Is there an upside to the injury?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KHD wrote: View Post
    given that it will be casey's excuse for fucking up the playoffs, no.
    Yeah true. Casey's like that ugly gf you just can't get rid of. no matter what you do she comes back. If you just plain dump her she makes you look bad and ruins you with other girls. LOL

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Hard to find a silver lining.

We get to show case CoJo more.. easier to trade if Masai needs some cap space back in the off season. It's all I can come up with.
      I still think the answer is rested, not banged up Lowry. Of course the flip side is he's rusty or worst of all not recovered yet. But glass half full is the fact that the last three playoff seasons he's played like varying degrees of shit. This is a new approach, the not playing for all of March and part of April approach. ASSUMING he gets back, it will be an interesting case study. He can't really play much worse than he did in the last two first rounds, so we don't have a whole ton to lose imo. (biggest thing is just that he gets back, and that we don't end up 4th or 5th seed)
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Rand wrote: View Post
        Yeah true. Casey's like that ugly gf you just can't get rid of. no matter what you do she comes back. If you just plain dump her she makes you look bad and ruins you with other girls. LOL
        But she's great with the kids, and heck even your mom likes her. She's loyal, won't cheat on you, and keeps a clean house. So you know, the fact that she's kind of ugly isn't always the worst

Comment

The silver lining is that everyone on the roster now needs to get their shit together because they can't rely on Lowry to bail them out every game. The team needs this

Comment

Biggest silver lining, by a mile, is the re-focusing of the team identity on grit and D.

In some ways, I wonder if Lowry was undermining Casey's desire for the team to be defense first, believing that he and DD were talented enough to simply out-score teams, while resting on D. That, of course, helps Lowry put up superstar individual stats on offense, while the team slips deeper into bad habits, like 2 seasons ago.

With Lowry out, and Ibaka + Tucker in, the team has no choice but to try and win games with defense. And more importantly, Casey doesn't have to butt heads with Lowry.

Comment

If they keep winning then Ay but if not then its a disaster
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                Biggest silver lining, by a mile, is the re-focusing of the team identity on grit and D.

In some ways, I wonder if Lowry was undermining Casey's desire for the team to be defense first, believing that he and DD were talented enough to simply out-score teams, while resting on D. That, of course, helps Lowry put up superstar individual stats on offense, while the team slips deeper into bad habits, like 2 seasons ago.

With Lowry out, and Ibaka + Tucker in, the team has no choice but to try and win games with defense. And more importantly, Casey doesn't have to butt heads with Lowry.
                You seem to be hung up on this idea that Lowry and DD are undermining the team, or are bad for the team, or are very selfish and refuse to use teammates, or some combination of all of the above.

I've noticed it now that I've paid attention...its kinda odd as we'd suck without them

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  You seem to be hung up on this idea that Lowry and DD are undermining the team, or are bad for the team, or are very selfish and refuse to use teammates, or some combination of all of the above.

I've noticed it now that I've paid attention...its kinda odd as we'd suck without them
                  Lowry and DD are bad for team defense. Is this a new thing?

Comment

He can make those excuses but it might give masai an excuse to fire/keep him and that is what matters.

Comment

Yeah just think without them, we could have awesome defense and lose every game 91-84! Yay!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Yeah just think without them, we could have awesome defense and lose every game 91-84! Yay!
                        Lowry and DD are great. They're our guys, Ride or Die, but they're not Westbrook & Durant. Sure, they can win regular season games against the NBA's middle of the pack, but they can't win playoff series all by themselves with their offense. We've already seen how that goes. Earlier this season, they've set a tone for this team that we were going to win games with offense and conserving energy for defense. That was trending in the exact same direction as 2 seasons ago, until just recently.

I mean, this isn't even my opinion, you can find quotes from Casey and even Lowry saying things along the same line a few weeks before the AS break, i.e., everybody has to commit to defense. I'm guessing you took the word "undermining" as an attack against Lowry's character or something you needed to defend?

Comment

Lowry is bad for team defense? Yeah that kind of is a new thing. His team defense is his best attribute on that end. Man-to-man is where he lacks

Comment

Lowry and DD are great. They're our guys, Ride or Die, but they're not Westbrook & Durant. Sure, they can win regular season games against the NBA's middle of the pack, but they can't win playoff series all by themselves with their offense. We've already seen how that goes. Earlier this season, they've set a tone for this team that we were going to win games with offense and conserving energy for defense. That was trending in the exact same direction as 2 seasons ago, until just recently.

I mean, this isn't even my opinion, you can find quotes from Casey and even Lowry saying things along the same line a few weeks before the AS break, i.e., everybody has to commit to defense. I'm guessing you took the word "undermining" as an attack against Lowry's character or something you needed to defend?
                            I'll agree to disagree. I've seen what our depth players do with open shots, and none of them are consistently clutch. The trade off of this mythical energy for defensive Kyle and Demar would regain isn't worth it

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                              Lowry is bad for team defense? Yeah that kind of is a new thing. His team defense is his best attribute on that end. Man-to-man is where he lacks
                              Yeah, poorly worded. Containing the ball handler at the point of attack and getting lost too easily on screens is where Lowry has been lacking on D, leading to blow bys.

Comment

Good point. Even if we get bounced in first round D.C. will be back.

Comment

Working...
                                X