Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Honestly, I see Lowry/DD/Ibaka as more or less equal to Kyrie/Hayward/Horford. It will come down to who's got the deeper bench I think.
    For the most part yes and that will be interesting because I think Tatum is more talented than anyone we have coming up but Norm is going to be looking prove himself so should equal out then of course you have Brown. The possible X-Factor though could be none other then Jonas Valanciunas, since the Celtics suck at rebounding and still lack a big man...JV can make them pay but of course Casey will rather bring in another PG.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      Idk why we're calling them trash for struggling with the Bulls. That's a team that regularly beats us in the regular season and they had the best player in the series in Butler. Very comparable to the Indiana team that should have beaten us in 2016 with George if not for a very stupid decision from Vogel. So were we "trash" then?
      Struggled with the Bulls? They'd have gotten swept if Rondo hadn't gotten hurt. Then they barely squeaked by a WAS team that had literally no bench, and got demolished by the Cavs worse than we did.

They were a 50 win team, but their point differential suggests they were in reality a somewhat above-.500 quality team, and they played like it in the playoffs. Nevermind the specific weaknesses (rebounding, and now defence is a new one) that will cripple them come the playoffs this year.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        To be fair, they were trash last season too. They'll probably post 50 ish wins again, and once again be a real threat to lose in the first round as a 1 seed.
        DanH wrote: View Post
        Struggled with the Bulls? They'd have gotten swept if Rondo hadn't gotten hurt. Then they barely squeaked by a WAS team that had literally no bench, and got demolished by the Cavs worse than we did.

They were a 50 win team, but their point differential suggests they were in reality a somewhat above-.500 quality team, and they played like it in the playoffs. Nevermind the specific weaknesses (rebounding, and now defence is a new one) that will cripple them come the playoffs this year.
        basically that same Washington team with a WORSE Beal swept us in 2015.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          I dont think Boston is trash. I just don't think they are head and shoulder above the Raptors. Thier big 3 is overatted. Lowry/Deebo > Kyrie/Hayward. Ibaka = Horford.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          DeRozan is better than Hayward. Kyrie is better than Lowry. But Kyrie is better than DeRozan.

Horford = Ibaka
          Stevens > Casey
          Celtics bench(Tatum, Smart, Rozier) > Raptors bench
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

basically that same Washington team with a WORSE Beal swept us in 2015.
            Yeah, the Raptors without a functional Lowry or defensive scheme is a very bad team.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Honestly, I'd like to see at least half a season of Kyrie being the "#1 guy" first before even saying that Irving-Hayward-Horford is equal to Lowry-Derozan-Ibaka. I have serious doubts about Irving's ability to be a #1 guy. Guys (and coaches) always seem much better than they are playing beside the greatest player of this generation. I don't think Irving's play-style is conducive for leading a team.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Yeah, the Raptors without a functional Lowry or defensive scheme is a very bad team.
                So Isaiah playing after his sister's death doesn't count or...?

Comment

So Isaiah playing after his sister's death doesn't count or...?
                  Was he playing particularly poorly after his sister's death? And I'm sure that was a difficult time for him, but is it really a direct corollary to Lowry being injured?

The bigger issue was the tissue-paper defensive scheme that year anyway.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I'd like to meet this person, so I can question their life choices.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Haven't seen it mentioned here yet.. but the Lakers got hit with a half a million fine for tampering.. Not sure how I feel about this one. I saw the Kimmel interview and Magic was just having fun. I'm sure millions of people saw that too.

Yet there doesn't seem to be any problems with players colluding.. which I think is equally as "bad". But I guess it's harder to punish a single player (or players) then it is to punish a team.

Makes you wonder if a team executive will ever do public interviews ever again. Almost may not be worth it.

Comment

• LOL he's a better prospect than Bruno though(i'm not joking).

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• we know you're not joking lol but yeah Payne plays like 6 year old. No exaggeration. I could see from his dances with Westbrook that he wasn't shit.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X