Raptors Republic Report Cards - Antoine Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Republic Report Cards - Antoine Wright

Today, grade and discuss Antoine Wright.

Antoine Wright

2009-10 Statistics

PPG 6.5
    RPG 2.8
    APG 1.1
    SPG 0.4
    BPG 0.2
    FG% 0.406
    FT% 0.688
    3P% 0.335
    MPG 20.8
    A
    0.00%
    B
    10.00%
    C
    60.00%
    D
    30.00%
    F
    0.00%

I'll give Wright a C. I mean he delivered what should have been expected, decent minutes from time to time.

Comment

I gave him a "D". I have to say I expected more than what we got from him. I mean, towards the latter part of the year he was a solid contributor, but from the get go I expected him to step and being the best perimeter defender we had. I didn't see that. Very inconsistent and streaky on offense, but the one thing I appreciated the most was how vocal he was on a team of mutes.

Comment

Yeah, I expected more too but I think that I was a little over enthusiastic.

I think he did a decent job compared to prior years with past teams.

Comment

He did everything I expected him to except for that woefully inconsistent offense. B

Comment

I would give him a C-.

The one big expectation I had of him, based on everything we heard from the GM, coaching staff, NBA experts and the media, was that he was the one lock-down defender the Raptors could count on last season. I personally thought he ended up being nothing but hype. His defense may have been slightly above average, but certainly nothing close to being lock-down. On the offensive end, he was invisible for half the season, then inconsistent for the rest of it. He often took terrible shots and/or tried to do too much, and so often it seemed to come at the worst possible time. Plus his "talking" came across as being moody and selfish. I won't miss him.
            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Apr 27, 2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

D -- Antoine played very well relative to his talent ... but he should never have been given as many minutes as he was.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
              X