No announcement yet.

Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powell off the bench as the #1 option? that's not a good idea. U guys saw what happened last yr right? when DeRozan was injured, and Powell became an option on offence?

CJ Miles should come off the bench and Powell should be starting.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      LeBron
      Giannis
      Hayward
      Simmons
      Melo (for now)

I wouldn't want Norm guarding any of those guys, not to mention other guys that might cause him mismatch problems. Plus we still have to play 30+ games against the Western Conference. We need an actual small forward, not a guy with combo guard measurements.

I'd rather bring Norm off the bench to give him more time on the ball and let him actually guard his position or weaker SFs. Miles is an actual catch and shoot guy so I'd want him to start and space the floor for DeMar/Kyle.
      After Butler and George moved it's really only LBJ and Giannis I'd be concerned with. I'm convinced Melo will end up in HOU.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        I think by culture reset Masaii meant he didn't want our two leaders all but asking LeBron for his autograph in the middle of a playoff series.
        Seems like Masai believes in Casey/KL/Deebo/Ibaka but, not so much the role players around them. He is going about changing that now.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Nice. For anyone not following me on twitter, long and short of this deal:

Miles will make only 300k more than Cory this season (assuming a backloaded deal) so there is very little impact to the team's salary situation. Still about 3M over the tax and 3M below the apron, which is now a hard cap, having used a sign and trade.

Team still has options to add talent if they shed some salary. Still have access to full MLE, just can't spend above the hard cap. So if they were to, say, shed Hamilton and BeBe, they would be down to 12 players with about 9M in clearance below the hard cap. Meaning they have to sign two players to meet the minimum roster, one minimum guy (could be McKinnie) and then the rest can be a almost-MLE signing (using 7.5M of the 8.4M MLE).

Or, they could just shed those guys and fill out the roster with minimum salaries, clearing the tax, and making it easier to go deep into the tax for the final two years of the window with no fear of the repeater tax.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
            Hayward is very soft and he is not loyal. I never heard him say "I am Utah" or "I am Boston"...

Where is the stat for watching all your rookies perform during summer league every year? The stat for loyalty?

If he is "as good or slightly better" I still would pass on him because integrity can't be measured on basketball-reference.com

Also, his dunks look lame af.
            I like derozan and personally hope he retires here. But that still doesn't change the fact that one could argue that Hayward is as good or better than him.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Powell off the bench as the #1 option? that's not a good idea. U guys saw what happened last yr right? when DeRozan was injured, and Powell became an option on offence?

I agree with this but we'll see. We've just gone through two years of the wrong PF starting.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                I think Masai will keep him under the radar so he can be brought back for cheap, then its time to unleash Powell.
                After his playoffs performance everybody knows about Norm. He is no secret.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Worried about guys like LeBron and Giannis and Melo? lol it's not like Miles or anyone on this team can guard them.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So, did Masai do an end around the Nets on Miles? Were they not hot on getting CJ with some of the picks we gave them with DC?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Nice. For anyone not following me on twitter, long and short of this deal:

Miles will make only 300k more than Cory this season (assuming a backloaded deal) so there is very little impact to the team's salary situation. Still about 3M over the tax and 3M below the apron, which is now a hard cap, having used a sign and trade.

Team still has options to add talent if they shed some salary. Still have access to full MLE, just can't spend above the hard cap. So if they were to, say, shed Hamilton and BeBe, they would be down to 12 players with about 9M in clearance below the hard cap. Meaning they have to sign two players to meet the minimum roster, one minimum guy (could be McKinnie) and then the rest can be a almost-MLE signing (using 7.5M of the 8.4M MLE).

Or, they could just shed those guys and fill out the roster with minimum salaries, clearing the tax, and making it easier to go deep into the tax for the final two years of the window with no fear of the repeater tax.
                      how much if we shed JV?

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Powell off the bench as the #1 option? that's not a good idea. U guys saw what happened last yr right? when DeRozan was injured, and Powell became an option on offence?

I agree with this. Norm has been his best playing off KL/Deebo. As we saw he struggled in the Ross role last year.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          I agree with this but we'll see. We've just gone through two years of the wrong PF starting.
                          Do you know if the Carroll deal to BKN took up their Cap space for next off season preventing them from throwing ridiculous offer at Norm?

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                            I like derozan and personally hope he retires here. But that still doesn't change the fact that one could argue that Hayward is as good or better than him.
                            We used to have jerseys for fans like you.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                              We used to have jerseys for fans like you.

And there's a forum for fans like you. Real gm.

Comment

• Damn, going to miss Cojo always showed up in the biggest moments. Thanks for the memories Cojo.

"I get a ring and bring it home like cory jo."

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X