Playoff Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Picture

Right now we are 4th in the Eastern Conference, 2nd in our own conference. If playoff were to start today, we are
    up against the Hawks.

Raps VS Hawks
    Lowry > Dennis Schroeder - Lowry should be able to contain Schroeder
    DeRozan > Tim Hardaway Jr - DeRozan will hit his open jumper and drawing foul against this weak opponent
    DMC < Ersan Ilyasova - DMC plays tough defense but Ilyasova has the better shot
    Ibaka = Millsap - Both are great PF
    JV < Howard = Howard playoff is not regular season Howard, I believe JV will have a hard time

Raps 4 Hawks 2. Raps advance

If we were to play with the Bulls
    Lowry > Rondo - Lowry will outshine Rondo but given Rondo delivers when it comes down to playoff, who knows
    DeRozan < Wade - DeRozan and his Raptors beat the Heat when it comes down to playoff last time around but this
    time Wade will seek revenge and will guard heavily on DeRozan
    DMC < Jimmy Butler - Jimmy Butler will be a tough matchup for DMC but given the fact that we have two defensive SF in DMC and PJ Tucker, Butler will have a hard time hitting his shots
    Ibaka > Nikola Mirotic - Ibaka would crush Mirotic
    JV > Ryan Lopez - Lopez can't contain JV

Raps 4 Bulls 3. Raps advance

If we were to play with the Pacers
    Lowry > Jeff Teague - Lowry guarded George Hill last time around but I believe Lowry will have that extra edge
    over Teague
    DeRozan > Monte Ellis - DeRozan should be able to contain Ellis
    DMC < George - George will once again be a tough matchup for our Raptors
    Ibaka > Thaddeus Young - Young can't contain Ibaka
    JV < Myles Turner - Turner has become a really good player so I don't think JV will be able to contain him this time around

Raps 4 Pacers 2. Raps advance

So as you can see, no matter which team we play, we will advance and play either Boston or Washington. Although I would love to see the Raps play vs Pistons but only one can dream.

Just have to avoid finishing 4th/5th at all costs. Even dropping to 6th is more desirable than 4th/5th.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Feb 27, 2017, 11:29 AM.

Comment

They need to move into 2nd/3rd to avoid Cleveland in the second round

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
        Right now we are 4th in the Eastern Conference, 2nd in our own conference. If playoff were to start today, we are
        up against the Hawks.

Raps VS Hawks
        Lowry > Dennis Schroeder - Lowry should be able to contain Schroeder
        DeRozan > Tim Hardaway Jr - DeRozan will hit his open jumper and drawing foul against this weak opponent
        DMC < Ersan Ilyasova - DMC plays tough defense but Ilyasova has the better shot
        Ibaka = Millsap - Both are great PF
        JV < Howard = Howard playoff is not regular season Howard, I believe JV will have a hard time

Raps 4 Hawks 2. Raps advance

If we were to play with the Bulls
        Lowry > Rondo - Lowry will outshine Rondo but given Rondo delivers when it comes down to playoff, who knows
        DeRozan < Wade - DeRozan and his Raptors beat the Heat when it comes down to playoff last time around but this
        time Wade will seek revenge and will guard heavily on DeRozan
        DMC < Jimmy Butler - Jimmy Butler will be a tough matchup for DMC but given the fact that we have two defensive SF in DMC and PJ Tucker, Butler will have a hard time hitting his shots
        Ibaka > Nikola Mirotic - Ibaka would crush Mirotic
        JV > Ryan Lopez - Lopez can't contain JV

Raps 4 Bulls 3. Raps advance

If we were to play with the Pacers
        Lowry > Jeff Teague - Lowry guarded George Hill last time around but I believe Lowry will have that extra edge
        over Teague
        DeRozan > Monte Ellis - DeRozan should be able to contain Ellis
        DMC < George - George will once again be a tough matchup for our Raptors
        Ibaka > Thaddeus Young - Young can't contain Ibaka
        JV < Myles Turner - Turner has become a really good player so I don't think JV will be able to contain him this time around

Raps 4 Pacers 2. Raps advance

So as you can see, no matter which team we play, we will advance and play either Boston or Washington. Although I would love to see the Raps play vs Pistons but only one can dream.

Ahh. Reassuring
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Just have to avoid finishing 4th/5th at all costs. Even dropping to 6th is more desirable than 4th/5th.
          In 100% agreement.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            We dropped the homecourt in the first two series anyhow

Comment

pretty good chance Lowry doesn't return for the first round

Comment

deebee wrote: View Post
                pretty good chance Lowry doesn't return for the first round
                Not too sure about that. Most guesses I've seen pegged him at about 4-5 or 5-6 weeks. And thankfully Raptor players have returned from injury on schedule (Carroll, Sullinger, Demar...)

Comment

Ball wrote: View Post
                  Not too sure about that. Most guesses I've seen pegged him at about 4-5 or 5-6 weeks. And thankfully Raptor players have returned from injury on schedule (Carroll, Sullinger, Demar...)
                  The clock starts tomorrow! Hopefully he's an April fools day return
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    The clock starts tomorrow! Hopefully he's an April fools day return
                    We really need him to get back to play minimum 3-4 games prior to playoffs to be in optimal position for first round.

Comment

Working...
                    X