No announcement yet.

Everything PJ Tucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PJ doesn't punch a lot of guys faces so I think it's okay. He is known for getting technical fouls (9 so far this year, 4 last year, 8 the year before). Not many but does get them.

I don't have an issue with it. He's a fierce competitor.. and that's a good thing.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
      The funniest part of this is that even when Blake is completely tangled up and basically pinning Tucker he still manages to turn to the ref and bitch about no call being made. I mean, if anything is punch worthy...

Though if we needed a player strictly for punching then that's the one time I'd advocate for Matt Barnes.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
        The funniest part of this is that even when Blake is completely tangled up and basically pinning Tucker he still manages to turn to the ref and bitch about no call being made. I mean, if anything is punch worthy...

Though if we needed a player strictly for punching then that's the one time I'd advocate for Matt Barnes.
        It was Blake Griffin.... universally hated by fellow NBA players. Why are Raptor fans getting so upset about this?

Why NBA players don't like Blake Griffin

No NBA player seems to get disrespected more by his peers than Blake Griffin. Here are three reasons why we think this happens to him all the time.
        http://www.sbnation.com/2013/12/27/5...ppers-warriors

Comment

By the way.. anyone know what the P and J stand for? Looking on Wikipedia, his actual name is Anthony Leon "PJ" Tucker.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            By the way.. anyone know what the P and J stand for? Looking on Wikipedia, his actual name is Anthony Leon "PJ" Tucker.
            Punches Jokers?

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              It's 2017. Everything is "horrifying" and "offensive"

Yeah, tucker went over the line. But that's part of what makes him tucker. He is feared, disliked, annoying or some combination of the 3 by a lot of opponents. And in a 7 game series that will prove crucial.

Not really interested in winning the nice guy awards. Theres no trophy for "most sportsmanlike" at the end of the tournament.
              This is the key part. Yes Tucker crossed the line, but in order to reap the rewards of his bulldog personality, you have to accept the odd time he makes a mistake. Overall, he's still a net positive for the Raptors.

This isn't the U.N. Our only concern should be winning basketball games.

Comment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Sportsmanship_Award

There's no award for dirtiest player. I don't consider PJ dirty (like Barnes), I like PJ, he just made a mistake.

Great players are intimidating bc they're excellent at bball. It's a lot more intimidating to face Steph Curry than matt Barnes.

Many of these dirty players also struggle off the court bc they have a bigger personal problem. It's not something to encourage, they actually need help.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Heard its Pop Junior.

Also if anything PJ was defending himself against the bigger man. 'Fucking Blake' (like FNG) was falling on him and his left leg was all kinds of contorted. He was defending himself. Blake runs around the 6ix's streets liqured up and punching 5 foot personal trainers.

Competitors know they may fight. They'll battle. It might escalate. That's hardly the cheapest shot someone taken on the court.

Plus. FuckingBlake is out there punching randos like a rabid turkey.

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post

Also if anything PJ was defending himself against the bigger man. 'Fucking Blake' (like FNG) was falling on him and his left leg was all kinds of contorted. He was defending himself. Blake runs around the 6ix's streets liqured up and punching 5 foot personal trainers.
                    Yeah, Blake fully leans into him with all his weight, Tucker holds his ground, then Blake steps on Tucker's right foot, falls over and pulls Tucker down with him. Then doesn't even attempt to get up. And people are saying Tucker was in the wrong?

Comment

• Surprised at the "outrage" over PJ's actions yet so many love Oakley who had no problem socking someone in the mouth.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                        Surprised at the "outrage" over PJ's actions yet so many love Oakley who had no problem socking someone in the mouth.
                        Millennials.

Comment

• When men play sports and there is contact sometimes tempers flare and guys get punched in the face. I mean it was dirty, but I'd rather have that dirt on my team than on the opposing team.

Basketball fights are typically pathetic. I'm just impressed that he hit him closed fisted as opposed to the whole slap happy, "hold me back, man, hold me back!" stuff that usually goes down.
                          Last edited by Apollo; Fri Feb 24, 2017, 12:45 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            When men play sports and there is contact sometimes tempers flare and guys get punched in the face. I mean it was dirty, but I'd rather have that dirt on my team than on the opposing team.

Basketball fights are typically pathetic. I'm just impressed that he hit him closed fisted as opposed to the whole slap happy, "hold me back, man, hold me back!" stuff that usually goes down.
                            Pretty much.

PJ is one of those players you hate to play against and love to have.

Personally I don't care if softie Blake (who was basically just pinning him down) got punched in the mouth. At least there was some basis for it. On the flip side if PJ was Blake and broke his fist punching a staff member then I'd be less inclined to support him but hey he can't be that big of a jerk if he's in a Kia commercial.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                              Pretty much.

PJ is one of those players you hate to play against and love to have.

Personally I don't care if softie Blake (who was basically just pinning him down) got punched in the mouth. At least there was some basis for it. On the flip side if PJ was Blake and broke his fist punching a staff member then I'd be less inclined to support him but hey he can't be that big of a jerk if he's in a Kia commercial.
                              Or Enes Kanter fought a chair and the chair won.

Comment

• who is outraged? it was a stupid thing to do and he got ejected. it's just plain dumb to say "we need that". would rather keep him in the game. hopefully, like i said, there are enough cooler heads to keep whatever temper he has in check.

Comment

Working...
                                X