No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to know we're not the only one with the Chicago curse!

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      Here's the video of IT on the flagrant by DC

https://youtu.be/NXaG8t88h88
      Admittedly a bit of an IT fan boy but still I think hes right. Dude got shoved from behind going full speed, definitely not a basketball play. The whole, "these new players are all soft" seems pretty much bologna. These guys play 82 games at a faster pace than ever before with more screens than before etc. If someone takes a game off they get trashed on the internet.

Comment

• I'm a little scared. They've got a dynamite backcourt and Aminu is probable for the game. Good chance he gives DeMar troubles on offense. And if he can't score: game over.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          I'm a little scared. They've got a dynamite backcourt and Aminu is probable for the game. Good chance he gives DeMar troubles on offense. And if he can't score: game over.
          Powell & Tucker better shut down McCollum & Lillard for us.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            Admittedly a bit of an IT fan boy but still I think hes right. Dude got shoved from behind going full speed, definitely not a basketball play. The whole, "these new players are all soft" seems pretty much bologna. These guys play 82 games at a faster pace than ever before with more screens than before etc. If someone takes a game off they get trashed on the internet.
            I don't think the play was all that bad. IT tried to push off, their arms got a bit tangled and Carroll pushed back. IT just happens to be a lot smaller than Carroll and physics took care of the rest. The whole thing is overblown.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              So applying this logic then JV is the best C in the NBA because he plays for the Raptors and this is a Raptor forum.

Lowry is the MVP of MVP regardless of how many trophies Curry or LeBron have.

Demar is the greatest scorer in the NBA. Durant who?
              LOL - What on earth?

How did we go from saying Stevens is being overrated and hasn't proven anything yet, to the unbelievable statements you are now making??

I just find it odd that some are going out of their own way to discredit our coach (who has improved our record EVERY SINGLE SEASON and coached us to the EAST Finals last season) while also defending a coach of a rival team (who hasn't done anything of significance YET)......

Has the Celtics made it out of the first round under Stevens yet? I'm not saying that he isn't a good coach....I'm just wondering where all these definitive statements are coming from......

It must be that some just never liked Casey and want him gone.

We can also say that Casey had the Raptors overachieving over the years as well.

Maybe Stevens is better In some aspects of coaching while Casey is better in others.

We're not talking about Popavich so there's an actual debate and until Stevens actually gets somewhere I think Casey's winning it.

Head to head

Casey wins 3-1 this season

Overall (the past 4 seasons)

Casey wins 11-5

Of course you can make excuses on both sides but this year should be no excuses. Also, they barely beat us in the game that they even won this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                I'm a little scared. They've got a dynamite backcourt and Aminu is probable for the game. Good chance he gives DeMar troubles on offense. And if he can't score: game over.
                Meh. The Blazers have been awful lately and only avoided a horrible loss in Orlando due to Shabazz Napier.....

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  I'm certainly not revising history...lol. But if you want to base your opinion solely on folklore and beliefs of former coaches honesty than so be it. After the Rudy Gay trade and even through the following season few posters here thought the raps had the foundation necessary to get where they are today. I don't doubt at all that Billups or Masai helped motivate Lowry to become the player he is today, or that any number of other people may have helped him "grow up". Lowry certainly deserves alot of credit, and I'm not doing him a disservice. I'm not stupid, Casey can't make Lowry hit 3's lol. He has to do that himself. Players have to perform, and much of their performance is on them as far as I'm concerned.

But what I do know is, and this is fact, not folklore or opinion, that Casey was the head coach through all of this improvement that the team has shown. That must account for something. Does he deserve all the credit? Of course not. But you're the one doing the disservice here, to Casey, by completely ignoring the contributions he has made to help get this team to where it is.

And I stress again, I don't think Casey is some amazing coach. He has his limitations for sure. And if Brad Stevens is getting a mediocre roster to overachieve, I was originally pointing out that it wasn't so long ago that our roster was considered to be of a very similar caliber to Boston's (or worse), and yet those teams enjoyed a similar level of success that Boston has achieved the recently.
                  lol. You took my 'folklore' comment literally in the worst context. Oh well. That Masai/Lowry history comes from direct interviews & quotes on multiple occasions. All public record. I thought everybody around here knew that, but maybe it's only the hardcore fans.

Another thing people are glossing over is the historically weak eastern conference and specifically the Atlantic division, over the last 4 years, with many teams actively tanking, including the Celtics.
                  Last edited by golden; Sun Feb 26, 2017, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    lol. You took my 'folklore' comment literally in the worst context. Oh well. That Masai/Lowry history comes from direct interviews & quotes on multiple occasions. All public record. I thought everybody around here knew that, but maybe it's only the hardcore fans.
                    What you're saying makes no sense. lol

We're all hardcore fans on here. Even some hardcore fans know that's it's not just Lowry and Masai who deserves credit. You're forgetting Demar, Casey, PPatt and a whole bunch of other people.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                      LOL - What on earth?

