Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    The way the ref called the butler foul was a bit strange. He watched the ball until it was clearly gonna be short and then quickly made the call. He didn't make the call on the release. His head followed the ball. Only other thing to me was that he was looked back after the shot and called smart for crowding butler's landing spot on the way down. If so, thats really weak call for last shot to win. The other ref never flinched and he was equidistant with clear line of sight.
    I believe we've run into mr Zarba before

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      What? You can make gifs at Frinkiac too??? Oh the possibilities....
      Sure can.

https://morbotron.com/gif/S03E09/1239921/1243892/

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Make no mistake tho guys. If we keep playing like this, teams like Spurs gonna blow us out by 20 every fucking day. Need to get back to basic stuff. Ibaka will help obviously.
        Like what?
        First 15 mins or so of ball movement, decent D & some iso -result up by 14;
        Next 20 mins or so (rest of 2nd Q & all of 3rd): Iso, more iso, poor D -result down by 31.
        Fourth Q: Perfect team BBall with "Spurs like" ball movement, lots of dribble penetration; Solid D (yes, against lousy team, but still solid) with active hands;
        Result: Won Q by 22.

Why are there only 2 people (Casey & Demar) that don't understand (and are not willing to make changes)?
        Mind boggling!
        Now, Demar is a solid iso player with very good mid-range game, but when that becomes predictable (which is often, esp when Kyle gives him a ball at half court & -you know the rest).

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
          As someone pointed out basketball is mental and for some reason Demar has lost his positive decision making of early season. Early if his shot was not going he became a distributor then came back to his shot later when the opposing team had to adjust to his distributor mode. He seems to not to have that flexibility and mental strength now.
          And that makes his shot (or iso play) sooo much more difficult to guard.

Comment

• Game #58: Boston Celtics 97 - Toronto Raptors 107

vs.

Projected Starters
            Boston Toronto
            PG - Isaiah Thomas PG - Kyle Lowry
            SG - Marcus Smart SG - Demar Derozan
            SF - Jae Crowder SF - Demarre Carroll
            PF - Amir Johnson PF - Serge Ibaka
            C - Al Horford C - Jonas Valanciunas

Last Meeting
            GAME 50 - FEBRUARY 1, 2017BOSTON 109, TORONTO 104
            Isaiah Thomas scored 19 of his 44 points in the final quarter to lift the Boston Celtics over the Toronto Raptors 109-104 … Thomas had 18 of Boston's final 23 points … The Celtics outscored Toronto 32-19 in the fourth to capture their fifth straight victory… Jae Crowder scored 14 points for Boston and Al Horford had 11 … The Celtics trailed by as many as 18 points midway through the third quarter before cutting the deficit to single digits early in the fourth ... The Raptors led 62-51 at the half … Kyle Lowry led Toronto with 32 points, former Celtic Jared Sullinger had 13 and Norman Powell added 12 … The Raptors have lost seven of nine … DeMar DeRozan was out for the fifth time in six games with a right ankle injury … Toronto shot 53 per cent from the field but shot a season-low 56 per cent (14-for-25) at the free throw line.

Noteworthy
            • Down 17 points after three quarters Feb. 15 vs. Charlotte, Toronto outscored the Hornets 32-10 in the fourth quarter for its largest comeback victory of the season. The win also tied the third largest fourth quarter comeback in franchise history.

• According to Elias, it was only the sixth time in the shot-clock era that a team outscored its opponent
            by 20-or-more points in the fourth after being outscored in the third quarter by at least 20 points.

• Kyle Lowry is averaging 30.0 points and 5.3 assists, while shooting 56 percent (28-for-50) from the field in three games versus the Celtics this year.

• Toronto entered NBA All-Star Weekend with 33 victories. This is the fourth consecutive season the Raptors reached the All-Star break with a +.500 record and third straight year the team won at least 30 games.

• Serge Ibakas 89 playoff appearances is the most on the Raptors current roster, 42 games more than the next closest player (DeMarre Carroll).

• Dwane Casey is four wins away from his 300th career coaching victory. There are currently 10 active head coaches in the NBA with 300+ career victories and eight with a +.500-winning percentage

• Jonas Valanciunas has scored in double figures in nine of the last 10 games (Jan. 29 - Feb. 15). During this stretch, he is averaging 15.1 points while shooting .578 (63-for-109) from the field.

• Kyle Lowry has made at least four three-pointers in five consecutive games (Feb. 6-15). He is shooting .429 (21-for-49) from beyond the arc during this stretch.

• With the addition of Serge Ibaka (Republic of Congo), the Raptors have seven players on the roster born outside of the United States, which his tied with Utah for the most in the NBA.

Injury Report
            Patrick Patterson - Probable Left knee contusion

Be Well TRoss.

GO RAPS!!

Comment

• Sorry Cody. Game thread needed to Happen.

Comment

• Joey, I thought I was supposed to ride out the streak! What happened to that? We WON out last game, did we not?
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Yesssssssssssss
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    Joey, I thought I was supposed to ride out the streak! What happened to that? We WON out last game, did we not?
                    Sure, but where is the Game Thread?? Lol People are getting antsy!

If you wanted to create it, thats fine, I can just remove this. Just wanted to make sure everyone had a game thread.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Sure, but where is the Game Thread?? Lol People are getting antsy!

If you wanted to create it, thats fine, I can just remove this. Just wanted to make sure everyone had a game thread.
                      Nah, I'm not salty. I've been asleep all day..... was up the majority of the night & missed the deadline completely. I wanted to wake up to enjoy the game, as I thought we were done. But we added Tucker at the last second.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        Nah, I'm not salty. I've been asleep all day..... was up the majority of the night & missed the deadline completely. I wanted to wake up to enjoy the game, as I thought we were done. But we added Tucker at the last second.
                        Cool. Well let it be known, that this game is part of Cody's Win Streak if/when we get it.

Comment

• Hell fuckin yeah. Before the break I was actually dreading going to this game. So hyped to have tickets now!!

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                            Hell fuckin yeah. Before the break I was actually dreading going to this game. So hyped to have tickets now!!
                            Damn. Thats pretty awesome man ... you'll be there to witness the dawn of a new era!
                            Last edited by Joey; Thu Feb 23, 2017, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Thats pretty awesome ...
                              Lol 🖕

Comment

• Statement game, we are comin' for you Boston!

Comment

Working...
                                X