Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mess wrote: View Post
    I would imagine in that case Chicago would have to essentially cut bait on Zach Lavine, who is due for a new contract next summer too. (and Wade too I guess but meh, I don't think that would be a tough decision). Unless they play him at the 3 where they seem to only have Zipser. But trying to logically guess what Chicago will do is almost impossible. And they haven't resigned Mirotic yet. He could potentially eat up some cap space though by the way it's going it likely won't be for much, or he may not be around for more than next season.

Won't Philly have money too? Doubt they sign Reddick for multiple years after this one. Granted their payroll will be silly in 3 seasons or so.
    Philly will have space, but Embiid will probably get a max contract (or close to one).. and that might make them shy to overspend on other guys (although BC is there now so who knows).

Atlanta has Prince which might keep them away from Powell.

Still would prefer to lock up Powell and avoid desperate teams in signing him away.

Comment

• The Warriors just signed a player named Cleveland. True story lol.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        I think two things emerged last year: DeMar has developed into a player good enough to be the focal point of a winning team (not just producing empty offence) and the supporting cast was the strongest in a long time, maybe in franchise history.
        we also had a lighter schedule after all star break.

Comment

• With regards to whether or not you trade for Kyrie if given the chance... .Yeah you do it. He is younger than Kyle. He can develop his defence. If we are looking just for this next year... Kyle is a more complete player, yes. I would still trade for Kyrie. That said I don't really understand that Dan H and Shaolin are arguing about. I think you guys are talking over eachother but making the same points.

Kyrie has a way higher ceiling.

I would argue we are currently top 3 maybe top 2 in the east regular season as currently constructed.

If you got Kyrie for Kyle.... I think we remain that but I do think from an offensive standpoint it does help you get a lot better in the playoffs. The guy doesn't shy away from big moments at all and can produce.

Addressing the issue from CLE standpoint. Ummm I don't know. I would at least seriously consider trading Kyrie now. There is a strong chance Lebron doesn't stay. If he does... Kyrie won't stay after. So assuming you didn't have Dan Gilbert as your owner yeah you have to at least consider trading him for either a similar player plus picks.... like Bledisoe and filler or other things. Bottom line after Lebron leaves this team they will be in trouble because they don't have a lot of good picks and they have a lot of bad salary that will last for a number of years.

To act all high and mighty and assume you wouldn't even consider trading Kyrie is silly. Trading for Kyle (assuming salary wasn't even the issue) would also be worth it. If it keeps Lebron happy and then why not. Honestly, if you put Kyle on the Cavs right now. I think the Cavs are much better defensively.

If you look at where we struggled last season in the post season it was on offense not on defence. Kyrie would help with that. We had a lot of open looks that were missed by role players in both the Bucks and Cavs series.

Comment

• If Lonzo Ball was playing for the Raptors or let's say Timberwolves, New Orleans.....would he get this much attention?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Irving or Lowry.....

A Maserati or a Porsche ..
              Mercedes or BMW...
              The beach or the slopes...

All comes down to personal preference...both are really effin good

FWIW..I think Irving is ticketed west ...to Phoenix
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                If Lonzo Ball was playing for the Raptors or let's say Timberwolves, New Orleans.....would he get this much attention?
                Yes - because his dad is his hype-man

Imagine how much more attention Dennis Smith Jr. would get if he was playing in one of the NY/LA markets

Comment

• The Knicks btw had a chance to draft DSJ but passed on him lol.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      The Knicks btw had a chance to draft DSJ but passed on him lol.
                      They passed on him for the best perimeter defender in the draft. Either DSJ or Frankie was a smart choice.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I actually think Irving is one the most overrated players in the league.

#1 draft pick after a whopping 8 game college career. Did shit all before LeBron arrived. Did shit all while LeBron sat. He only plays on one side of the court, but he hit a big shot over Curry in June 2016, so now he's a god.

Give me Paul, Wall, Conley over Kyrie.
                        I dont know what you are talking about.
                        Kyrie is an excellent player. Heck he lead Cavs to 2 straight No 1 picks & will likely do so again with most teams he gets traded to (especially is he is No 1 option).
                        Do names like TMac, Melo, C Bosh, Westbrook (even Pippen) ring a bell?
                        Put up excellent individual stats (not Pippen) while being No 1 option. Their teams missed playoff (or barely made them).
                        Pippens Bulls actually made playoff (far from No 1 seed), but he did not look at great with them (nor w Portland & Houston).
                        Kyrie is too arrogant (or stupid) to realize that he is nothing more than a perfect Robin (to James).
                        And yest, I too would take Wall, Paul, Conley over Irving in a heart beat.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                          Kyrie is an excellent player. Heck he lead Cavs to 2 straight No 1 picks & will likely do so again with most teams he gets traded to (especially is he is No 1 option).
                          Put up excellent individual stats (not Pippen) while being No 1 option. Their teams missed playoff (or barely made them).
                          Pippens Bulls actually made playoff (far from No 1 seed), but he did not look at great with them (nor w Portland & Houston).
                          Kyrie is too arrogant (or stupid) to realize that he is nothing more than a perfect Robin (to James).
                          Hey, get that anti-Pippen shit outta here!!!

http://www.nba.com/bulls/history/pip...ordan-1993-94/

Bulls won 55 games and Pippen was 1st Team All NBA and 1st Team Defence. Hardly "not look that great" material.

Meanwhile the Cavs without Lebron lose like 75% of their games.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                            Eh am i crazy for thinking Kyrie is like Melo or Demar? In that by themselves will never be the best player on a contender, but really good at scoring and if you properly design a team around them they could be deadly, and they aren't great "Robins". I don't even mean that as a bad thing, I just think that these guys have a skillset fit for leading a middle of the pack playoff team tailored around them. All flawed players, not much defense, not great playmakers but fantastic scorers. Am I crazy to think that if Melo wanted to stay in Denver with Masai his career would have ended up much better?

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              They passed on him for the best perimeter defender in the draft. Either DSJ or Frankie was a smart choice.
                              I don't think it's a smart choice at all. DSJ reminds me a lot of a young Derrick Rose.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                                we also had a lighter schedule after all star break.
                                The lightest part of our schedule was actually the month before the all-star break... that stretch where we lost to Philly, Charlotte, Phoenix, Memphis, Orlando (twice), Minnesota, Chicago and Detroit (plus a few more losses to respectable teams)... we also played Brooklyn three times over that stretch. And we had almost everyone available (except for missing Patterson for some but not all of those losses). That was about as cream-puff a month as you can get in the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X