Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    So, Danny Ainge got his shiny bauble. Personal opinion, based on the chatter of course and the current demands leading to this deal, Kyrie has always struck me as a petulant. Oh and I forgot his flat earth tweets. Translation...will he rise above the tough times as "leader" of the pack and bring joy to the Celtics fandom. I am doubtful.

I think Danny boy fucked up here. He should have done the deal for Butler with the Bulls. I believe the 1st rounder of the Nets was the issue...but he spit it up here. ANd depending on circumstances KI can walk in a couple of years.

I look forward to the Cavs-Celtics tilts next season. IT and LBJ will be sky high for a beat down. Will KI respond?

From a Raps. standpoint (as already alluded to) it's the best outcome imo... no Butler or PG on the Celts and one less major 1st rounder pick in '18. We can overcome!
    I agree. I understand Boston's rationale, with IT's situation and Brown + Tatum, I still think they paid too much and probably already passed on deals that would have been better, ironically by being not willing to pay as high of a price as they just paid.

I'm really not sure about Ainge. He's had two highlight moments - the summer he grabbed KG + Allen, then when he fleeced Brooklyn. Aside from those high points, there are a lot of questionable moves. Is he a genius who's just whiffed couple of times or is he a mediocre GM who got lucky a couple of times? I get the feeling he's more of the latter. We'll see how Brown + Tatum turn out, they're critical for Boston's future. Kyrie/Hayward/Horford is a nice core but won't be winning any championships on their own.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• All this IT talk reminded me of maybe the only pleasant memory I have of Carroll:

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• LMAO

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Came to see what RR had to say about the trade. Everybody played their respective role. T Rex again acted like Kyrie Irving is Jesus Christ Superstar. Demographic Shift gave the Demographic Shaft to Boston. James Naismith again called Masai Ujiri an idiot as is his tradition every time there's a trade.

Never change guys
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Came to see what RR had to say about the trade. Everybody played their respective role. T Rex again acted like Kyrie Irving is Jesus Christ Superstar. Demographic Shift gave the Demographic Shaft to Boston. James Naismith again called Masai Ujiri an idiot as is his tradition every time there's a trade.

Never change guys
            Lol so true.

I think Boston is worse on defence this year overall. They lost Bradley + Crowder. Kyrie is better on offence but those are two major losses. I don't know if Tatum or Brown will be up to the task of replacing that production. They still haven't addressed the issue that they have in terms of rebounding. I could see them getting Tony Allen. That would be interesting indeed.

Either way yeah. As for Cleveland. I think it makes the most sense. They are looking at a post lebron era. They needed tog et something. If they trade Kyrie now they can get something for him. Even if lebron stays they get better in the long run because of the nets pick and they can go into a very short rebuild right away. If lebron stays they still became a bit more balanced. They will miss Kyrie but IT fits in just nicely. The biggest thing is they have someone who can help lebron on defence with out such a huge drop off to someone like Shumpert. They will probably try to move shump..... I don't know if it happens though.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Came to see what RR had to say about the trade. Everybody played their respective role. T Rex again acted like Kyrie Irving is Jesus Christ Superstar. Demographic Shift gave the Demographic Shaft to Boston. James Naismith again called Masai Ujiri an idiot as is his tradition every time there's a trade.

Never change guys
              And when I order Chowda....

I order Manhattan Clam Chowda.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                Um, guys? Gordon Hayward is a better wing defender than Jae Crowder is, and he's also larger than Crowder is. That was one of the major reasons the Celtics signed him; in addition to being a secondary scorer and playmaker he's also an upgrade on their defense because the Celtics can't get bullied on the wing now.
                What's the source for this? Playing D with Gobert behind you is a little different than with Horford protecting the rim.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• The one thing that really confuses me with Boston's offseason is how little they did to address their frontcourt. It looks like they're still going to get killed on the glass, and Horford as your big rim protector probably won't end well.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    What's the source for this? Playing D with Gobert behind you is a little different than with Horford protecting the rim.

Man's got a point.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                      The one thing that really confuses me with Boston's offseason is how little they did to address their frontcourt. It looks like they're still going to get killed on the glass, and Horford as your big rim protector probably won't end well.
                      Have to wait and see how things look in January. I'm not convinced Irving can carry a top-5ish team and the Celts have weaknesses but they have a bunch of young talent if the coach will play them (a big question mark) and Hayward will help take the pressure off the one-man offense of years past. They also don't have to pay IT.

The Lebrons certainly got more interesting but it seems like a good trade, at least initially. If Lebron does walk they don't have to rely on Irving and can look to start a rebuild if they want with a nice lotto pick. They save a tonne of money. They get rid of a guy who didn't want to be there. And you can certainly argue that IT and Crowder keep them as good as they were with Irving.

I think both teams got a decent deal here, though, as others have pointed out, not sure it changes an awful lot in the grand scheme of the Eastern Conference, let alone the NBA.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                        The one thing that really confuses me with Boston's offseason is how little they did to address their frontcourt. It looks like they're still going to get killed on the glass, and Horford as your big rim protector probably won't end well.
                        And Horford's had some injuries over the years. If he misses major time they are really weak in the front court.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          And Horford's had some injuries over the years. If he misses major time they are really weak in the front court.
                          I heard Jared Sullinger is still unemployed.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

This is an excellent point. I imagine even some of our wings would look a lot more impressive defensively if they had the likes of Gobert (and not to mention Favors btw who's no slouch defensively either) to clean up their mistakes.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                              I heard Jared Sullinger is still unemployed.
                              lol I dont think they will take him back

Comment

• Another reason why I like this Celtics team a lot now besides adding a superstar talent like Irving is because I think Tatum has superstar potential as well. I think we'll see him a lot playing the 4 next year. I think they'll play a lot of small ball - Horford, Tatum, Hayward, Brown/Smart, Irving. How the hell do you stop that?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X