No announcement yet.

Everything PJ Tucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy really makes himself felt. From the ESPN feed "look at Tucker".

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      If they are going to close with Ibaka at C regardless of matchup, there are plenty of minutes for JV in both bench units (Lowry and DD versions) even if he starts. For example, pull JV at the 6 minute mark like last night, then put him back in for the final 2 minutes and the first 5 minutes of the 1st/2nd Q's (same goes for 3rd/4th). Gives you the Ibaka/Pat transitional pairing in the middle of each Q and to close each half, and lots of JV/Pat, which has succeeded all year. Lines up JV for 26 minutes a night give or take, and Ibaka for 34 and Pat for just under 30 assuming you splash in a few minutes of Tucker at the 4 beside Ibaka in the middle of the 2nd and 4th Q's.

Could especially help that DD+bench unit, with Pat and Powell as the shooters and running a DD-JV two man game. Cory would have to mostly hand off and sit in the corner, but DD should be driving the offence on that unit anyway.
      Yeah, I know you like JV screening for DD but I don't and want to split them up. DD doesn't hit JV on the roll and can't shoot or make entry passes to play inside out. Sometimes DD is flat so JV offers steady offensive production with efficiency and change of pace/style. That's a useful option and good use of JV.
      I'd like to focus more defensive lineups around DD like we saw last night, preferably with shooters. DD can't shoot or defend.

Depending matchup (shooting vs D)
      Kyle or Cory/DD/DC or PJ or np/Pj or pp/serge

DD/serge pnpop looked so much better than jv/DD pnroll to me.

Comment

• PJ brings it against the Trailblazers. Everything he did doesn't show up in the stats sheet, but they would have been in tough without him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          I realize this isn't BIG news; but for anyone who remembers when the Raps drafted Tucker in the 2nd Round, it was pretty well assumed that Tucker would NOT have an NBA career longer than his Rookie year ... Well, he's now got a 2 year Contract with the Suns. Good for him!

Not sure what kind of games he had in Summer League, but they must have been GOOD!

ADD Guess this should be in the NBA section.
          I have a feeling (lol) that he is ready enough to come back to To.

Comment

• Was listening to the TSN 1050 post-game show last night, when it was mentioned that DeRozan was on the Raptors when Tucker was drafted, lol.

I'm sure most RR forum members know more about the Raptors than half the media members who are paid to cover the team.

Comment

• The thing I love about PJ is he's a winner, plain and simple. We've had Casey's pet vets in the past, guys like Alan Anderson and Luis Scola, but PJ Tucker is a legit contributor who is going to deserve his minutes. The guy might actually be the real JYD 2.0.

Comment

• Jyd 3.0

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Jyd 3.0
                  I think we have to downgrade to Carroll to JYD 1.3 or something like that, with Tucker becoming the real JYD 2.0. Carroll has been kind of like those Windows upgrades that you immediately regretted after you installed.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    PJ brings it against the Trailblazers. Everything he did doesn't show up in the stats sheet, but they would have been in tough without him.
                    It's those intangibles that don't show up on the stat sheet which I thought was missing after Biz left. It's been night and day as far as effort, and toughness since PJ and Ibaka have been signed. Really love the new look Raptors and can't wait until Lowry gets back and they start putting teams away early and often. They're gonna be a bunch of cocky mofo's, lol

Comment

• Physically siakam reminds me of Jyd, just without the bbiq.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                        Physically siakam reminds me of Jyd, just without the bbiq.
                        Based on the fact that they both have very little skill?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post

Retire his jersey
                          More evidence that you should never listen to your wife, or your agent. Apparently, he went 30+ hours without sleeping prior to the Boston game. Makes his performance that much more incredible.

DanH wrote: View Post
                          If they are going to close with Ibaka at C regardless of matchup, there are plenty of minutes for JV in both bench units (Lowry and DD versions) even if he starts. For example, pull JV at the 6 minute mark like last night, then put him back in for the final 2 minutes and the first 5 minutes of the 1st/2nd Q's (~same goes for 3rd/4th~). Gives you the Ibaka/Pat transitional pairing in the middle of each Q and to close each half, and lots of JV/Pat, which has succeeded all year. Lines up JV for 26 minutes a night give or take, and Ibaka for 34 and Pat for just under 30 assuming you splash in a few minutes of Tucker at the 4 beside Ibaka in the middle of the 2nd and 4th Q's.
                          The only problem with your minutes breakdown is that Casey isn't playing JV late 3rd quarter early 4th quarter minutes. Versus Boston Casey went to Bebe for all of those minutes (and almost blew the game), and went to Poeltl against the Blazers. Poeltl did alright, but I'd still rather see those minutes go to JV, unless it's a 14ppt+ lead.

I still have concerns about Casey's rotations.

Anyone else notice PJ's ABF (Always Be Fouling) defensive philosophy? Forget 6 fouls per game, PJ fouls at least 6 times per defensive possession. I'm not complaining, I love it. But if you watch him, he is constantly pushing guys, or grabbing their jerseys. That type of in your body at all times defense is especially helpful in the playoffs when refs eat their whistles.

Just curious if anyone else notice this?
                          Last edited by ezz_bee; Mon Feb 27, 2017, 02:38 PM.
                          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            Physically siakam reminds me of Jyd, just without the bbq.
                            Fixed it for you. Siakam needs more meat on those bones!
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                              More evidence that you should never listen to your wife, or your agent. Apparently, he went 30+ hours without sleeping prior to the Boston game. Makes his performance that much more incredible.

The only problem with your minutes breakdown is that Casey isn't playing JV late 3rd quarter early 4th quarter minutes. Versus Boston Casey went to Bebe for all of those minutes (and almost blew the game), and went to Poeltl against the Blazers. Poeltl did alright, but I'd still rather see those minutes go to JV, unless it's a 14ppt+ lead.

I still have concerns about Casey's rotations.

Anyone else notice PJ's ABF (Always Be Fouling) defensive philosophy? Forget 6 fouls per game, PJ fouls at least 6 times per defensive possession. I'm not complaining, I love it. But if you watch him, he is constantly pushing guys, or grabbing their jerseys. That type of in your body at all times defense is especially helpful in the playoffs when refs eat their whistles.

Just curious if anyone else notice this?
                              You are correct that PJ always be foulin. It's a hidden secret about playing with an edge: if you're ALWAYS playing physical, rough, you get away with ticky tack shit
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                You are correct that PJ always be foulin. It's a hidden secret about playing with an edge: if you're ALWAYS playing physical, rough, you get away with ticky tack shit
                                It's basically been how Memphis has played defence for a half decade or so.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X