Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iceland President to Ban Pineapple as a Pizza Topping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iceland President to Ban Pineapple as a Pizza Topping?

Slow news day for the Raps ....

The local news site Vísir reports that at the end of his visit Guðni took questions from students. Guðni answered questions about various personal things, including which team he rooted for in the English premiere league (which turned out to be Manchester United). He was then asked about his opinion about pineapples as a pizza topping. Guðni answered that he was fundamentally opposed to putting pineapple on top of a pizza.

Then he went one step further, announcing that he would pass a ban on pineapple as a pizza topping if he had the power to pass laws on his own.

Source
    Lol
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Feb 21, 2017, 12:07 PM.

Well that's about as Hawaiian hot news you can get coming out of Iceland I'd say.

Comment

Which one of you pineapple haters is Gudni anyway?

Comment

This would rip my household apart if I was an Icelander. I love Hawaiian pizza and my wife hates it.

Maybe he'll just decide to tax the shit out of it and require warning labels on the pizza boxes.

Comment

Pineapple pizza is not right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pizza topping equality for everyone!!!

Comment

Lol Pineapple Lives Matter?

Comment

Fuuuuck. I'm literally heading to Iceland tomorrow morning. I don't even want to go anymore.

Comment

Click bait thread title, Joey

It's not that he's going to ban pineapple, it's that he wants to, but likely can't.

Comment

Iceland - February 21, 2017

Meanwhile in some KFC in America...

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                      Fuuuuck. I'm literally heading to Iceland tomorrow morning. I don't even want to go anymore.
                      Iceland's a fun place to visit - some good beer (I recommend Einstok), and Reykjavik's got a relaxed but fun vibe to it. Remember that if you plan on purchasing any alcohol (especially hard alcohol), to try and get it at the duty free shop prior to exiting the airport - will save a good chunk of money.

Since it's February, you're unlikely to be able to get into the Interior, but I would heartily recommend getting out to Jokulsarlon if you have the chance (since it's winter, would have to be an overnight trip - in the summer, there are daytrips (if you don't want to hire a car), but because of the long daylight hours, people can do it in a single day (5 hours drive non-stop each way - but the scenery along the southern coast means you stop often). Hiring a car is better than a package tour, but the package tour is better than not going at all.

Comment

The never ending debate rages on
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Pizza topping equality for everyone!!!
                            Right? I mean if someone thinks it's unnatural, well so is basically every north american pizza which are nothing like the authentic ones you get in Italy. Should we abandon pepperoni too?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Click bait thread title, Joey

It's not that he's going to ban pineapple, it's that he wants to, but likely can't.
                              Haha Hey, I could have gone with something like...

"YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT THE PRESIDENT OF ICELAND JUST DID!! #4 WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X