Everything PJ Tucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    ... I don't think any fan base deserves or pays money to see a fist fight at a basketball game. That was more to my point and I think that was clear.
    Don't want to start attracting hockey fans. Drive the price of seats further through the roof.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      Why did we let go of PJ in the first place?

I vaguely remember hearing he got in a fight with Rasho? Or was that just a dream lol ?
      He wasn't European.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Tucker is my type of player. Hard nosed defender, tough as nails, not sfraid to scrap it up if needed. Exact type of player this team needs.
        If were able to keep him he could be our poorman's Oakley.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
          Don't want to start attracting hockey fans. Drive the price of seats further through the roof.
          Lol, this is true. Some enjoy violence and it is part of some sports, just not basketball.

Comment

• I love this....every b-ball team needs an enforcer. We lost Johnson so here is our replacement.

Comment

• Retire his jersey

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post

Retire his jersey
                Build his statue next to Masai's

Comment

• Great energy off the bench in his first game, 1 point shy of a double double. Really like the depth of the team right now!
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• It appears his intensity sets a work standard for the team. It took a half for it to get most going but they did.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                      It appears his intensity sets a work standard for the team. It took a half for it to get most going but they did.
                      The kind of thing we hoped Carroll would bring (instead of always getting caught gambling or ballwatching on D).

It also looks like Tucker may thrive in the higher pressure environment of a winning team with postseason goals. Great pickup.

We now have no real holes in our roster. It's about as solid as you can get without having a truly elite player.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• “I think your toughness is your character. It’s what you bring. It’s energy. It’s more than just going and hitting people,” Tucker said. “Toughness is a mental something. It’s something you are born with and you gotta hone it and try to figure out a way to make it work for your team.”

Comment

• I love his quote "Demar doesn't talk as much, but were going to get him talking and that will improve the defense". He's keeping everyone accountable I love it.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            The kind of thing we hoped Carroll would bring (instead of always getting caught gambling or ballwatching on D).

It also looks like Tucker may thrive in the higher pressure environment of a winning team with postseason goals. Great pickup.

We now have no real holes in our roster. It's about as solid as you can get without having a truly elite player.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                            Well if I had to nitpick I would say we could still use a little 3pt shooting from the wing. It would have been nice if we picked up someone like Swaggy or something to replace the 3pt shooting we lost when we traded Ross but other then that, yeah we definitely look solid.

If this is what we can expect night in and night out, Tucker and Ibaka can completely change how this team plays. Personally I think Lowry, DD, Tucker, Pat, Ibaka should be the starting line up. That trio defensively is feels damn near special. I am really not trying to bash Carroll but like you said he is ALWAYS guilty of those things and after knee surgery he doesnt have the quickness to recover so there are multiple blow bys. Casey should be telling him to stay home and stop sagging because really he is doing nothing as he isnt committing to a double and just leaving a big hole in the defence. I seriously hope Tucker ends up taking his spot in the starting line up soon.

Comment

• "Lowry, DD, Tucker, Pat, Ibaka"

Id like to see a 2nd unit featuring JV as an option with shooters.

Lowry, Norm, DC, pp/Ibaka, JV.

When DD needs rest or is not playing well. Totally different look on offense.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                                "Lowry, DD, Tucker, Pat, Ibaka"

Id like to see a 2nd unit featuring JV as an option with shooters.

Lowry, Norm, DC, pp/Ibaka, JV.

When DD needs rest or is not playing well. Totally different look on offense.
                                If they are going to close with Ibaka at C regardless of matchup, there are plenty of minutes for JV in both bench units (Lowry and DD versions) even if he starts. For example, pull JV at the 6 minute mark like last night, then put him back in for the final 2 minutes and the first 5 minutes of the 1st/2nd Q's (same goes for 3rd/4th). Gives you the Ibaka/Pat transitional pairing in the middle of each Q and to close each half, and lots of JV/Pat, which has succeeded all year. Lines up JV for 26 minutes a night give or take, and Ibaka for 34 and Pat for just under 30 assuming you splash in a few minutes of Tucker at the 4 beside Ibaka in the middle of the 2nd and 4th Q's.

Could especially help that DD+bench unit, with Pat and Powell as the shooters and running a DD-JV two man game. Cory would have to mostly hand off and sit in the corner, but DD should be driving the offence on that unit anyway.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X