No announcement yet.

Carroll/Thomas incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would just be interesting to see the NBA evaluation. He didn't do it? He did it but it doesn't matter?

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
      It would just be interesting to see the NBA evaluation. He didn't do it? He did it but it doesn't matter?
      They stated that they didn't think he intentionally made a gun gesture.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        They stated that they didn't think he intentionally made a gun gesture.
        Any info on what kind of a "gesture" IT "intended" to make?

Comment

I'm just surprised a league so concerned with appearances and the marketability of star players gave it a pass. I was watching the game with my 2 young kids and both asked "What is he doing??" on the slow-mo replay, they could tell it was something.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            Any info on what kind of a "gesture" IT "intended" to make?
            An argument can be made that he was simply just pointing at Carroll. I think the league made this decision because they predicted that the backlash could make them look bad if they had deemed that he was making a gun sign. I guarantee that you'd have plenty of tweets making the rounds along the lines of "black man points and NBA says he's making a gun sign" or "if a white player pointed like this nobody would assume he's making a gun sign."

To me it's pretty clear it was a gun sign. But whatever, to me it's not really a big deal. If anything it's just embarrassing for IT.

Comment

I'm not convinced he was trying to make a gun sign. Maybe he was, but it's certainly possible he was just pointing in his face too. And with that type of grey area, and IT likely saying that he was not making a gun sign, I'm not sure what the NBA can really do.

Comment

Sign the Hanson Brothers for the Boston/Raptors series

Comment

Remember when Reggie Miller used to make choking gestures taunting Spike Lee/The Knicks? In today's game, he'd probably be arrested for 15 years without parole.

Hell, I might get flagged for even posting this picture.

Comment

Does the finger gun gesture have another meaning like the choking gesture does?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Remember when Reggie Miller used to make choking gestures taunting Spike Lee/The Knicks? In today's game, he'd probably be arrested for 15 years without parole.

Hell, I might get flagged for even posting this picture.

That's offensive to people with no necks. Neckophobic. Reported and noted.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I might be the only Raptor fans who doesn't think that was a gun gesture at all. It looked like one, but that's probably Thomas "angry point" style. Some people point with their middle finger. Some people count to the number 3 by using their pinky, ring and middle finger (these people are called psychopaths).

I'm pretty sure in the heat of the moment nobodies first reaction is to use a cowboys and indians grade school gun on somebody
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          I might be the only Raptor fans who doesn't think that was a gun gesture at all. It looked like one, but that's probably Thomas "angry point" style. Some people point with their middle finger. Some people count to the number 3 by using their pinky, ring and middle finger (these people are called psychopaths).

I'm pretty sure in the heat of the moment nobodies first reaction is to use a cowboys and indians grade school gun on somebody
                          Agreed. I don't think it was much of anything. Just be happy Raptors won and the little shit got locked down

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

I heard that since Thomas' handgun didn't have the hammer cocked, he didn't break the NBA's in-game firearms safety regulations and therefore did not receive a fine. Also, reportedly he has a concealed carry permit for the weapon.

Safe use of firearms on display here, observe Mr. Bean's unsafe use of a loaded weapon with hammer cocked, also with questionable trigger control:

Now observe Thomas, the hammer is not cocked and he exhibits excellent trigger control, really no safety issues here at all thus no fine:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

For some reason I keep picturing the scene from Dinner for Schmucks where Steve Carrell and Zack Galifinakis' character engage in an imaginary gunfight scene. IT being child like in stature (in comparison to other NBA players) makes it all the more imaginable.

Comment

It looks like a gun to me, but I'm glad they didn't do anything beyond the technical foul.
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X