Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    May have been mentioned earlier...but just noticed the curse of the Sixers has struck again....Markelle Fultz out for the SL with high ankle sprain. That team is snake bit.
    It wasn't that bad. He will be back soon. He impressed with his blocks but Jackson, Tatum and Fox have stood out more to me. I've only seen a few teams/games so far tho.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      It wasn't that bad. He will be back soon. He impressed with his blocks but Jackson, Tatum and Fox have stood out more to me. I've only seen a few teams/games so far tho.
      Eh summer league is such a shit show its impossible to tell who will excel in the NBA. So much individual play that its hard for most bigs and someone like Lonzo to really show their strengths. Fun to watch Tatum work out of the mid post though.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Hawks made lots of playoffs only to watch Horford bail. Then Millsap. Jazz did the same thing with Jefferson/Millsap some years back.

Ongoing mediocrity isn't attractive. If it was, do you think Tucker would have left us to play for the Rockets for less money? Would Patterson have signed a cheapo deal with OKC?

Players are attracted to situations. Once Minnesota got Butler, other guys wanted to go there... Minnesota.

I get what Masai was trying to do, but he overestimated how much time he had before the cap would smack us down.
        My man! I think you and me are the only ones on this forum who are not excited about this team's future.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
          My man! I think you and me are the only ones on this forum who are not excited about this team's future.
          Hard for me to get hyped about a couple more years of great regular seasons and underwhelming playoff runs, with a pretty murky plan after 2+ years. I get the thought process by Masai and company, but it doesn't excite me.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
            Yeah, I've been watching him and posted that he's been solid. Not a knock on him as much as my perspective on where I think our team is at and the type of player that I think we need, which is one with a higher ceiling than what I perceive in ojeleye.
            Personally I can't see OG being more than a high level role player. I think his ceiling is MGK with a jumper. I don't think that's a big difference from Crowder. Which is what I feel is OJ's ceiling.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Personally I can't see OG being more than a high level role player. I think his ceiling is MGK with a jumper. I don't think that's a big difference from Crowder. Which is what I feel is OJ's ceiling.
              We will see. I think OG has potential to be elite in one area (D) and I don't see that in semi.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                Eh summer league is such a shit show its impossible to tell who will excel in the NBA. So much individual play that its hard for most bigs and someone like Lonzo to really show their strengths. Fun to watch Tatum work out of the mid post though.
                True. Lonzo has made a few great passes but he's struggled to shoot well and shot creation. There's so many eyes on that kid.
                Yeah, Tatum is so smooth to the point of being soft. That's why I like Donovan Mitchell more and same reason I like powell more than Devin Booker.

Comment

Don't worry, you're not. This offseason has been really mediocre. Spinning our wheels in the mud.

Comment

• Houston is going to have to offload Ryan Anderson to get Carmelo Anthony...

How do we get him?
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      Houston is going to have to offload Ryan Anderson to get Carmelo Anthony...

How do we get him?
                      Simple - you have to clear $20M in annual cap space, because that's how much he will make for each of the next three years.

Comment

• Hawks made lots of playoffs only to watch Horford bail. Then Millsap. Jazz did the same thing with Jefferson/Millsap some years back.
                        Toronto just re-signed Lowry, Derozan and Ibaka. Like, just days ago in two cases. Not even weeks. Days. This just fucking happened. It is the exact opposite of Atlanta. I mean, Fuck me.

Ongoing mediocrity isn't attractive. If it was, do you think Tucker would have left us to play for the Rockets for less money? Would Patterson have signed a cheapo deal with OKC?
                        Toronto just signed a FA. Just like yesterday. A quality free agent at below market. Exactly like Tucker and Patterson. I mean, exactly the same fucking thing.

Just ridiculous.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          Hard for me to get hyped about a couple more years of great regular seasons and underwhelming playoff runs, with a pretty murky plan after 2+ years. I get the thought process by Masai and company, but it doesn't excite me.
                          Not sure how realistic it is to expect LeBron to sign with a Western team next year, but if that happens, I suppose there's an argument for keeping the current core together and hoping for the best. No reason why we wouldn't be in the finals then.

Comment

Only ones? Damn, some guy felt the need to start an "optimists" version of this thread because he was tired of reading page after page of posts shitting on everything happening around this team.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I mean I'm all for a re-build.. but jesus some people on this forum have the objectivity of a depressed teenager. Chill out... we'll be fine... Ujiri gave the team a 3 year window instead of a dreaded 5 year window. He got rid of Carroll and CJo. He gave time to let our young guns prove themselves worthy, which I have high hopes for. We aren't financially locked in hell anymore. Only negative constant left is Casey.. All-star free agent's have RE-SIGNED with us, which means the culture is strong here... so what more do you want?

I think some are just looking for excuses to rant...

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
                                I mean I'm all for a re-build.. but jesus some people on this forum have the objectivity of a depressed teenager. Chill out... we'll be fine... Ujiri gave the team a 3 year window instead of a dreaded 5 year window. He got rid of Carroll and CJo. He gave time to let our young guns prove themselves worthy, which I have high hopes for. We aren't financially locked in hell anymore. Only negative constant left is Casey.. All-star free agent's have RE-SIGNED with us, which means the culture is strong here... [I]so what more do you want?[/I]

I think some are just looking for excuses to rant...
                                kawhi leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X