Current Raptor's "Signature Moves"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Raptor's "Signature Moves"

Here's a list of some current Raptors "signature moves" that you may have seen pop up in a game from time to time. Share some of your favorite "signature moves" that you've noticed throughout the last few seasons!

Kyle Lowry - The "If I think I'm Steph Curry, then I am Steph Curry" Deeper Than Deep 3-point shot where he kicks his legs out and draws a 4-point play.

DeMar DeRozan - DeMar has a lot of signature moves, but I think his most recognizable is his Euro Step. Another popular DeMar-ism is where he, in this exact order, goes up for a tough shot, grunts as if he got fouled, hits the deck, gives up on the play, stares at the ref, and slowly walks back to the other end of the court shaking his head.

Jonas Valanciunas - Jonas does this thing where he raises both his arms straight in the air after every play that he's involved in, whether it's him scoring a bucket, or him fouling someone, or walking back to the bench, or literally anything. Jonas touches the ball, whistle blows, Jonas' arms go up in the air as if he was on the show Cops.

DeMarre Carroll - DeMarre has 2 signature moves that he utilizes at least once every game. The first is where he scrunches his face up like a raisin after having a whistle blown against him, and then holds his palms up as if he was falsely accused of a crime, incredulous that fouls even exist in the NBA. DeMarre's second signature move is where he dribbles the ball twice and then PROMPTLY proceeds to lose the handle. I am pretty sure that DeMarre Carroll is incapable of dribbling a basketball for 3 consecutive bounces without the ball flying into his opponent's hands as if by some magnetic force.

Patrick Patterson - Patrick has this signature move where he forgets that he's a stretch-4, and he'll just call his own number and back his man into the post as if he has post moves. It's the same move every time, he'll back his man down starting from like the 3-point line (lol), and usually trip over himself in the process. Cuz you know Coach Casey is calling ISO's for Patrick Patterson...

Jakob Poeltl - My boy Jakob's signature move is what I call the "Dr Zoidberg Shuffle" named after the lobster character from Futurama. Jakob's lateral defense has a distinct "sideways lobster waddle" quality to it. Very aesthetically pleasing.

Don't know how you missed the Demar pump fake options.

There's the "no intention of shooting unless the defender bites" pump fake.

There's the "double pump step through" fake.

There's the "triple pump to no avail then jumping pass since I'm trapped" pump fake.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

lol these are hilarious.

you missed JV's infamous pump fake too. and bebe's begger stance whenever he gets whistled for a foul.

Comment

I think you forgot:

Demarre Carroll's "move the dread from in front of my face" after every shot, turnover or score move.

Norman Powell's "switch to left hand layup" move.

Demar's "pick up dribble step back mid-range jumper" move.

JV's "tip tip tip tip tip rebounds" move.

Cory Joseph's "dribble dribble spin tough layup aka The Tony Parker" move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

lol. Solid first post, rook.

I've noticed Chewbaka doing some kind of "arms up, thumbs down" thing. I'm guessing it's his version of the Mutombo finger wag.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
            lol. Solid first post, rook.

I've noticed Chewbaka doing some kind of "arms up, thumbs down" thing. I'm guessing it's his version of the Mutombo finger wag.

Comment

Am I the only one who actually likes seeing Patterson back down defenders every once in a while?

Comment

Serge has flashed a mini dream shake a couple times in his 1st(?) game. He also likes to flex/raises his arms after a block. Haven't seen it much on raps yet tho.

Siakam likes to out run the defense and catch the half court lob

JV likes the I'm going for a rebound and someone shoved me in the back grunt and flail.

Bebe has perfected the moving screen

Casey has the smash the clipboard and starts every sentence with "again".

Masai likes to say "hey" and has a weird laugh.

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
                  Serge has flashed a mini dream shake a couple times in his 1st(?) game. He also likes to flex/raises his arms after a block. Haven't seen it much on raps yet tho.

Siakam likes to out run the defense and catch the half court lob

JV likes the I'm going for a rebound and someone shoved me in the back grunt and flail.

Bebe has perfected the moving screen

Casey has the smash the clipboard and starts every sentence with "again".

Masai likes to say "hey" and has a weird laugh.
                  i think they call that the Pau Gasol special

Comment

Both Kyle and DeMar love the pump fake, get the defender in the air and then jumpshot into his body for the foul.

This yr DeMar has added the side step/step back jumper. You know he practiced that a million times.

Omg. Bebe I'm wide open under the rim pass! Can't think of a player who does this regularly.

Comment

When Powell gets a defensive rebound, dribbles it up the court at full speed without thinking of his teammates, and tries to charge into the paint for a layup regardless of who's there
                      OG is our king

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Am I the only one who actually likes seeing Patterson back down defenders every once in a while?
                        I like it. My brain starts screaming no but then he somehow finishes.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          The problem is that Patterson only shoots it "once in a while". So now you've got your floor spreader who's supposed to be opening up the floor for drivers, driving the ball.

Man, I remember one ghastly possession where every Raptor player took a turn at driving the ball into multiple defenders in the paint. One after another, like lemmings off a cliff.

As long as it's rare, then OK.

Comment

I really like how Cory always manages to fling himself into the stantion after every layup. I'm always sure he's going to break something.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                              The problem is that Patterson only shoots it "once in a while". So now you've got your floor spreader who's supposed to be opening up the floor for drivers, driving the ball.

Man, I remember one ghastly possession where every Raptor player took a turn at driving the ball into multiple defenders in the paint. One after another, like lemmings off a cliff.

As long as it's rare, then OK.
                              67.5% of Patterson's FGA's are three pointers, by far the highest rate on the team (Carroll is next closest at 57%). He's taken 185 three pointers, at a rate of 8.2 3PA's per 100 team possessions, a rate only outdone by Lowry (10.6), Ross (10.7) and Carroll (8.5), all of whom have significantly to dramatically higher usage rates than Pat.

Patterson has posted up 7 times, and driven the ball a total of 42 times on the season (so those quasi-post ups are being counted as drives, since he starts so far out). On those drives, his turnover rate is 7%, and he shoots 57% from the field and has earned 14 FTA's to his 23 FGA's in that situation.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X