Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Whenever I hear of a player deciding to "Rehab" a serious injury rather then get surgery, it usually ends up bad.

This could end up pretty bad.

Deal is looking better and better for the Celtics.

Cavs are in a state of decay.

Raptors might reap the benefits of that deal next season, as both The Cavs and The Celtics might not be as organized as they were last season.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Whenever I hear of a player deciding to "Rehab" a serious injury rather then get surgery, it usually ends up bad.

This could end up pretty bad.

Deal is looking better and better for the Celtics.

Cavs are in a state of decay.

Raptors might reap the benefits of that deal next season, as both The Cavs and The Celtics might not be as organized as they were last season.
      Irving has a large sample size that says he contributes to losing not winning.

Thomas is questionable at best right now.

Ideally what I'm picturing is a wwe triple threat match, Boston and the Lebron's have just hit each other with a chair at the same time and are laying on the ring dazed, then the underdog raptors sneak in a quick 1-2-3 and shockingly escape with the belt
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Ideally what I'm picturing is a wwe triple threat match, Boston and the Lebron's have just hit each other with a chair at the same time and are laying on the ring dazed, then the underdog raptors sneak in a quick 1-2-3 and shockingly escape with the belt
        Amazing post.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          To be fair, they were trash last season too. They'll probably post 50 ish wins again, and once again be a real threat to lose in the first round as a 1 seed.
          KeonClark wrote: View Post

No he doesn't. The Cavs are +5.5 with Kyrie on the floor and -1.1 with him off. He averages 25-6-3 on a very efficient 58 TS%. He's been a crucial cog in a championship level team putting up 28-4-4 in the last two NBA Finals. He's a player who consistently raises his level of play in the playoffs, rather than dropping off like some others. Even in oRPM (a stat that doesn't really favor players like him) he ranks 8th among point guards.

Yet somehow he's a player that contributes to losing not winning. What the actual fuck are you even saying? Then a whole bunch of you are liking it. You guys don't understand the game at the most basic level if you think Kyrie is a player that makes your team lose more. If you want to argue that he doesn't contribute to winning as much as some other guys, then that's a logical argument, but to say he contributes to losing like he's a minus player to have on your team is complete fucking idiotic. Seriously one of the dumbest statements I've seen written here.

Comment

• Too much time on my hands...
            Can the season just begin already?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              No he doesn't. The Cavs are +5.5 with Kyrie on the floor and -1.1 with him off. He averages 25-6-3 on a very efficient 58 TS%. He's been a crucial cog in a championship level team putting up 28-4-4 in the last two NBA Finals. He's a player who consistently raises his level of play in the playoffs, rather than dropping off like some others. Even in oRPM (a stat that doesn't really favor players like him) he ranks 8th among point guards.

Yet somehow he's a player that contributes to losing not winning. What the actual fuck are you even saying? Then a whole bunch of you are liking it. You guys don't understand the game at the most basic level if you think Kyrie is a player that makes your team lose more. If you want to argue that he doesn't contribute to winning as much as some other guys, then that's a logical argument, but to say he contributes to losing like he's a minus player to have on your team is complete fucking idiotic. Seriously one of the dumbest statements I've seen written here.
              Dude, take it easy.

I'm sure most people were liking the WWE reference which was hilarious. Kyrie is a very skilled player. I think he's talking about his numbers with Lebron off the court:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.wash...needs-to-know/

Comment

The wording "contributes to losing" is a bit exaggerated and unnecessary but the argument is still valid.

Of course, Irving playing on a winning Cavs team, especially as a starter playing alongside LeBron is going to have a positive +/- balance over a season. It's a fact though when you look at at Irvings' +/- stats when he's playing without LeBron (minutes and entire games which LeBron sat out), Irving has been absolutely horrendous in +/- and also the cavs lost 10 out of the 14 games LBJ sat out...

I think he has improved a lot since his first couple of season in the NBA and I think he's an incredible offensive talent, especially when playing next to a guy like LeBron and is put in the right situation where he can shine in the clutch. But he's yet to prove he can win as THE guy. So far though there is very little to indicate that he can be THE man and there is a lot of evidence that indicates the contrary.

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                  The wording "contributes to losing" is a bit exaggerated and unnecessary but the argument is still valid.

Of course, Irving playing on a winning Cavs team, especially as a starter playing alongside LeBron is going to have a positive +/- balance over a season. It's a fact though when you look at at Irvings' +/- stats when he's playing without LeBron (minutes and entire games which LeBron sat out), Irving has been absolutely horrendous in +/- and also the cavs lost 10 out of the 14 games LBJ sat out...

I think he has improved a lot since his first couple of season in the NBA and I think he's an incredible offensive talent, especially when playing next to a guy like LeBron and is put in the right situation where he can shine in the clutch. But he's yet to prove he can win as THE guy. So far though there is very little to indicate that he can be THE man and there is a lot of evidence that indicates the contrary.
                  The argument was completely invalid because the premise was false, that's basic first-order logic. He does not contribute to losing.

Comment

The argument was completely invalid because the premise was false, that's basic first-order logic. He does not contribute to losing.
                    Well, you haven't really proven that he doesn't contribute to losing. Everybody does to some degree - and whether he contributes more to winning than losing is the real question - I think he does (not nearly enough to be treated as a superstar like some do), but that's not some fact set in stone no one can argue against.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Well, you haven't really proven that he doesn't contribute to losing. Everybody does to some degree - and whether he contributes more to winning than losing is the real question - I think he does (not nearly enough to be treated as a superstar like some do), but that's not some fact set in stone no one can argue against.
                      Well the premise was he contributes to losing NOT winning, which is just patently false so no I have proven that. I hope you guys are aware of how ridiculous it sounds and is to say that about a player of Irving's caliber.

Comment

Well the premise was he contributes to losing NOT winning, which is just patently false so no I have proven that. I hope you guys are aware of how ridiculous it sounds and is to say that about a player of Irving's caliber.
                        The calibre of player that Irving is, is what is up for debate. You can't just declare yourself right and therefore all arguments to the contrary are patently false.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The calibre of player that Irving is, is what is up for debate. You can't just declare yourself right and therefore all arguments to the contrary are patently false.
                          Actually I can absolutely declare myself right when I say it is false that Irving "contributes to losing not winning" because it is completely false and incorrect and I've provided more than enough evidence to show that.

Comment

• Whatever he gives you on offensive end he gives up on defensive end.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• It's going to be a really interesting experiment out in Boston. I think he'll probably end up as a positive.. he's older, more mature, and Boston is an older, more mature franchise (unlike Cleveland was before Lebron). But it really will be an experiment where we can only theorize what will happen.

For the Raps sake I hope it ends up badly. But there is as good a chance as any that it will work itself out. The biggest hurdle for Boston in my opinion is Kyrie's injury history. But we have the same problems with Lowry.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Whatever he gives you on offensive end he gives up on defensive end.
                                So does Demar. Neither are superstar players, but both manage to contribute to winning with the right players around them anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X