Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    You should watch Area 21. He's doing a pretty good job IMO
    Yeah when you get over his animated way of talking he actually gives great insight.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      Yeah when you get over his animated way of talking he actually gives great insight.
      I actually like his way of talking, gives the show a bit more entertainment and humor.

Comment

• As many of you may suspect and in the interests of transperancy I am an avowed Chowderhead hater. Just want to get that out front.

Does anyone else see a parallel between Danny Ainge and Glen Sather ?

Both guys have had one incredible sized horseshoe fall outta their ass once and its made their careers. For Sather it was the draft year where he picked Kevin Lowe, fell into Mark Messier and followed that hard eight up with Glen Anderson. The following year he lucked into Jarri Kurri along with Paul Coffey. After those two drafts he did nothing. Nada. Nyet. Shit on a stick. Yet Slats rode those drafts forever to his current role of senator in James Dolans MSG circus.

Ainge is not all that different. Danny boy had the good fortune to have a Russian mob guy in Prokhorov buy a basketball team then instruct his GM Billy King to stock it with name brand players at any price. Ainge got to Billy first and King with no options really had to buy the declining Pierce and Garnett for what seems to be 1000 first round draft picks. Danny did make a trade for IT but really hasn't done much with the truckload of draft picks he has amassed.

Two guys held in high esteem for being more fortunate than industrious.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Feb 24, 2017, 06:54 PM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Agree. But to start off...Ainge had McHale...bud & ex teamate/Celtic...who caressed Garnett to Boston imo. And that got the dominoes started.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
            Oh yeah...he is/was just passionate as hell about the game!

Said this about Tucker but KG is one of those players you hate to play against but love to have on your team. Think of how Biz's energy would get his whole team going....now imagine a player that is HOF talent being at the center of it and actually leading your team. Before his last injury with the Celtics he was THE general of the team, that Celtic defence was awesome. I actually loved watching how gritty and physical they were with teams (that weren't us lol) and you had KG's adrenaline just firing up his team the entire time. Getting not only in the opponent's heads but getting his soldiers fighting tooth and nail too. I would LOVE to have a guy like that on our squad any day.
            But I do have a sneaky suspicion that KG is still more bark than bite...intimidating with snark & trashn but probably never confront anyone physically (like PJ maybe?). I don't recall any Barkley-Shaq type physical confrontations. But, what a player!

Comment

• Lowry out with a wrist injury.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I hear PJ is playing tonight....lowry out (wrist)...sigh!

Comment

• I'm sure we all remember lowry icing his wrists at the stupid lazy stars exhibition game. Great.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    As many of you may suspect and in the interests of transperancy I am an avowed Chowderhead hater. Just want to get that out front.

Does anyone else see a parallel between Danny Ainge and Glen Sather ?

Both guys have had one incredible sized horseshoe fall outta their ass once and its made their careers. For Sather it was the draft year where he picked Kevin Lowe, fell into Mark Messier and followed that hard eight up with Glen Anderson. The following year he lucked into Jarri Kurri along with Paul Coffey. After those two drafts he did nothing. Nada. Nyet. Shit on a stick. Yet Slats rode those drafts forever to his current role of senator in James Dolans MSG circus.

Ainge is not all that different. Danny boy had the good fortune to have a Russian mob guy in Prokhorov buy a basketball team then instruct his GM Billy King to stock it with name brand players at any price. Ainge got to Billy first and King with no options really had to buy the declining Pierce and Garnett for what seems to be 1000 first round draft picks. Danny did make a trade for IT but really hasn't done much with the truckload of draft picks he has amassed.

Two guys held in high esteem for being more fortunate than industrious.
                    No, I disagree entirely. Read the history of the formation of the Big 3. http://www.si.com/nba/2015/07/31/bos...l-pierce-trade

Then consider that Ainge traded Rondo (and Dwight Powell) for Crowder and a first, then signed Crowder to one of the best team bargains in the NBA.

Also look at how he acquired Isaiah Thomas. http://basketball.realgm.com/article...-Isaiah-Thomas

Finally, he took a risk on hiring a very young unproven coach and then empowered him to run the team without interference.

Now all of that is in addition to risking the serious outrage that came with dealing a beloved Hall of Fame, championship winning player like Paul Pierce, not to mention KG. It looks simple enough now but at the time it was a controversial move for Boston fans. Now you would think it must have been graded an A+ trade, but SI and BR both graded it a B.

Ainge has his flaws, but he is very, very shrewd. It's not at all luck that has led to Boston's position.
                    Last edited by Scraptor; Fri Feb 24, 2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• C'mon Delon!!

Comment

• So he hurt his wrist against the Hornets last week? if it's this serious? then why play or attend the all star game?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Ugh!!!!!!!! Why Lowry why!
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            So he hurt his wrist against the Hornets last week? if it's this serious? then why play or attend the all star game?
                            Right! Not that it would have made much of a difference if he sat out but still. And especially hearing that it's not a one day thing and he will probably not come back until next week is just so frustrating.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• It looks like Kyle didn't let on about the injury because he thought it would get better on it's own. Smh. I feel he's done this before and he needs to stop that. If you're injured let people know early and take time off.

Comment

• He participated in the 3pt contest too smh...
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X