Current Raptor's "Signature Moves"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delon saying "umm" after every other word spoken

Cory dribbling around the entire paint then getting back into the paint for a floater (the calderon)

The Demarre Carroll three-and-squat combo where he shoots a three and leaves his hand up and gets into a squat that's so low that it's actually a better defensive stance than the one he uses

The Kyle step back on the left elbow

The DeMar turnaround jumper in the high post (followed by a DeMar snarl 50% of the time)

Comment

The dwane casey "sit down jv" is always classic

Demar has this "I'm in pain" thing when he's contacted on a drive to the hoop, he lays down while teammates hover over him to give him the hand to help him up, but he's not ready yet. He holds his hands togrther over his eyes and scrunched his face like he's giving birth

Jvs done this one less this year, but when he gets whistled for a call he doesn't like, he does a limp wristed hand motion, the international symbol for "what-evaarr"
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Very nice thread. I can see one for all time Raptors being entertaining as well. Such as the Milt Palacio signature missed lay-up move.

Not picking on DeMar but it was amusing that on his game-winner vs the Knicks he was in mid-complaint to the refs that Rose encroached on his landing space when he saw the ball go in and then was like "nvm...I'm the man".
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Pattersons favorite move is bricking wide open 3 threes and holding the follow through.

Comment

DeRozan - The pump fake and the Kobe fadeaway shot.

Lowry - Step back 3.

JV - Pump fake + hook

Powell - Westbrook like acceleration when he's on the fastbreak.

Ibaka - Mid range + shot iblocking

Joseph - Floater

Patterson - 3?

Bebe - When he flails his arms and looks at the sky whenever he gets called for something or whenevee the opposing team scores smh.

Carroll - ?

Tucker - Tough defence
            Last edited by The Great One; Wed Mar 1, 2017, 01:26 PM.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

DeMar has too many moves to name just one, but his side-step jumper is fairly unique.

Lowry's equivalent is his jumpstop in the paint, reverse-pivot fadeway. But his signature is probably a pinball-drive right into the shotblockers chest for the layup.

Cory with the probe-hook.

Carroll with the offstep floater.

Comment

Is that what it's called - a side-step? Does it have a monikor like euro-step?

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
                  Is that what it's called - a side-step? Does it have a monikor like euro-step?
                  Some call it a slide step. Side step is probably as common and more accurate.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    Some call it a slide step. Side step is probably as common and more accurate.
                    That's way more lame than euro-step. Needs a name...

Comment

I like that when DeMar gets a smaller defender on him, he goes straight into a post-up on the wing about 15 feet out. Almost always finishes it with a turnaround fadeaway, often spinning baseline, I think.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        I like that when DeMar gets a smaller defender on him, he goes straight into a post-up on the wing about 15 feet out. Almost always finishes it with a turnaround fadeaway, often spinning baseline, I think.
                        It's actually really smart, because he often uses it to set up a PnR - you don't get the down hill momentum with a side pick and roll, but the post up stance completely prevents any ICE coverage, which can lead to easy short corner passes and a shorter slash into the paint.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                        X