• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Johnson vs. Demarre Carroll

Salary

Johnson - 4.0m
    Carroll - 14.2m

Stats

Johnson: 12.1p, 4.9r, 3.5a, 0.9s, 1.2b, 48.4FG%, 34.2% from deep, 17 PER in 26.5mins
    Carroll: 9.3pts, 4.1r, 1.0a, 1.2s, 0.4b, 40.5FG%, 33.8% from deep, 12 PER in 27.5mins
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Yes Carroll is now a lug on the team gonna hurt us when we need to upgrade at that position.

2 more years, no team would even eat the deal now to shed salary.

Comment

James Johnson is a head case who has bounced around the league for 6 years and... oh wait... he finally puts it together in the season where he'll get to make like $70 million guaranteed if he does.

Interesting.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
        James Johnson is a head case who has bounced around the league for 6 years and... oh wait... he finally puts it together in the season where he'll get to make like $70 million guaranteed if he does.

Interesting.
        We had JJ in a contract year too, in case you forgot. And apparently, he lost 25 pounds, because the Raps made him bulk up to play PF exclusively. And then we needed him at SF when Carroll got hurt. Raps just need to take a mulligan on JJ and learn from it.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          We had JJ in a contract year too, in case you forgot. And apparently, he lost 25 pounds, because the Raps made him bulk up to play PF exclusively. And then we needed him at SF when Carroll got hurt. Raps just need to take a mulligan on JJ and learn from it.
          Check JJ's career history. I've posted it here before so I don't feel like doing it again. All I'll say is that he's incredibly talented.. but I'd bet a lot of money that you revisit this conversation in 18 months and someone will be incredibly regretful that they are paying him $18 million a year.

Comment

Check JJ's career history. I've posted it here before so I don't feel like doing it again. All I'll say is that he's incredibly talented.. but I'd bet a lot of money that you revisit this conversation in 18 months and someone will be incredibly regretful that they are paying him $18 million a year.
            Unlike the warm fuzzies we all have paying Carroll 14.2M. Bigger point is, next year doesn't matter. JJ is good this year. And this is the year we really needed to load up and go for it and JJ is an opportunity missed, mainly due to the Casey-JJ dynamic, basketball related and off the court.

Comment

Doesn't make much sense to use JJ's stats this year for comparison

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                yeah JJ wouldn't play like this with Raps even if he was with us this year.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Unlike the warm fuzzies we all have paying Carroll 14.2M. Bigger point is, next year doesn't matter. JJ is good this year. And this is the year we really needed to load up and go for it and JJ is an opportunity missed, mainly due to the Casey-JJ dynamic, basketball related and off the court.
                  The Casey/JJ dynamic is him being tough to deal with in the locker room and behind the scenes, the same way he was in Chicago, Memphis, Sacramento, and Toronto... twice. Casey brought the best out of Johnson's career before he got to Miami - there's a common denominator in his career and it's not Casey, it's himself.
                  Last edited by Fully; Thu Mar 23, 2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Watching Carroll makes my blood boil. It's not even funny anymore.

- Unreliable 3pt shooter
                    - Overrated defensive player
                    - You know he's going to turn the ball over everytime he drives inside/handle the ball.
                    - Hands of stone
                    - 16million/year.

I can go on and on.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Interesting.
                      Head case? He was a model teammate for us his second stint, aside from one tweet. He's been widely lauded by Heat fans and the team too.

Further, he had a higher FG%, TS%, PER, rebound rate, steal rate, and block rate with us in 2014-15 in almost 1400 minutes than he is putting up this season in 1600 minutes with the Heat.

This isn't a contract year phenomenon, it's a talented player being given both a bigger opportunity and the freedom to play through mistakes.

Comment

The Casey/JJ dynamic is him being a dink in the locker room and behind the scenes, the same way he was in Chicago, Memphis, Sacramento, and Toronto... twice. Casey brought the best out of Johnson's career before he got to Miami - there's a common denominator in his career and it's not Casey, it's himself.
                        ^ see post above. JJ was a beloved teammate on the Raps. Check out some of the Open Gym episodes. Whatever the issues were that contributed to us not re-signing JJ, they appear to be almost exclusively between JJ and Casey.

One thing that is clear is that the plan to bulk him up to play PF was completely mis-guided, just as it was with Rudy Gay. And yet, JJ played pretty well in spite of that extra weight.

Comment

The Casey/JJ dynamic is him being a dink in the locker room and behind the scenes, the same way he was in Chicago, Memphis, Sacramento, and Toronto... twice. Casey brought the best out of Johnson's career before he got to Miami - there's a common denominator in his career and it's not Casey, it's himself.
                          Link?
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Yeah because Carroll is absolutely fucking useless, that any SF being better than him isn't saying much.

Comment

^ see post above. JJ was a beloved teammate on the Raps. Check out some of the Open Gym episodes. Whatever the issues were that contributed to us not re-signing JJ, they appear to be almost exclusively between JJ and Casey.

One thing that is clear is that the plan to bulk him up to play PF was completely mis-guided, just as it was with Rudy Gay. And yet, JJ played pretty well in spite of that extra weight.
                              The JJ "headcase" angle is completely overblown. Lowry was a head case at one point too but opportunity and trust (well at least once Masai moved Jose) manages to do wonders. Sometimes all a player needs is a coach who gives them some trust.

If JJ was such a head case as some claim, then there is no way that Masai would have brought him in for a second stint.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X