Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Yeah, who the fuck wants to watch playoffs when we could be watching truly shitty basketball.
    Our showing in the playoffs wasn't truly shitty?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      We don't lol. I've been "complaining" about this for a while. There's not really any way for the team to improve for the next 2-3 years.

To dodge the tax they're probably going to trade JV to re-sign Powell next summer or maybe this year, that definitely doesn't make us better. This year, we can't trade any 1st round picks (we don't have our 2018 pick so we can't trade 2019, and trading ones later than that is very risky), we'll be able to in 2018-19 I guess. Can't go over the hard cap now so our huge TPEs aren't really that useful.
      This seems a bit defeatist and a byproduct of enjoying a few successful years after many years wandering the desert. Last year, despite many injuries and making significant changes to the roster, we tied for the 5th most wins in a 30 team league. That is a great starting point which means the amount you need to improve is incrementally less. The fact that we have people at near the peak (or in worse case, the peak) of their careers means that there should be a natural improvement which this team is betting on. It's easy to "complain" but harder to suggest a realistic alternative. Sure we would like to be the best. But most often it takes a fluke to be the best. Golden State got lucky with a mid lottery pick who looked doomed to have ankle issues so they were able to get his MVP years on a bench player's contract. San Antonio counted on a guy going off to the military and second round pick nirvana. Boston found one of the dumbest Russians in the world. You could argue that Houston had a systematic build but they are the exception. And don't fall back on the argument that regular season success can't translate into playoff success. For the past two years we have been knocked out by the conference and/or league winner. We have run into injury trouble both times. All you can hope is that you're good enough to have a seat at the table and then, maybe things can go your way. Let the improvement come.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
        Nope. The reason we beat them was the Cavs stopped giving a fuck and were playing lethargic. Anyway, solid NO to Biz. He's WAYYYY overpaid. Besides, can't have two guys playing significant minutes who can't shoot the 3 at all (DD and Biz).
        Don't want BB back either, but this "Cavs stopped giving a fuck" is bullshit.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          I mean, we did win a round. Can't imagine how truly shitty the 8 teams that didn't, and the 14 teams that didn't make it, felt about their performances...
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Miles introduction.
            Well spoken.

Comment

• CJ is a good guy.

Comment

• Last edited by rocwell; Tue Jul 18, 2017, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Casey wins again. He's our Pop. Just accept it I guess
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Comment

• Masai is the best

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Casey wins again. He's our Pop. Just accept it I guess
                        I don't think so.

Comment

• I don't know in Masai's dictionary: "Shit's goin down"

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I don't know in Masai's dictionary: "Shit's goin down"
                            "Shit's goin down... maybe"

Comment

• still pretty sure Casey is on the hot seat.

Regarding our offence, it doesn't have to be a dramatic change to be a critical one. we shouldn't be trying to go 7seconds or less or anything. We just need to pass more willingly in the half court and keep everyone involved as more than just spot-up shooters, since we don't really have any of those on our roster anymore (except for Miles).

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                For the most part. Still won 3 rounds the past 2 seasons. Plus over 100 regular season wins.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X