Everything PJ Tucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    who is outraged? it was a stupid thing to do and he got ejected. it's just plain dumb to say "we need that". would rather keep him in the game. hopefully, like i said, there are enough cooler heads to keep whatever temper he has in check.
    I'm happy they have a guy with a little bit of a mean streak in him. How many years have I watched Raptors teams get punked all over the court and generally respond with the look of deer caught in the headlights.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      I'm happy they have a guy with a little bit of a mean streak in him. How many years have I watched Raptors teams get punked all over the court and generally respond with the look of deer caught in the headlights.
      i'm the last person who would disagree with that. big fan of physical basketball. like i said, lots of ways to beat up on guys while helping your team. that's way more meaningful.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Sportsmanship_Award

There's no award for dirtiest player. I don't consider PJ dirty (like Barnes), I like PJ, he just made a mistake.

Great players are intimidating bc they're excellent at bball. It's a lot more intimidating to face Steph Curry than matt Barnes.

Many of these dirty players also struggle off the court bc they have a bigger personal problem. It's not something to encourage, they actually need help.
        Yeah well, not everybody can be steph curry, and either way 450 tiny finesse shooters would be pretty boring to watch. Btw steph has draymond, and if he didn't the wouldn't be as good as they are.

Your last paragraph is insulting to the gritty guys who got to the pros by taking no shit. You're insinuating a lot of guys who play with an edge have personal problems and need help? Easy james dolan. As a millenial, (30 y.o) I'm offended. I know players and peoole from all walks of life that have personal problems, and I'd like to see proof of a correlation you're talking about.

Anyways, welcome to the raps pj tucker. May you never have to punch anybody in the face, but if somebody punks you or your teammates, I'm in your corner.
        Last edited by KeonClark; Fri Feb 24, 2017, 02:03 PM.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I would have no problem with Tucker punching Pierce in the face. Eff that guy and everything Celtics.

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/los-angeles/nba/...ory?id=5698248

Here's an article about Metta world Peace. He's gone from Malace at the palace to "I love basketball" because he got help.

He was made a spectacle on Kimmel, appearing in his underwear. Similar to Rob Ford and his drug addiction on that show, Metta was unwell and that was exploited.
            It's a sickness to take pleasure in the suffering of others. It's not a joke.

Unfortunately, what doesn't get attention is that Metta advocates to children about the importance of seeking help.

We don't have to look hard to find a positive model in raps history - Biz is tough guy and doesn't take shit. He's also seems like a great guy/teammate and very inspiring imo. I don't see him stooping to dirty tricks, he just works hard.

Anyway, I'm old enough (no need to stereotype millenials) to remember PJ being drafted. Always liked him, great toughness, he just made a mistake. Yes, Blake played a role and he has a bae rep for it - that's on him. It's understandable that PJ responded like that but it's better not to stoop to that level and to focus on rising above with your play.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              PJ doesn't punch a lot of guys faces so I think it's okay. He is known for getting technical fouls (9 so far this year, 4 last year, 8 the year before). Not many but does get them.

I don't have an issue with it. He's a fierce competitor.. and that's a good thing.
              exactly. Now let's compare him to Matt Barnes. Who's more "punchy" between those two? It's Barnes by 2000 miles

Comment

http://www.espn.com/los-angeles/nba/...ory?id=5698248

Here's an article about Metta world Peace. He's gone from Malace at the palace to "I love basketball" because he got help.

He was made a spectacle on Kimmel, appearing in his underwear. Similar to Rob Ford and his drug addiction on that show, Metta was unwell and that was exploited.

Unfortunately, what doesn't get attention is that Metta advocates to children about the importance of seeking help.

We don't have to look hard to find a positive model in raps history - Biz is tough guy and doesn't take shit. He's also seems like a great guy/teammate and very inspiring imo. I don't see him stooping to dirty tricks, he just works hard.

Anyway, I'm old enough (no need to stereotype millenials) to remember PJ being drafted. Always liked him, great toughness, he just made a mistake. Yes, Blake played a role and he has a bae rep for it - that's on him. It's understandable that PJ responded like that but it's better not to stoop to that level and to focus on rising above with your play.
                ....Tucker is a great addition, fills a need, can hit the 3....
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                  ....Tucker is a great addition, fills a need, can hit the 3....
                  Agreed, except for the 3s. Norm, pat and DMC are ok-ish but Delon, PJ and DD are all suspect. Hopefully Lowry and Ibaka can hit at a high clip. We've struggled at times with our role players missing those shots.

Comment

• Why did we let go of PJ in the first place?

I vaguely remember hearing he got in a fight with Rasho? Or was that just a dream lol ?
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                      Why did we let go of PJ in the first place?

I vaguely remember hearing he got in a fight with Rasho? Or was that just a dream lol ?
                      I think the quick & easy answer is that he really sucked.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                        Why did we let go of PJ in the first place?

He just wasn't very good?

Comment

http://www.espn.com/los-angeles/nba/...ory?id=5698248

What the hell is happening in this thread now? Are you implying cause he punched some guy on the floor he has severe enough mental issues that he is unstable and need medication and counselling? Good god. Stuff like this is why Raps fans don't deserve nice things.....

Comment

• Let's try to keep the broad stroking stereotypes to a minimum gents.

He's a hard nosed defender who fits an immediate need as that 3/4 hybrid stopper off the bench.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Tucker is my type of player. Hard nosed defender, tough as nails, not sfraid to scrap it up if needed. Exact type of player this team needs.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                What the hell is happening in this thread now? Are you implying cause he punched some guy on the floor he has severe enough mental issues that he is unstable and need medication and counselling? Good god. Stuff like this is why Raps fans don't deserve nice things.....
                                I think you have inferred your own implications from my statements. Particularly, the "nice things" comment seems unrelated and your own idea.
                                I like PJ, as stated, repeatedly. He's a "nice thing" and raps fans deserve that. Ive never thought or stated otherwise. I don't think any fan base deserves or pays money to see a fist fight at a basketball game. That was more to my point and I think that was clear.

Comment

Working...
                                X