and mascots rather than, you know, basketball.

If I was king for a day (of the NBA), I would ban timeouts altogether but, that being unrealistic because of advertising, I will keep my dream of banning live ball timeouts alive.

Comment

• Comment

• I'm dead... lmao

Comment

• Jonas Jerebko Is going to the Jazz. He was someone I was hoping the Raptors would get.

Comment

• I think we are getting Luc Mbau a Moute since he has connection with Ujiri, not a bad defender who can guard the 2-3-4 position. He would be a decent backup SF behind Miles but will hinder Caboclo and Anuoby's growth.

Comment

• xRevise wrote: View Post

I'm dead... lmao

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Bang on. That's going to be Durant's legacy. I don't care how many championships he win. He's a guy who decided to sign dominant team so he can get his rings. #FakeRings
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Bang on. That's going to be Durant's legacy. I don't care how many championships he win. He's a guy who decided to sign dominant team so he can get his rings. #FakeRings
                    Agreed. Changed the game settings from 'all star' to 'rookie' difficulty, then acted like he earned his wins. Best analogy I can make lol
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Agreed. Changed the game settings from 'all star' to 'rookie' difficulty, then acted like he earned his wins. Best analogy I can make lol
                      Lol!!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Killasova signed with Hawks
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Wobblez wrote: View Post
                          Jonas Jerebko Is going to the Jazz. He was someone I was hoping the Raptors would get.
                          Slim pickings out there now. Not much beyond Jamychal Green or Mbah a Moute.

Unless JV is moved doubt much will happen the rest of the summer.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                            I think we are getting Luc Mbau a Moute since he has connection with Ujiri, not a bad defender who can guard the 2-3-4 position. He would be a decent backup SF behind Miles but will hinder Caboclo and Anuoby's growth.
                            I only think it will hinder Caboclos growth

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                              I only think it will hinder Caboclos growth
                              What growth?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                What growth?
                                Come on, lets not pretend like he hasnt been showing improvement throughout his D-League career.

Comment

Working...
                                X