No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Carroll, Pat and Powell is that they're best suited to easy, open looks, which they'd have plenty of if there were attention on both Kyle and Demar. When they're able to be played straight up, man, they can struggle. Ross was hot and cold of course, but he could hit it right in the face of the D when he was on. Again, no remorse about sending out Ross. But besides Derozan and without Kyle or Terrence, we're desperately low on guys who can hit contested shots.

Leads to no spacing.

Leads to hairloss, high blood pressure, and bouts of extreme anxiety.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
      I was reading RealGM Celtics forum after their bad loss to the hawks and it felt really good. Also, if you wanna get mad, read what one of them had to say about the raps and their fans:

Celtics 97 @ Raptors 107 Post-game Notes (37-21) We Lose

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...3&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Haha I actually found that pretty funny.

Comment

• Hopefully with Ibaka, the Wall - Gortat pick and roll won't kill us.

Comment

• Im blessing this thread, the saviour has your back RR

5 game winning streak coming up next!
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
            Im blessing this thread, the saviour has your back RR

NO. Your blessing is causing the juju, Abbas. SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH AND NO MORE PREDICTIONS.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
              NO. Your blessing is causing the juju, Abbas. SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH AND NO MORE PREDICTIONS.
              Abbas (aka Eddie Mush) strolling into RR like...

#fuckingjinx

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                People have an issue with that end of game offence? They got a switch and attacked with DeMar. And like one play earlier they managed a very difficult two for one with a very pretty screen play on the inbounds to get DD a layup. All good. This game's end of game offence was decent (in terms of play, not so much in terms of execution up until those last few plays - not enough offensive options out there for the 4th), completely unlike some of the unacceptable stuff we've seen this year during the recent slump.

In any case, a win! Yay! I don't care who the opposition is, or how ugly it is, every win gets a cheer while Lowry is out. He's the engine - you win a race in a car with no engine, kudos. Doesn't matter if the other guy only has an electric scooter, you're out here like Fred Flintstone running on the pavement. Good win.

But, yes, ugly win. Hoo boy, was it ugly. JV having foul trouble sucked, because he was the only other one scoring besides DeMar (who was once again fantastic throughout and is more than holding up his end of the deal while Lowry is out). Also a little ironic - why hook him with 4 fouls if there's no chance he plays in the 4th anyway? Should have started the 4th with him - was a lot to ask of Ibaka to play so much (and Pat at C for a stretch IIRC). Got killed on the boards for it too, giving up some very clutch offensive boards - thank goodness for Tucker doing the same thing for us at the other end, balanced it out.

Thank goodness Casey suddenly realized BeBe should not be playing with Lowry out. This one came down to the wire and I don't know if the team could afford to spot the Knicks another 5-10 points with a useless few minutes from BeBe. Poeltl bled 5 points in a minute, but baby steps.

Hey, on a night where no one could hit shots, I call this a good win. Heck, missing an all star, JV and Ibaka foul trouble, back to back on the road? Very good win.
                Are you still seriously wondering why Casey doesn't play JV in the 4th quarter? Really? JV is not going to see another minute in the 4th for the rest of the season. We all know it.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                  Im blessing this thread, the saviour has your back RR

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    Are you still seriously wondering why Casey doesn't play JV in the 4th quarter? Really? JV is not going to see another minute in the 4th for the rest of the season. We all know it.
                    Just because Casey won't do it doesn't mean I won't wonder why he doesn't do it. I didn't stop wondering why Scola was starting - that changed in the playoffs. I didn't stop wondering why Siakam was starting - that changed too, even before the team upgraded the position.

Plus, JV got used at the end of the first, start of the second like I was hoping - so anything seems possible right now.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Just because Casey won't do it doesn't mean I won't wonder why he doesn't do it. I didn't stop wondering why Scola was starting - that changed in the playoffs. I didn't stop wondering why Siakam was starting - that changed too, even before the team upgraded the position.

Plus, JV got used at the end of the first, start of the second like I was hoping - so anything seems possible right now.
                      I think he would have started the 4th if he didn't get into foul trouble. But as you said because he won't be used as the closing lineup for sure anymore we shouldn't have been worrying about his fouls. Casey has finally taken Bebe and Jakob out of the lineup and is bringing back in JV like you suggested so I feel in due time he will start playing him to start the 4th with the bench hopefully.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• "...you win a race in a car with no engine, kudos."

Love it. Quote of the month. Dan you could start selling T-shirts with that slogan.
                        Last edited by Puffer; Tue Feb 28, 2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• How does Melo get wide open on that final shot? I mean, how do we lose sight of the Knicks' MAIN scoring threat in 1.9 seconds? There was nobody within 10 feet of him. Unreal.

Ugly, ugly win, but I'll take it.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Curry, Kawhi, LeBron, Durant, IT, Wiggins, CP, Westbrook....i can go on and on.

Game winning situation, last sec shot, those guys gets the ball all the time.
                            I had no problem with the play call. Taking advantage of a shorter Rose is exactly what we should be doing in that situation.

But in the Detroit game a few weeks ago, going ISO against a taller/stronger Morris twin, bad play call.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              How does Melo get wide open on that final shot? I mean, how do we lose sight of the Knicks' MAIN scoring threat in 1.9 seconds? There was nobody within 10 feet of him. Unreal.

Ugly, ugly win, but I'll take it.
                              It's funny, Ibaka and Tucker screwed up the communication on the play and after the buzzer everyone celebrates and you could see those two talking over what they messed up. Plus Ibaka really should have been called for the off ball foul. Those two have been our best defenders the past few games but it was definitely on them, that final play. Still, communication should get better with time - still lots of upside defensively.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Scola was benched and siakam is in the dleague.
                                I read that the noble musicians kept playing as the Titanic went under...

Comment

Working...
                                X