No announcement yet.

Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Im Danny Ainge , I would be all over this cause he's got the assets to do so.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      If Im Danny Ainge , I would be all over this cause he's got the assets to do so.
      Nets. Move 'em to D league. Fuck that team

Comment

• wait didn't some of you all want phil jackson when he was available... smh

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
          wait didn't some of you all want phil jackson when he was available... smh
          Nah we signed Masai in 2013

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            wait didn't some of you all want phil jackson when he was available... smh
            Just goes to show you that being a brilliant coach at one point does not necessary translate in success of running a team as President/GM in the future. Phil is still stuck thinking about the triangle as an option in today's game smh that's when you know its time to retire.

Comment

• Yikes. Cap is going down to $99mm and the luxury tax is falling too.

We are really up against it this summer.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Yikes. Cap is going down to $99mm and the luxury tax is falling too.

We are really up against it this summer.
                Double edged sword, though. We'll be tighter against the tax, and other teams will have less cap room to absorb salary if we go that route. At the same time, there will be less market for all our free agents, and Lowry's max salary goes down (in the event he gets that, or uses it as a benchmark in negotiations).

Tough to judge how good or bad this news is (it's probably slightly bad) - but simply in terms of salary target, yeah, the current committed salary is now closer to the tax line than it was before.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Lol Phil

Good catch. Maybe Phil likes #fakenews.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    Just goes to show you that being a brilliant coach at one point does not necessary translate in success of running a team as President/GM in the future. Phil is still stuck thinking about the triangle as an option in today's game smh that's when you know its time to retire.
                    It's not just that he's stuck on the triangle, that's the problem. It's that he's confusing himself for a coach. The playbook is not for a front office executive to be meddling with.

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
                      Not to be a debby downer, but if Paul George becomes available I'm pretty sure Boston makes an offer we could never match. They have too many assets at their disposal right now. The future looks bright in Bean Town
                      I can see how this perception can be incurred (Bos has assets....), but it appears to me that Bos grossly overvalues their assets. I almost get impression that Danny boy would like to get KD & LBJ for Rozier & ??? (fill in blanks from bench, maybe Zeller) & even have other teams add draft choices.
                      High lottery picks are great, as they give you best chance of getting elite talent (say, top 10-20 players in NBS).
                      PG13 & Jimmy B are those players NOW. Why wait if you can get them?
                      James still in Cavs now? Yes. And he may be old in 1-2-3 yrs (or leave) then there are Bucks (likely) or 76ers.
                      IMO, being a top 3 team in division is a solid enough opportunity to compete.
                      This is why I'd like Raps to try to keep Kyle, Ibaka & maybe Tucker.
                      Lets have another go at it.
                      We have made tremendous strides last 4 years. While I would not completely mortgage our future, I think its critical to continue being relevant & building upon that success.
                      Esp important bec (IMO) Cavs will (try to) make a massive change with either/or Love/Irving. Chemistry can become an issue.
                      Another thing: Who predicted that OKC will beat SA last year & nearly beat GS?
                      James is as durable as any player has been, but even a slight injury, Cavs are barely a playoff team.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        For those bemoaning that we didn't salary dump to the Nets - they still have piles of cap room. Frankly, they didn't actually use up much of it in that trade, with Lopez' salary outgoing. Nothing's changed there, except by moving on from Lopez they seem even more committed to going young rather than winning now (even with their picks outgoing). Seems to me this signals they might be very open to a Carroll-plus-asset for little return sort of deal. No one good is signing there anyway.

IMO, this (bold) is the key. Might cost less than we think to unload Carroll.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          Keep your eye on Utah..apparently interested in a back up point guard and inquiring on Patrick Beverley. They have cap space until July 1st so wouldn't have to send a player back. And they have 4 picks tomorrow.

Maybe Raps offer them Corey Jo for the 30th pick or 42 and 55. You have to assume Masai is looking to dump some salary to minimize tax.
                          Back up? Don't they need starting PG?
                          As for us dumping salary (sending out CoJo), makes sense ONLY IFF we have Kyle & Ibaka lined up to come back.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                            As for us dumping salary (sending out CoJo), makes sense ONLY IFF we have Kyle & Ibaka lined up to come back.
                            I don't get why ppl worry about kyle leaving :s
                            I am pretty sure Kyle is coming back and same with Ibaka

Comment

• I hate Nets so much...

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                                I get what you're saying. It's been reported they are shopping for a back up and they want to resign George Hill.

I think if Lowry and Ibaka walk you blow the roster up anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X