No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Horry has 7 rings. Michael Jordan has 6.

Horry > Jordan.

Simple math.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      LOL Really?
      Ya seriously. You're suggesting it's reliable to compare (in a vacuum) the accolades of an NBA lifer, to a guy with 3.5 years experience.

#LogicFail

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Ya seriously. You're suggesting it's reliable to compare (in a vacuum) the accolades of an NBA lifer, to a guy with 3.5 years experience.

#LogicFail
        Essentially Casey has coached better than Stevens in 2 months despite having a few extra years of coaching.

The defence rest your honour.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Robert Horry has 7 rings. Michael Jordan has 6.

Horry > Jordan.

Simple math.
          Reading comprehension is a must.

I simply stated the facts as i see them. The only statements i made was that I think Stevens is overrated and i don't think Stevens is better than Casey.....I never said Casey was better than Stevens. I think they're both in the same tier for now with Casey having an edge in head to head and recent playoffs (East Finals)..

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Yeah you're dreaming if you think we'll play better without Lowry. If you havent noticed, we were trailing by double digits last three games and Derozan was scoring 30+. Its not sustainable

And in both those games, it was the defense that allowed the Raptors to come back and win the games. Prior to the All-Star break, I think many people would feel that both of those games would have ended up as losses.

I want to iterate I'm talking about the off-season

I agree that you're not going to be able to plug Cory or Delon into Lowry's position and run the same system, and get the same results. But that system may be able to evolve and be one that moves the ball more (which a number of fans have been complaining about this year) because of the relative scoring balance on the roster.

Should MLSE decide that they don't want to pay the massive salary that retaining the entire roster would entail (which has been covered in another thread), they have a number of options. Because they're trying to get under the luxury tax, they're not going to be wanting to take back salary.

Option A: Sign Lowry. Sign Ibaka. Let Patterson walk. Let Tucker walk. Trade Carroll. Trade Joseph.

This means you'll have a roster of Lowry, Wright, DeRozan, Powell, Ibaka, Siakam, Poeltl, Nogueira, Valanciunas, Draft Pick

Option B: Let Lowry walk. Sign Ibaka. Sign Patterson. Sign Tucker. Trade Carroll. Keep Joseph

This means you'll have a roster of Joseph, Wright, DeRozan, Powell, Tucker, Ibaka, Siakam, Poeltl, Nogueira, Valanciunas, Draft Pick

The front office may decide that they prefer Option B, because it provides a deeper roster that can play better defence in today's NBA (we've kind of seen what Option A's defense looks like earlier this year), and won't be as vulnerable to a single injury sinking the team's chances in 2018.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              No offence to Kyle and/or Masai, but Kyle's wrist should've been checked in New Orleans. I don't even know how and when he sustained an injury.
              Word is he hurt it in the Charlotte game.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

#LogicFail
                It's only a fail for people who have no understanding of the conversation.

Axel said Casey has no awards and accomplishments. I simply listed them.

You clearly make conclusions off of these things and maybe Axel would too if he respected them.

I just listed them and let posters make their judgements/conclusions.

Where you would see....Nothing to see here.....Someone else may see.....Stevens hasn't done anything yet. lol

BINGO
                Last edited by special1; Mon Feb 27, 2017, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Word is he hurt it in the Charlotte game.
                  So they didn't find any 'loose bodies' during initial examination? We played Charlotte on 15th, Lowry on 19th was still in pain( He was icing it during the all star game )

Comment

• What's gonna happen now is we're gonna finish 5th, get smashed in the 2nd round, but the team public relations will proclaim "next year is different! Healthy kyle plus serge!"

Of course we all know now that expecting a healthy kyle lowry in the spring is like expecting a flood in nevada
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• Well fuck me, we're fucked.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          What's gonna happen now is we're gonna finish 5th, get smashed in the 2nd round, but the team public relations will proclaim "next year is different! Healthy kyle plus serge!"

Of course we all know now that expecting a healthy kyle lowry in the spring is like expecting a flood in nevada
                          Stay positive. We're gonna finish 3rd

Comment

No offence to Kyle and/or Masai, but Kyle's wrist should've been checked in New Orleans. I don't even know how and when he sustained an injury.
                            supposedly it was during the charlotte game before the all-star break. it was hurt. they assessed it and was apparently treating it DURING all-star week, thinking it'd be fine.

Comment

lowry: "thought i slept on my wrist wrong, thought it would heal up"

Comment

• We should claim Jennings off of waivers. He can replace Lowry in the lineup.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X