Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Don't disagree. But the alternative of packing it in early and having conversations saved for June and July is unappealing. Might as well hang on to the thread we're clutching
    I agree the timing is off, I just couldn't hold it in any longer than I had to lol.

Comment

• People will be quick to dismiss this thread as offseason talk but looking at the big picture as a whole, as fans of the franchise I'd argue there is no wrong time to discuss this stuff. I certainly don't think Masai ever stops thinking about this kind of stuff during the season so why should we?
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
        Well as I stated it's all how you view it. I strive for a championship maybe to a fault, but at least if I saw a FIGHT in these guy's I wouldn't have wrote this. There has been nothing to see all these 3 games, no lack of urgency, fight and confidence.
        I mean there's some irony in fans turning on their team 3 games into the playoffs, in a 2-1 series, because the players "pack it in early"...
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
          Well...Another season in the books

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            I mean there's some irony in fans turning on their team 3 games into the playoffs, in a 2-1 series, because the players "pack it in early"...
            4 years, possibly 3 first round exits, no convincing series wins last year, 2 of our superstars in the top 10 lowest field goal% in playoff history. We've given them enough support to this point.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
              ...and another disappointing start, perhaps even the finish, to the postseason.
              ^

Comment

• Zing79 wrote: View Post
                I'm now in the corner that it's as simple as a new coaching staff and let them deal with it.

When this core group plays with a high assist rate they are absolutely deadly. See stretches of game 2. If they play like that for the full 48, that game was never close. And yesterday's game has the Raps punishing the Bucks for being so aggressive.

Instead they constantly revert to playing ISO ball. And that's become easily defended by this point.

Either coaches can't implement a better offensive scheme, or the coaches can't get player buy-in on it, and just give up. Both are on the staff to do. And should result in termination for failing to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                LOL it still kills me that people think this is simply a coaching issue.

Yes 100% a better coach will get better results, that's common sense. Unless you have a team like the Pistons that fit absolutely perfectly AND perhaps the most glazed over point EVER play a dysfunctional elite team like the Lakers were...Shaq and Kobe obviously split up from a season of turmoil and even Karl Malone was beefing with Kobe....it was almost a FLUKE that the Pistons won that year but hey let's give it to them. Still good luck creating a perfectly fit team with 4 true all-stars in the starting line up and facing off against an elite team that is going through it's own internal breakdown.

For the VAST majority of championship teams it takes truly ELITE players at the core, not stars, SUPERSTARS. Yes even though perhaps the quietest one of all time, Tim Duncan was one as well. Kawhi may be considering one already, if not is on the cusp but call me when he gets a ring without Duncan. The rings minus the single anomoly of the Pistons belong to the elite talents of the league. Unfortunately for us Colangelo traded the pick that Masai would have used to get the next one (Giannis) which ironically is putting the nails in our coffin. Its a painful reality to face but nonetheless it's the truth.

Now will MLSE commit to a rebuild?! I don't know...most will say no but look maybe Masai can sell them on what has just happened with Matthews and the Leafs.

Of course with beasts like Giannis and Simmons in our conference and taking over LeBron's throne it's a really sad and scary proposition but who knows?! Maybe we can get a Kevin Knox, Zion Williamson etc or perhaps we can get Murray and Wiggins to come home in several years. But I'm not jaded anymore in believing this team we have is capable of winning a ring. The ONLY catch to that would be possibly by some miracle swinging a trade for PG yet somehow keeping KL, DD, PJ and Ibaka and of course that just doesn't seem realistic at all. Unfortunately just when we thought we were making it the toughest road may actually be ahead.

Comment

• Although this thread is waaaaaay premature, it can't be denied that this thought has crossed many Raptor fans' minds over the past 12 hours or so. The first response is blow it up. Can't go into the tax for the core and half measures don't work. But there's another way to look at it. Maybe the Bucks are a Raptor antidote and it's the usual bad luck of the draw. We likely would have fared much better against Indiana or Atlanta (I'll leave Chicago out of this) We're not a treadmilling Atlanta team. We have been getting better over the past 3-4 years. This core is not good, it's great (apologies to Tony the Tiger). By record, we were tied for the 5th best team in a 30 team league and that included a stretch of playing terrible and a long stretch of Siakim instead of Ibaka. Do you really just throw that away? We could be in the desert for a while. And, as Masai has shown, our success doesn't hamper developing the next wave of young prospects. I say give it another chance.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    You called it irony others call it reality, tomato/tomatoe lol

Comment

• Every season in playoffs fans think "oh Nets were our antidote, oh Wiz are our antidote, oh PG is the best player in the series and now Giannis and Bucks are antidote." We gave this team enough rope.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I don't mind this team being Clippers of the East for a couple of more years. Losing for seasons on end just sucks, even if it does help your draft position.

Comment

• s.r. wrote: View Post
                          where do we go from here? Some of us need to:

1. Go to the doctor and ask for a prescription for mood stabilizers.
                          2. Go home and wait for game 4.
                          lmao!

Comment

• I'm looking for leadership from the team's leadership. He's been good at it in the regular season. But he is absent now. Not just in terms of performance. But in terms of leadership. This is the time to rally the troops. Provide calming influence. He has 2 more games to show this.

Comment

• Rand wrote: View Post
                              I'm looking for leadership from the team's leadership. He's been good at it in the regular season. But he is absent now. Not just in terms of performance. But in terms of leadership. This is the time to rally the troops. Provide calming influence. He has 2 more games to show this.
                              Who? The Candyman? (don't say his name)
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I don't think the Raps are out yet, but something to keep an eye on...

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere, too lazy to go through every thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X