Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KHD wrote: View Post
    nobody needs that.
    ... except this team. Too many nice guys.

Bebe could learn a thing or two from him

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
      Raps have needed a player like this for a while
      Rather be the puncher than the punchee
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Rather be the puncher than the punchee
        Somebody gets it

Comment

Small sample, yes, but he can definitely be of service with physical man-to-man defense like this.

Comment

nobody needs that.
            +1

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
              +1
              This is pro sports my friend, this ain't kumbaya barney sing along. Believe it or not intimidation is a factor. I don't know if you've ever played competitive team sports but it's really important to have guys you feel like have your back and will go to battle with you. We can't have a team of Johnny Rulebooks

Comment

This is pro sports my friend, this ain't kumbaya barney sing along. Believe it or not intimidation is a factor. I don't know if you've ever played competitive team sports but it's really important to have guys you feel like have your back and will go to battle with you. We can't have a team of Johnny Rulebooks
                Rather have a teammate that ''has my back'' because I can relate on him at both ends of the floor than a teammate who punches guys from the other team... punch them with your play instead.. and he can intimidate with his terrifying defense .but yeah... really happy we have that guy now

Comment

For good reason, in sports (as in life), there are rules because sometimes players act inappropriately and the rights of all players must be protected. That's why Tucker was ejected. You can't compete or contribute, if you can't play. Blake dropped 37 on 14/16. He wasn't intimidated. Tucker was frustrated and out of control. He acted foolishly and let his team down.
                  When I play sports, I'm focused on winning. Not that my personal life has anything to do with you or PJ Tucker. No personal comments.

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
                    For good reason, in sports (as in life), there are rules because sometimes players act inappropriately and the rights of all players must be protected. That's why Tucker was ejected. You can't compete or contribute, if you can't play. Blake dropped 37 on 14/16. He wasn't intimidated. Tucker was frustrated and out of control. He acted foolishly and let his team down.
                    When I play sports, I'm focused on winning. Not that my personal life has anything to do with you or PJ Tucker. No personal comments.
                    PJ Tucker is our best wing defender. And every team should have an enforcer. Now we have a real one. I don't care if he punched Blake, that was a while ago.

Teams are going to Remember the Night they Played the RAPTORS!
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

you guys are ridiculous if you think there's anything positive about what he did.

There's no excuse for his actions. hopefully we have enough old heads around to keep him from being a dumbass.

also, i like how you think that because i don't think its good to punch people in the face that clearly means i have never played sports. nice argument. I've played a lot of basketball. there are all kinds of legal ways to beat the shit out of each other in the post and on box-outs. Plus those ways actually help your team. Lets stick to those if you want "physical presence" and "intimidation".

Comment

you guys are ridiculous if you think there's anything positive about what he did.

There's no excuse for his actions. hopefully we have enough old heads around to keep him from being a dumbass.

also, i like how you think that because i don't think its good to punch people in the face that clearly means i have never played sports. nice argument. I've played a lot of basketball. there are all kinds of legal ways to beat the shit out of each other in the post and on box-outs. Plus those ways actually help your team. Lets stick to those if you want "physical presence" and "intimidation".
                        You've never made a mistake before?

You make it sound like the guy is going out there clocking guys all the time. It was an isolated incident. And it was a mistake.

The guys is a physical bully defender. He wears players down and gets in their head (just ask DeMar).

I don't understand why this is even a discussion topic.
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

Yeah obviously it's never "okay" to punch people in the face but it's great to have a player that you know WOULD punch someone in the face if necessary. Sort of like Biyombo last season except PJ is proven in that area.

Comment

Yeah obviously it's never "okay" to punch people in the face but it's great to have a player that you know WOULD punch someone in the face if necessary. Sort of like Biyombo last season except PJ is proven in that area.
                            I think it would have been okay if Oakley had punched Dolan last week....
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

+1. How do people not understand this basic premise? It applies to people, countries, etc...., aka "...speak softly and carry a big stick." You rarely, if ever, the stick. But everybody needs to know that you have that stick and if they cross that line, you will use it.

Not even sure why people are getting upset about this. PJ isn't going around and punching guys in the face every few games. And pretty much everyone in the NBA wants to punch Blake Griffin in the face, including his own teammates and training staff.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                                You've never made a mistake before?

You make it sound like the guy is going out there clocking guys all the time. It was an isolated incident. And it was a mistake.

The guys is a physical bully defender. He wears players down and gets in their head (just ask DeMar).

I don't understand why this is even a discussion topic.
                                It's 2017. Everything is "horrifying" and "offensive"

Yeah, tucker went over the line. But that's part of what makes him tucker. He is feared, disliked, annoying or some combination of the 3 by a lot of opponents. And in a 7 game series that will prove crucial.

Not really interested in winning the nice guy awards. Theres no trophy for "most sportsmanlike" at the end of the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X