X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats...65/matt-barnes

What was the point of not just signing him though
    His nemesis and specialty is Derek Fisher but he is not even in the league anymore. Also his 3pt shooting is bad and although he is tough he is not as good defender as PJ right now.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
      I wonder if there was an old thread on PJ? Can't remember when he left the first time...

Anyways, welcome back PJ!
      This place missed him by a year. I did find a thread though and now it's merged.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats...65/matt-barnes

What was the point of not just signing him though
        He's older. Worse offensively and defensively. Also has pending criminal charges last I heard.

Comment

Oh and I like the trade. Dead weight plus two likely busts for somebody who can help this team win now. Sounds good to me.

Comment

What did we trade for Tucker?

I slept the whole day.... my schedule is all over the place. I like PJ, but please play the guy around 20 minutes & only at SF.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
              He's older. Worse offensively and defensively. Also has pending criminal charges last I heard.
              He's also a douchebag.

Did you know douchebags are actual medical devices used to administer (essentially) vaginal enemas?
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                He's also a douchebag.

Did you know douchebags are actual medical devices used to administer (essentially) vaginal enemas?
                No I did not.

You learn something new everyday

Comment

No I did not.

You learn something new everyday
                  Sure, and douche is also a verb for the act vaginal cleansing with a douchebag, e.g. "I know a few people who could really use a douche."

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Sure, and douche is also a verb for the act vaginal cleansing with a douchebag, e.g. "I know a few people who could really use a douche."
                    You've really done your genitalia cleansing research I see

Comment

You've really done your genitalia cleansing research I see

Ha!

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        What did we trade for Tucker?

I slept the whole day.... my schedule is all over the place. I like PJ, but please play the guy around 20 minutes & only at SF.
                        We traded Powell, jakob and 2 first for him
                        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Terrific pick up! We go from an undersized and lacklustre forward rotation to big, tough, and 2-way. Bring it on.

Comment

Don't know if this has been posted, but here's Pelton's take:

Toronto Raptors: A

The Raptors have been linked to Tucker since before last year's deadline. By waiting Phoenix out, Toronto got its guy at a great price. The Raptors' 2017 second-round pick would currently be No. 51, and I'd bet on that getting worse rather than better now that Toronto has added both Tucker and Serge Ibaka. There's a little more uncertainty with the Raptors' 2018 second-round pick, but it's unlikely to fall in the top half of the round.

Tucker immediately becomes Toronto's best defensive option at either forward spot. He's primarily been a wing stopper for the Suns, but lately Phoenix coach Earl Watson was using Tucker to finish games against top power forwards -- something the Raptors may also ask him to do in smaller lineups alongside either Ibaka or Patrick Patterson in the middle.

In particular, Toronto probably expects Tucker to spend time on LeBron James if the Raptors face the Cleveland Cavaliers in the postseason. Adding Tucker and Ibaka now means Toronto coach Dwane Casey has a wealth of options for matching up with the Cavaliers' small lineups.

Lest we get too carried away, let's be clear that Tucker is also the weakest offensive contributor among the Raptors' forward options. He's a career 34.7 percent 3-point shooter who's shot 33.8 percent this season and who rarely creates shots for himself or others. Despite the hand-wringing about DeMarre Carroll's decline, Carroll's .544 true shooting percentage this season is better than Tucker's career high (.541; he's at .518 in 2016-17).

So it's possible Tucker might not make a huge impact in certain postseason matchups. He wouldn't seem to help much against the Boston Celtics, for example. Given the price, however, any contributions Tucker offers in the playoffs will make this deal a win for Toronto.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

So much for their never being leaks from Masai's office lol we were rumored around Tucker for weeks now.

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                                So much for their never being leaks from Masai's office lol we were rumored around Tucker for weeks now.
                                That really doesn't mean the leak came from our front office.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X