Is there an upside to the injury?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    DeRozan missed a couple months two seasons ago, and that led to Lowry burning out and being like a half dozen types of injured for the rest of the year.

Valanciunas last year in the playoffs was pretty significant.
    I forgot about the DD one, though that team was in freefall with or without DD. The JV one was unfortunate but the team still managed to win without him (albeit wins were tough) and I don't think he would have made a winning difference in the ECF.

Perhaps I'll rephrase and say, "the Lowry injury definitely looks like the most costly injury of the last few seasons".

On the positive side, this particular roster is well-suited to handle a significant injury, so, maybe the storm can weathered....

Comment

http://www.nba.com/video/2017/02/27/...out-kyle-lowry
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

This entire month after the Wiz games is pretty cream puff. Mostly poor to mediocre teams. Not too many back to backs.
        Bucks, Sixers, and Knicks are the only really terrible teams imo. Maybe the Mavs. Everyone else is a fight.

Plus we play the Pacers three times and Paul George owned DeMar last year. With no Kyle those games could get rough.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          I think we finish 3rd
          Yes, that seems the most likely, though the Celtics have a really tough stretch coming up and they've looked shaky out of the break. As I posted before, I think the Wiz are in trouble with the schedule ahead and that road record. They've feasted on a home heavy schedule and no Western trips - hell, they haven't even had an extended road trip yet!!! All about to change....

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            He said 5th or 6th. You said 5th at worst. You guys are probably closer than you think in terms of expectations.

.500 the rest of the way seems about right to me, looking at the schedule. We don't have many gimmes, and teams are going to really lock down on DD.
            Think we have the 4th easiest schedule in the league?
            If Cory and Delon play well, I think we have a chance every night. Yes, for sure we do have some tough ones sprinkled in the schedule. Wiz will be a good test.

Comment

You think the Pacers can make up 5 games on us in 22? I'd say that's pretty unrealistic
              Umm not the Pacers but the Hawks aren't exactly going away, did you forget them?!

Comment

But she's great with the kids, and heck even your mom likes her. She's loyal, won't cheat on you, and keeps a clean house. So you know, the fact that she's kind of ugly isn't always the worst
                if she only loses a lil bit of that weight and learn pole dancin... LOL

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                  I forgot about the DD one, though that team was in freefall with or without DD. The JV one was unfortunate but the team still managed to win without him (albeit wins were tough) and I don't think he would have made a winning difference in the ECF.

Perhaps I'll rephrase and say, "the Lowry injury definitely looks like the most costly injury of the last few seasons".

On the positive side, this particular roster is well-suited to handle a significant injury, so, maybe the storm can weathered....
                  Yeah given that they were already in a slump and trying to integrate new players into the fold. Wonder how this affects his contract negotiations. Raps can't catch a break man.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    Yeah given that they were already in a slump and trying to integrate new players into the fold. Wonder how this affects his contract negotiations. Raps can't catch a break man.
                    you know what... I think this injury high lights one huge weakness we have - how BAD Casey is on BOTH SIDES of the ball. Look at this roster. This was built with Casey in mind - players who supposedly have defensive capabilities. And WHAT was the problem we have had this year? DEFENSE. This is a Defensive Coach! Why did we SUCK on D? On a roster built by his specs? So what did we do at the trade deadline? get MORE defensive players.

Now what happens when one of only 2 offensive options Casey rely on is gone? THIS. THIS MESS. This OFFENSIVE OFFENSE. As supposedly deep as we are, because of Casey's scheme, it looks like we got just 1 scoring option. With Casey's genius, we are Neither good at Defense nor Offense. And we are going to be one of the 3 most expensive payrolls in the NBA. I hope that's enough to justify his firing.

Comment

This entire month after the Wiz games is pretty cream puff. Mostly poor to mediocre teams. Not too many back to backs.
                      All bets are off the last couple weeks as teams either look to lose games or rest guys. Could be good for the Raptors.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Or how bout I believe it was 02, when we lost Vince and were way below .500, all hope seemed lost, and we won 12 of the last 14 to sneak in? Nearly upset the 2nd seeded Pistons in a best of 5 as well. Of course, Vince never returned unlike what we're hoping to see from Lowry, but its not impossible. That team was so fun at the end when Vince was sidelined. They sucked on paper but man did they battle. How we got that red hot relying on Chris Childs, Mo Pete and JYD 1.0 I'll never know
                        This fond memory is clouded by the infamous Chris Childs brain fart.

Comment

Speaking of "meaningful" injuries elsewhere....how about KD's misfortune yesterday? That's a kick in the gonads for GSW. Suddenly their competition for the finals see hope.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Speaking of "meaningful" injuries elsewhere....how about KD's misfortune yesterday? That's a kick in the gonads for GSW. Suddenly their competition for the finals see hope.
                            Without KD, they can now rely on the roster that won 73 games

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Without KD, they can now rely on the roster that won 73 games
                              Just to be a tad serious re the 73....they had to let Harrison Barnes and Andrew Bogut go in order to sign KD. They are trying to compensate for KD's injury by signing the great Matt Barnes ....not quite the same.

ps...I caught some of their game w/the Wiz and Curry (and team) were not on their 3 pt game incl. their previous one...and turnovers all over the place. Bogut just signed w/Cavs ...retribution?

Comment

Woj just posted on the KD injury.. seems like a bone bruise that needs to be re-evaluated in a month. Could be back for the playoffs / round one.

Comment

Working...
                                X