Future PG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Right now I totally give it a 50/50 and a lot of that is going to hinge on how we play from here on out. If we can somehow claw back into that 2nd seed and get to a ECF then yes I think he stays because he will have renewed his faith in this team BUT....

Personally I don't see that happening. I think we will improve from how we've played the last 2 months with the return of Patterson and the acquisition of Ibaka but I think we're going to finish 4th because I think we're just going to look sluggish because Casey is just going to run that high PnR to death as usual and teams know that just with Pat and Ibaka knocking down some shots it should make Kyle and DeMar's shots a bit better and hence we should we some games but there will be nights where we look downright terrible too.

Once the Playoffs hit, we keep running that same old high PnR as much as Val just pumpfakes...whistles tighten up, our guys get frustrated instead of playing harder and we're fighting tooth n nail to get through. This year though we don't have a 7th place IND that was pretty much just PG vs the Raptors it will be ATL or WAS. WAS could be just a deadly matchup because Porter will snuff out DeMar and with all that wear n tear of this season, Kyle will be gassing trying to stay in front of Wall while he blows by to pitch out to shooters who Carroll's old knees can't get to and DD is void of defence...oh least we forget WAS has been deadly at home this season besides sweeping us before. Then if we match up with ATL, even if we some how scrap by welcome to the Land, season over so where does that leave Kyle???

Well 1st round elimination and you can bet your ass he's looking elsewhere and 2nd rd against CLE you better be able to sell the hell outta him that we're going to find a 4th good player with the remaining assets because if he wants 1st and 2nd round defeats he can get that in PHI (they will be drastically better next year just watch) except he goes home and can inspire his city. PHI will be roaring even if all they do is get to a 2nd rd BUT I think by year 3 they will be in a ECF and maybe even the Finals (if Embiid can stay healthy I'm serious) where as in TOR getting that far is just a big disappointment with him and the fans wondering how the hell they'll ever get over the hump meanwhile he's outta time.

If I was him and I'm getting big money irregardless...one option is stay up north and possibly never really compete for a ring while you and the fanbase grow increasingly frustrated or go home and be the talk of the league while your team explodes in popularity....I think option 2 sounds a lot more appealing. So again unless really sells him on a 4th "star" to get over the hump I'm really not so sure.

Comment

I wonder if kyle would take the Steve Nash offer that raptors gave steve.

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
        I wonder if kyle would take the Steve Nash offer that raptors gave steve.
        12M a year for three years? Yeah, he did, last time. This time he's getting paid.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          12M a year for three years? Yeah, he did, last time. This time he's getting paid.
          I do not know the details off the top of my head but certainly in today's setting and the fact he is younger I am saying a substantial 5 year contract and a place with the organization. Similar percentage of the max as demar but with some protection for the team in the last 2 years and some assurance of a respected position with the organization after the 5 year deal.

Comment

you can't be serious!?!?! why would he(Lowry) sign a max contract, his last real contract in the league to join the sixers. A team that's 4 years away from making the 8th seed in the Eastern Conference? He's not going anywhere. The second part of your question dealing with the future, Joseph's skills are not diminishing. He is who he is, a solid back up pg period!! Delon reminds me of Alvin Williams. Right now he's the next in line for the Raps at point guard position. Your list of potentials are just trash. stop it!!!

Comment

Working...
            X