How did we go from saying Stevens is being overrated and hasn't proven anything yet, to the unbelievable statements you are now making??

I just find it odd that some are going out of their own way to discredit our coach (who has improved our record EVERY SINGLE SEASON and coached us to the EAST Finals last season) while also defending a coach of a rival team (who hasn't done anything of significance YET)......

Has the Celtics made it out of the first round under Stevens yet? I'm not saying that he isn't a good coach....I'm just wondering where all these definitive statements are coming from......

It must be that some just never liked Casey and want him gone.

We can also say that Casey had the Raptors overachieving over the years as well.

Maybe Stevens is better In some aspects of coaching while Casey is better in others.

We're not talking about Popavich so there's an actual debate and until Stevens actually gets somewhere I think Casey's winning it.

Head to head

Casey wins 3-1 this season

Overall (the past 4 seasons)

Casey wins 11-5

Of course you can make excuses on both sides but this year should be no excuses. Also, they barely beat us in the game that they even won this season.

Yeah the excuse is we have a better team of players.

So if Casey coached the Warriors to 55 wins that would be all the evidence necessary that he's a very good coach?

Let me ask you this. You and Christian. What is it that you like / appreciate so much about Caseys coaching? Specifically? I and others have broken down in detail what we don't like about his coaching, please can you break down in detail what you do like about his coaching. Not just wins and losses please. What is Casey doing better than an average or below average NBA head coach to maximize our chance of winning? Thank you.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

So if Casey coached the Warriors to 55 wins that would be all the evidence necessary that he's a very good coach?

Let me ask you this. You and Christian. What is it that you like / appreciate so much about Caseys coaching? Specifically? I and others have broken down in detail what we don't like about his coaching, please can you break down in detail what you do like about his coaching. Not just wins and losses please. What is Casey doing better than an average or below average NBA head coach to maximize our chance of winning? Thank you.
                        So you bring up the warriors like we had similar rosters the last 4 seasons.... lol

Wins and losses are all that matter!

You make it seems so easy.....You think you know it all don't you?

Masai chose to keep Casey and even Extended him. I think I'm gonna side with Masai on this one and I think Masai's thinking lines up closer to mine and Christian's than yours and many of the others.

Remember Demar and how we handled his free agency? Is that how you would've done it? Remember Casey's new contract and getting his type of players? You'll see once again.

If you have a definite upgrade then by all means, you let go of Casey..... But you don't change a coach for the sake (which is what most of you are suggesting). You claim anyone is better and that's rubbish.

Here's a question for you..... Who do bring in?? Who's available and a clear upgrade?

Regardless, you're wasting your time because I don't see Casey going anywhere anytime soon.

I'm very skeptical of your suggestions because I remember you wanted us to trade Demar for scraps or just let him walk for nothing. That wasn't a very smart thing to do then and in retrospect it would've been a really dumb thing to do.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Last game Portland started the front court of Harkless-Vonleh-Nurkic.

Vonleh has been starting at PF often lately for them and Nurkic is the C for them.

Aminu missed their last game with a knee injury too, so if he's out then that is a decent boost as he's probably their best defender.

McCollum and Lillard are the offence. CoJo worries me in this matchup.

Raps are the better team but as we saw before the ASG break that doesn't matter if you don't show up and take care of business. Time for this team to get into playoff mode. 2nd half vs Boston is a great starting point.
                          The lack of defense was why not even a single shred of business was done before ASG. We got the defense now, no damn excuses son!

Comment

• It is 6pm Sunday, so a terrible fear has struck me now......

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Also, I just want to point out that Casey led the Raptors to a 56 win season last year.....Not the Warriors.... The Raptors.

Scola started the whole year and JV was injured for a good stretch. Biz started and Bebe (lol) was our backup. Demarre was injured pretty much the whole year as well....

So Casey accomplished this with no real SF (Norm, Ross and Demar are SGs)...No real Starting PFs......while integrating new players (Cojo, Norm, Biz, Scola).....

If you stop and think about it for 1 minute you'll start to see....

Comment

• I like that Casey benched DeMar in the Indy series and the odd time this yr. That was the first time I saw him as a coach. His job was on the line. Typically DeMar does what he wants and isn't accountable on D or for chucking.
                                Also the Charlotte game before the break. The wheels had fallen off the team and Casey made a desperate adjustment that paid off. We have a variety of talent and depth that doesn't get used bc Casey is rigid and old school.
                                We see him out coached in the playoffs too. We barely scrapped by mediocre teams, in part, bc Casey can't make in game adjustments a lot of the time. Typically, the adjustment is made the following game and the opposing coach has already devised a counter move.
                                JJ got fat on our bench last yr, now he's playing well. Plenty of times that the ball doesn't move that we should sub fvv for Cory or can't rebound so sub JV for bebe. But Casey always runs the engine the same way til it ceases up. You gotta keep it fluid imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X