No announcement yet.

Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would rather have a shooter than a rebounder. Carroll + 2018 second rounder + cash to Philly for Stauskas (maybe they don't need him with the Redick signing anymore)?

A win-win basically for me is if we can unload Carroll for a shooter on a rookie scale deal.

Faried doesn't make sense. He's owed $13M and we need to shed money not take on more.

Comment

• Has anyone mentioned the Porter deal here yet? I love that the Kings offered him the max.

So now the Wizards either have to match and get stuck in cap hell (Wall is looking for a super-max deal himself). Or they lose Porter for nothing. And he's their best wing defender.

Comment

• So faried vs Thad vs Pat. Anyone else?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Has anyone mentioned the Porter deal here yet? I love that the Kings offered him the max.

So now the Wizards either have to match and get stuck in cap hell (Wall is looking for a super-max deal himself). Or they lose Porter for nothing. And he's their best wing defender.
          I'm trying not to enjoy it too much. I feel like we might be in a similar position with Norm next year. If I don't laugh now, perhaps I'll be spared then.

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
            I'm trying not to enjoy it too much. I feel like we might be in a similar position with Norm next year. If I don't laugh now, perhaps I'll be spared then.
            Yeah.. problem is that poison pill contract. Like Lin and Fields got back in the day. That could hurt.. but I have faith in Masai.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              Based on what he said it's CJ OR Patterson.

Idk how people can really be happy about this outcome. Our team is worse and more expensive now.

I don't know about y'all but I don't consider re-signing Lowry to be much of an achievement. His suitors were all inferior teams to ours after CP3 went to Houston, yet somehow he still got $33M a year out of us. He's not a top tier player, he's like in the 2nd or 3rd tier and maybe 4th when it comes to actual playoff performance.
              Agreed. Getting one or the other of CJ or Patterson is super boring. That makes us no better. Yea this team is gonna be a mess next season
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I think this team will be just fine. Anyways Remember when we could have gotten James Harden for JV.... ugh

Comment

• Why is no one considering Gallinari?

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
                    Toronto:
                    CJo
                    JV

Denver:
                    Kenneth Faried
                    Darrel Arthur
                    1st Round Top 10 Protected

Thoughts?
                    The Nuggets just traded a younger and quicker-faster Nurkic less than 6 months ago. Why would they consider Valanciunas?
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      Why is no one considering Gallinari?
                      Because he has multiple interested teams in his services and will command much more in terms of salary than the Raptors could offer?

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                        Because he has multiple interested teams in his services and will command much more in terms of salary than the Raptors could offer?
                        By my calculations we could offer ~26M after tax dumps. Would handicap the team but would improve the team dramatically

Comment

By my calculations we could offer ~26M after tax dumps. Would handicap the team but would improve the team dramatically
                          And, if the Raptors are able to pull off a trade or two to shed salary, AND Gallinari has not signed yet, then you might hear some rumblings.

However shedding salary in the current environment is really tough, especially if everyone knows.

Comment

How do you figure? Are you assuming S&T? Raptors won't be able to free up enough salary to be $26M under the salary cap line (which is at about $99M).

Comment

• Guys, Denver wants to shed salary to chase another FA. We are not remotely a realistic trade partner with them.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Guys, Denver wants to shed salary to chase another FA. We are not remotely a realistic trade partner with them.
                                3 way trade perhaps or 4 way trade including brooklyn

Comment

Working...
                                X