Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magoon wrote: View Post
    assuming that DeMarre and Jonas can be traded away for nothing coming back (which is doubtful, but if anybody can do it, Masai can):

resign Kyle at 30
    resign Ibaka at 20
    resign Tucker at 11
    draft John Collins (or Ike Anigbogu or Justin Patton)
    sign one of the following with mid-level exemption at 6: Jonas Jerebko, Amir Johnson, Thomas Robinson, Brandon Bass
    sign Vince Carter at 3 with bi-annual exemption

Kyle (30) / Cory (7.6) / VanVleet (1.3)
    Demar (27.7) / Norman (1.4) / Delon (1.6)
    Tucker (11) / Carter (3) / Bruno (2.4)
    Jerebko (6) / Siakam (1.3) / Collins (1.4)
    Ibaka (20) / Bebe (2.9) / Poeltl (2.8)
    That four spot is absolutely atrocious and who in their right mind would trade JV away and expect nothing in return? He's a solid big man who could net a valuable piece or two

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      That four spot is absolutely atrocious and who in their right mind would trade JV away and expect nothing in return? He's a solid big man who could net a valuable piece or two
      Yeah that makes zero sense to me..trade Jonas for nothing lol
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Yeah that makes zero sense to me..trade Jonas for nothing lol
        I mean I have seen several people say they want to dump his salary for nothing. Maybe they assume you get back a future pick or something, but people literally just want to get rid of him for cap space.

EDIT: I bet JV's contract looks better than Ibakas at the end of next year. Maybe people forget how much mediocre centers went for last summer idk.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          I mean I have seen several people say they want to dump his salary for nothing. Maybe they assume you get back a future pick or something, but people literally just want to get rid of him for cap space.
          To be fair, cap space is what the team needs if they are going to be able to re-sign their free agents without getting ravaged by the tax.

Still, I'd rather move Carroll with the 23rd pick than JV alone, if the return is going to be essentially nothing.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            To be fair, cap space is what the team needs if they are going to be able to re-sign their free agents without getting ravaged by the tax.

Still, I'd rather move Carroll with the 23rd pick than JV alone, if the return is going to be essentially nothing.
            Yes that is true, and cap space is an asset, but trading JV for nothing to sign Ibaka as the starting center for 4 years 80+ million is a risky move to say the least.

Comment

What are the rules on waiving or buying out Carroll like what Dallas did with Bogut and Williams?

Comment

• Will resign Lowry be good enough for the 76ers to take Lowry's salary for Covington, Henderson, and their first round pick this year and two second round drafts. Masaii should try fleecing Colangelo, at least for Lowry's sake, can't let him walk for nothing.

Then we draft DeAaron Fox, Dennis Smith, or Frank Ntilikina and mold them to be our future starting PG and draft OG Anuoby and Caleb Swanigan with the second round pick.

Then we can package DeMarre Carroll + JV + 2017 1st round pick for Hayward and Favors

Resign Ibaka and Tucker, let PP walk, waive Nogueira

2017-18 lineups
                Joseph/Top PG/Delon
                DeRozan/Powell/Henderson
                Hayward/Covington/Anuoby
                Ibaka/Tucker/Siakam
                Favors/Poeltl/Swanigan

Comment

• Tenforthewin is having a field day with how the season went down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                    Tenforthewin is having a field day with how the season went down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Utah is trading us their franchise player (plus favors) for jv and carroll man!

Comment

• Trade Carroll and JV for Lebron and Channing Frye put Delon Wright as a sweetener if you have to.

who says no?
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Trade Carroll and JV for Lebron and Channing Frye put Delon Wright as a sweetener if you have to.

who says no?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          What are the rules on waiving or buying out Carroll like what Dallas did with Bogut and Williams?
                          If we buy out Carroll (buying out and waiving is basically the same thing), we have two options. The first is to leave his cap hit sitting on the cap exactly as is. Obviously not the idea. The second is to stretch his cap hit. The stretch provision allows teams to spread a player's cap hit over twice the length of his contract, plus one year. So, since Carroll has two years left, his $30.2M would be spread out over 5 years, meaning a $6.04M per year cap hit. It would save us $8.76M in cap room this summer, but leave him on the books until June 2022.

If you consider the alternative to be trading a 1st with him, but don't like trading 1st rounders because they are cheap labor, then keeping the 1st and using the stretch provision instead would mean that essentially that 1st rounder is not getting paid 2-3 M per year, but close to 10M per year instead (attributing that stretched cap hit to the 1st rounder). Kind of a lose-lose. Except in the short term, finding a way to trade Carroll clears 15M, not 8M and change, from the cap the next two seasons.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If we buy out Carroll (buying out and waiving is basically the same thing), we have two options. The first is to leave his cap hit sitting on the cap exactly as is. Obviously not the idea. The second is to stretch his cap hit. The stretch provision allows teams to spread a player's cap hit over twice the length of his contract, plus one year. So, since Carroll has two years left, his $30.2M would be spread out over 5 years, meaning a $6.04M per year cap hit. It would save us $8.76M in cap room this summer, but leave him on the books until June 2022.

If you consider the alternative to be trading a 1st with him, but don't like trading 1st rounders because they are cheap labor, then keeping the 1st and using the stretch provision instead would mean that essentially that 1st rounder is not getting paid 2-3 M per year, but close to 10M per year instead (attributing that stretched cap hit to the 1st rounder). Kind of a lose-lose. Except in the short term, finding a way to trade Carroll clears 15M, not 8M and change, from the cap the next two seasons.
                            Thanks dan. Looks like I'm back to hoping brooklyn will take him for a pack of gatorade

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              Yes that is true, and cap space is an asset, but trading JV for nothing to sign Ibaka as the starting center for 4 years 80+ million is a risky move to say the least.
                              it's an outright stupid move.

ibaka is not a full time 5. you will wear him down and he'll develop playoff lowry syndrome. book it.

If you trade JV you still need a starting C, plain and simple.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                it's an outright stupid move.

ibaka is not a full time 5. you will wear him down and he'll develop playoff lowry syndrome. book it.

If you trade JV you still need a starting C, plain and simple.
                                Jakob Poeltl. He can be our Zaza Pachulia quite easily I'm sure

Comment

Working...
                                X